PDA

View Full Version : Salat - Announcing Intent to Pray before praying it

animehunter123
11-20-2013, 02:45 AM
ASA,

I was on
wikihowcom/Perform-the-Tahajjud-Prayer

I noticed near the end of the page it said:
"The site of this intention is the heart. By simply deciding in his heart to do this action, a person has made his intention. Hence it is not prescribed to speak the intention out loud when one wants to do the action. Rather speaking the intention out loud is a kind of innovation that was not narrated in the Book of Allaah or in the Sunnah of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), nor was it narrated from any of his Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them all). See al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/283."

Does this mean announing your "Nayat" before Salat Tahajjud is wrong?? What about for other salat, like salat al duhr?

For example when I pray i say:

1. raise my hands
2. say: allahuma rabi hatha al da3wa salati qa'iman ati saidina mohammed al wasila wa salatin rafiaa wa darajatan aliya rafii3a wa makaman wa mahmoodan alaty tukhlif al muad
3. say: nawayt a sali salat al tahajjud (or duhr or asr etc...)

4. say: allahu akbar and begin the salah

For step number 2 and 3... is that ok? I say it out loud, but is that haram or wrong??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmad H
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Tahajjud is a Nafl prayer. It is not a prescribed prayer. Thus, perform Tahajjud as you would perform any other Nafl you do.

And who wrote that book which you quoted? I have never heard of Niyyat being disallowed for any prayers before now.

ardianto
11-21-2013, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by animehunter123
For example when I pray i say:

1. raise my hands
2. say: allahuma rabi hatha al da3wa salati qa'iman ati saidina mohammed al wasila wa salatin rafiaa wa darajatan aliya rafii3a wa makaman wa mahmoodan alaty tukhlif al muad
3. say: nawayt a sali salat al tahajjud (or duhr or asr etc...)

4. say: allahu akbar and begin the salah

For step number 2 and 3... is that ok? I say it out loud, but is that haram or wrong??
:sl:

Say your niyat in whisper or only in your heart, not out loud like when you talk to someone who stand two meters from you.

animehunter123
11-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Thank you for your response. The wikihow website had those sentences (the beginning not in red), so I was confused by the english.

ok i will whisper or say it inside. Thnk yous o much

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!