/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greed

glo
11-28-2013, 08:46 AM
One thing that deeply upsets me about our modern Western society is greed and consumerism. We seem to have forgotten to think about the needs of others (especially those more needy and vulnerable than ourselves), instead of looking to our own needs first. imsad

Just watch this video.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-28-2013, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
One thing that deeply upsets me about our modern Western society is greed and consumerism.
Greeting Glo,

Just want to say that greed and consumerism happen not only in western society.

glo
11-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Perhaps that's true, ardianto.

May God give us all a heart to look out for each other and provide for those in need - whether physical, emotional or spiritual. We are all precious beings and worthy of being cared for and cherished!

greenhill
11-28-2013, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Just want to say that greed and consumerism happen not only in western society.
I agree.:hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdullah101
11-28-2013, 01:38 PM
:sl:
It's so sad. Like the Buddhists say, desire is the cause of all suffering.
Quite honestly, it's very sad how people will act for a discount. Mankind revert to their simplistic ways in situations of stress, right?
insha'Allah everything will work out. (I don't even go to stores for some type of Black Friday discount. I'd rather just stay home and gain wisdom through steadfast study ^^)

ardianto
11-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Based on wealth and income, people can be shared into two categories. First, those who afford to help the poor people (called Muzaki in Islam). Second, those who need help because their poverty (called Mustahik in Islam).

Me?. Although my income is not big, I am a Muzaki, Alhamdulillah. But frankly, I often feel guilty.

Often enough, when I visited a shop I saw interesting goods, although actually I didn't need, I bought it and I said to myself "It's okay, I still have money". But in the time when I must give charity, .... wow! .... I felt very hard to give my money.

But maybe I am not the only person who feel this.

glo
11-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I admire your soul-searching honesty, brother ardianto! :)

greenhill
11-29-2013, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Often enough, when I visited a shop I saw interesting goods, although actually I didn't need, I bought it and I said to myself "It's okay, I still have money". But in the time when I must give charity, .... wow! .... I felt very hard to give my money.
Again, I agree :hmm:

Taabuu
11-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Greed is never good, nor does it serve to work any good purpose. Since we will never be able to attain everything we desire, greed offers us dissatisfaction. Our greediness ultimately destroys us as we harden our hearts, ignoring the needs of others. Ultimately, greed motivates us to pursue poor choices that plunge us into destruction.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!