/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clarification about Career

IhsanNursyafiq
11-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I want to know if being a DJ is okay?
I'm just 17 and my passion is in music and will it be okay?

and

Is it even okay to go to clubs and perform because Im into music and not the drinks
(I will never drink because I know is haram. Terribly sorry if Im asking too much)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam

17 years old?. Hmm, right age to be my son.

Okay young man, now about your question. Is it okay to be a DJ?.

You are still to young to realize that there are many things in life that you haven't know yet. But I know how is night life, I know how is club life, I know how is DJ life.

So, I really suggest you not to be a DJ.

By the way, now sometime I meet my friend who I know since I was teen. He is former professional DJ, famous enough even. But he has left that world. In one occasion he ever told me "Alhamdulillah, I could stop work as DJ". Now his business is not far from his another hobby, selling motorcycle and rider gear.

Do you have another hoby?

:)

IhsanNursyafiq
11-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Thank you so much for replying!

You are right, I guess I just put DJ as a hobby and pursue something Im interested in.
Yes I do have another hobby. Its info-communications.

By the way, whats the main reason you suggest me not to be a DJ?
(Im curious)

ardianto
11-18-2013, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IhsanNursyafiq
By the way, whats the main reason you suggest me not to be a DJ?
(Im curious)
I will not talk about music. But, if you want to be DJ, must be you will not feel satisfied if you just play your mixer in your room. Must be you want to play in club. And do you know what will happen if you are in club?.

Full of temptation!. Profession as DJ will make a man surrounded by wrong people, including wrong women. And also close to drugs.

Now maybe you can say "I am strong to face these temptation!", but when you have enter the club world, are you sure you will not surrender to these temptation?.

We live in dunya not forever. One day we will go to our last place where we must give responsibility of everything what we have done in dunya.

My oldest son now is just 15, but he active in activities with his friends such as selling t-shirts or other stuffs. Not for support his life because I am still afford to fulfill his needs, but to get valuables experiences.

There are many positive activities that you can choose to fill your beautiful youth life.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IhsanNursyafiq
11-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you so much though for the positivity!

Muhammad
11-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam brother,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Regarding your questions, you should replace those interests with better ones, as suggested by brother ardianto. Music is something that a great many scholars have declared haram in Islam, so that is a big reason to turn away from these things. For detailed evidences on why it is haram, please see this post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1550852

In addition, music and the other activities you mentioned are associated with many evils. A Muslim should avoid coming close to anything evil and instead try to keep his deen safe from these things as much as possible. We should even avoid those places which are dedicated to unlawful activities, as well as being in the social company of people while they are engaged in their wrongdoing.

Taking alcohol as an example, let us look at the following:

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Maidah verses 90-91:

O you who have believed! ‘Khamr’ (all types of intoxicants), games of chance, idols, and divining arrows are all abominable works of the Shaytaan; therefore, stay (far) away from these so that you may attain success. Indeed, the Shaytaan seeks to sow enmity and hatred among you by means of ‘khamr’ (intoxicants) and gambling, and to prevent you from the Remembrance of Allah and from Salaah. Will you not, then, abstain from these things?

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2776 Narrated by Anas ibn Malik
Allah's Messenger :saws: invoked the curse of Allah on ten people in connection with wine: the wine-presser, the one who has it pressed, the one who drinks it, the one who conveys it, the one to whom it is conveyed, the one who serves it, the one who sells it, the one who benefits from the price paid for it, the one who buys it, and the one for whom it is bought.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 4477 Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah
The Prophet :saws: said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must not sit at a cloth (table or gathering) where wine is being circulated."

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 3765 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Umar
The Messenger of Allah :saws: forbade the sitting at a cloth (table or gathering) on which wine is drunk.

Allah :swt: has commanded the believers to stay far far away from any and all types of intoxicants, and the Messenger of Allah :saws: explicitly forbade the believers to sit or join in a gathering where alcohol is being served.
Please take care of these things brother, and focus on a good hobby :ia:. Allaah :swt: will be pleased that you left something for His sake and will help you in your career :ia:. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!