/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Question?

Abdullah101
11-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Hello! My friend told me to memorize some text as it is the first part to prayer before you put your hands over your chest? (You say it while you have your hands near your head)

However I think he gave me the wrong stuff XD

It is a lot like the Sunni Adhan

2x الله أكبر,الله أكبر Allāhu akbar, Allāhu akbar God is greatest, God is greatest
2x أشهد أن لا اله إلا الله Ash-hadu an-lā ilāha illā llāh I bear witness that there is no god but God.
2x أشهد أن محمدا رسول الله Ash-hadu anna Muḥammadan-Rasulullāh I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
2x حي على الصلاة Ḥayya ʿala ṣ-ṣalāh Hasten to the prayer ('salat').
2x حي على الفلاح Ḥayya ʿala 'l-falāḥ Hasten to success.
2x الله أكبر Allāhu akbar Allah is greatest.
1x لا إله إلا الله Lā ilāha illā-Allāh There is no god but God. 3

(taken from Wikipedia)

EXCEPT, in what he told me to memorize, after Hayya 'ala 'l-falah (Hasten to success) there is a line which is: kaht kahmet as-salal, and the last box, Lā ilāha illā-Allāh, was not included.

lol? Can anyone help me out?

khat kahmet as-salal is something I transliterated myself from Arabic sounds to suit my English mind, try to sound it out, sorry lol.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nur Student
11-24-2013, 03:43 AM
This is called 'ikamah and it is sunnah (practice of our Prophet s.a.w.) to make 'ikamah before the prayers. Though not fard (obligatory), it is an important practice.

Insaanah
11-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Greetings Abdullah101, and welcome to the forum.

See this link, which has the full transliteration and translation of both the adhaan and the iqaamah, and explains what both are:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...icles&id=65220

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!