/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if im suited to study abroad or not?

Ethernano
11-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Ok so Im a Pakistani Muslim and Im highly confused. I dont know if I should apply abroad or not. Ok so ive never been outside Pakistan so I havent really ever met people from other countries and cultures so I have no clue how to interact with them if I choose to go out. Then this is like a whole 4 year experience and if we go to America for my studies so I cant just say to my parents that I want to quit university if i dont like the people there. So is there anyone here who is a Muslim and has studied in America? Can u explain what it was like? Is it very hard to make friends with ppl from other cultures? and do you feel homesick if u stay in a hostel? (Yes ive never stayed in a hostel myself before). Im used to speaking in my native language Urdu so is it hard to speak in English? I know English and Im good at it too but Ive never really talked in English with anyone... Then theres another big thing. I wear Hijaab and Alhamdulillah I pray and I dont go out with boys or anything and I know that in America, the ppl are very different so i just wanted to know will I get bullied for this? I dont know if Ill cave under the peer pressure and give up my Islamic principles which I dont want to do thats y im asking u to tell me if the bullying and peer pressure there are too much? Now u must be wondering y id want to go at all if there are so many confusions Well lets just say Im an adventurous girl. I like new challenges. If I want to I can just study in Pakistan and not have to go through any of this but that would be completely boring. Meeting ppl with new cultures and teaching them a thing or two about Islam too sounds much more better to me. Then ill also be the first girl from our family to study abroad and I want to inspire my younger cousins who look up to me. But I dont want to sacrifice my religion for all this or live a depresssing life thats y im asking for help. So please help me out here. JazakAllah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!