/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If there was one request you could ask of Allah, what would it be?

Anas Lewis
11-18-2013, 10:17 PM
If there was one request you could ask of Allah :swt: pertaining to this worldly life, no questions asked, what would it be and why?

I would ask Allah :swt: to eradicate shaytaan and evil jinns as I believe they play a significant role in our disobedience to Allah :swt:.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anas Lewis
11-18-2013, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Learningman
I would ask Allah for great understanding...I know the word of The Christian God but I need to learn about Allah...the more opinions the better for the people of the world...who's to say your religion is the only one that people should be following...I am the Christian Jesus Christ and as such do not know near enough about Allah...I understand you have 99 names for Him...That's a lot; I've got my work cut out for me...Thank you so much for allowing me to become part of your forum...I am sure we are going to become the best of friends...I think God and Allah are one and the same anyways...I think we all pray to the same God/Allah just in different tongues...my God taught me that He put all the different tongues into the world so men couldn't get together too fast and become too powerful...well, I think the time has come for everyone to get on the same page...God...Allah...Praise be to YOU !!!
May Allah allow you to attain that. Ameen.

Mustafa2012
11-19-2013, 12:46 AM
:salam:

This is great thread :ma:.

Actually, I have a quite a no. of things to ask for as we're allowed to ask for as many things as we want so I've been asking for all the things that will enable me to worship Allaah :arabic2: better. I try to think of all the reasons why I need the thing I'm asking for and then mention them to support my du'aa.

Please remember me in your du'aa.

Insaanah
01-06-2014, 03:59 PM
:salam:

format_quote Originally Posted by Anas Lewis
If there was one request you could ask of Allah pertaining to this worldly life, no questions asked, what would it be and why?
We can make unlimited requests to Allah, and Allah wants us to ask from Him. Indeed asking from Him is a form of ibaadah, so we should ask for all our worldly and spiritual needs, as well as for the hereafter, and we shouldn't ever imagine about a situation where we're limited to one request, as that might indirectly involve thinking badly of Allah, or limiting His ability, and power, without us realising we're doing so. It might be best not to imagine a situation of being limited to just one request, because we're not, and we won't ever be in shaa Allah, our Lord is the Most Generous Lord, the Giver, the Bestower, the Sole Hearer and Answerer of du'as.

However, one of the best single du'as one can make for their worldly needs, one of the most comprehensive du'as is actually in the Qur'an, in Surah al Baqarah, verse 186.

Rabbanaa aatinaa fiddunyaa hasanatan wa fil aakhirati hasanatan, wa qinaa athaab an naar

"Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!"

This comprehensive du'a covers everything.

Another du'a mentioned in the hadeeth, (variously graded as hasan or weak, and one version, sahih) is:

‏اللهم إني أسألك من خير ما سألك منه نبيك محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم، وأعوذ بك من شر ما استعاذ منه نبيك محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم، وأنت المستعان، وعليك البلاغ، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله

Allaahumma innee as'aluka min khayri maa sa'alaka minhu nabiyyuka Muhammadun :saws: wa 'aoothu bika min sharri masta'aatha minhu nabiyyuka Muhammadun :saws: wa antal musta'aanu wa 'alaikal balaaghu wa laa howla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah

"O Allah, we ask You from the good of what Your Prophet Muhammad asked You for, and we seek refuge in You from the evil of that which Your Prophet Muhammad sought refuge in You from, and You are the one from Whom aid is sought, and it is for You to fulfill, and there is no might or power except by Allah "

In this du3a, you ask for every good the prophet asked for, and seek refuge in every evil he sought refuge from.

http://www.sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/152

Another du3a mentioned in the saheeh ahadeeth is:

‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الشَّرِّ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ

"O Allah, I ask You for all that is good, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. And I seek refuge in you from all that is evil, in this world, and the hereafter, what I know and what I do not know.

Here you are asking for everything that is good in the world, the things that you know, and good that you don't know and might not be aware of.

http://www.sunnah.com/ibnmajah/34/20

See this thread also:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...sking-lot.html

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!