/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam alaykum from a British Muslim!

Abdul-Halim265
11-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I reverted a month ago, al-Hamdulillah. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Halim265
11-23-2013, 05:04 PM
I work for Radio Free Syria, and spent time in Syria in August, filming a documentary on the Syrian revolution: "Stories from Idlib: A Revolution Ignored", which you can find on YouTube. I'm an activist for worldwide freedom, and a strong believer in human rights and democracy, which I believe are totally compatible with Islam, especially since my travels in the Middle East, in Syria and Turkey.

Jedi_Mindset
11-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Walaykum salaam bro, welcome to IB, hopefully you will enjoy your stay here :)

I will check out your documentary insha'Allah

Abdul-Halim265
11-23-2013, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Walaykum salaam bro, welcome to IB, hopefully you will enjoy your stay here :)

I will check out your documentary insha'Allah
Inshallah akhi! :) Thank you; I would post the link myself, but I can't post links until I've posted a few times. Thank you for supporting my work, not for me, but for the millions who appreciate all the help and support that they can get.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur Student
11-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Welcome to Islam, and to the forum brother.

You are definitely right that human rights and democracy are compatible with Islam. Not only compatible, but actually Islam is the very source and mother of many of today's human rights and much more. Just look at the Last Sermon of our Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) as an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L19x1At7bvw

Muslim Woman
11-24-2013, 06:59 AM
:wa:

:welcome:

Abdul-Halim265
11-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much for the warm welcome everyone. :) I hope to learn as much as possible, and judging by this thread, I seem to be doing so already. Thanks go to Nur Student for providing me with this interesting video. I'll view it soon!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!