/* */

PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one

jameelash
11-29-2013, 06:20 AM
salam
i opened my inbox.oh....so many deleted somany edited removed etcetc .am i te only one with such poor records:confused: ?may be my age is catching me up.wonder i will ever be better.now did i post where it should be:embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
11-29-2013, 06:32 AM
Salaam,

No. I get the same. Not all the time but sometimes... Sometimes when my post is edited I cannot remember the point that was removed. Still, I can only hazard a guess as to how much our 'mods' have to go through to vet and check the posts.

Peace :shade:

jameelash
11-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Thats right.i have never seen a forum that is so accurate.mashaAllah.

greenhill
11-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Diligent, more like :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
11-29-2013, 04:29 PM
:wasalamex

Many of these messages are automatically generated when moderators perform certain actions (like deleting/moving etc.), mainly for the purpose of letting you know what happened to your posts and why. It does not necessarily mean you have a poor record! It is normal for threads to get moved to other sections, and having a post edited or deleted does not always mean you did something wrong. Instead they may have been deleted because they were responding to a post that has been removed, or all off-topic posts are being removed to keep the thread on track etc. Sometimes we might even forget that such messages were sent.

Still, we can only do so much. We cannot read each and every post and we may not always get it right. So we apologise for any offence caused and we are happy to discuss anything in the Helpdesk section or through private messaging. You can also help by reporting posts to alert our attention to anything.

Jazakumullahu khayran for your patience!

ardianto
11-29-2013, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
salam
i opened my inbox.oh....so many deleted somany edited removed etcetc .am i te only one with such poor records:confused: ?may be my age is catching me up.wonder i will ever be better.now did i post where it should be:embarrass
:sl:

But sis, your post in "mum is comming" now is more readable after edited by brother Muhammad.

:)

jameelash
11-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Jazakullahkhair for the reply.i amnow relaxed.

Muhaba
11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
I get a near heart-attack whenever I get those :phew . It's a good thing I rarely do.

Signor
11-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Waalikum Assalaam

Am I the only one who feels good when he got a message about his posts being deleted/edited/moved?:hiding:

Yes,Its a rare happening when it comes to my postings and I don't like it:Evil:

greenhill
11-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Ooops! :muddlehea

Muhammad
11-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Did you know that sometimes even mods get automated messages, for example if their posts were moved by another mod. It can happen...

~Zaria~
12-01-2013, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Did you know that sometimes even mods get automated messages, for example if their posts were moved by another mod. It can happen...

Nice attempt by brother Muhammad to make us feel better :)

ardianto
12-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Am I the only one here who feel okay when my post being deleted or edited?

Moderators always tell me their reason why they decide to delete or edit my post.

~Zaria~
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
^ Not at all akhi.

We should welcome any constructive comments and corrections in life, as this enables us to grow and will make us better individuals in shaa Allah.
(the above was only said in humour : ) ).

Wassalam

jameelash
12-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Salam i too dont like my posts gtting deleted movedrtc etc..but i accuse myself for it.y i cant post corre
Ctly and cautiously.sometime i really stare at my own post not knowing were to post .mainly with islamic posts.thank u bro muhammed for ur humble replies..

greenhill
12-03-2013, 12:58 AM
When I read something I feel like contributing a thought, I just post it! Often I forget about it. If I start to really think about it the chances are I will not post it at all. Then I deal with the 'heart attack' moments.... if it comes.... It's getting better now... (and I am better able to deal with it too!)

Ha ha

Peace :shade:

Muhaba
12-03-2013, 04:27 AM
It is usually the post that I stare at cautiously and wonder if I should post that gets the most likes and reps.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!