/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snapshot reflection of my 'journey' here

greenhill
11-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Just a 'share'.

I remember joining the forum. A first for me. A totally different world. I had to pick the 'right' world and my first pick was this.

I am a born muslim. Like most born muslims, we cannot differentiate very easily what is tradition and what is sunnah. So we have to learn (if we realise it in the first place and then be bothered to learn). The easiest way would be to sift through information or more precisely, data. A forum of international muslims exchanging data is an excellent place to be for that.

In the short time I've been in, I notice the different energy patterns and 'directions' as waves of members, new especially, inject into the threads.

Time and again I find it frustrating that I can't get what I have in my mind out to the printed words. But then again I am still learning many things with regards to expressing only in writing. No spoken words here. And sometimes when I re read some of my posts I'm like "what?", some I cringe some I can live with. Maybe I am being overtly (over sealously ;D ) critical of myself?

I miss several members who seem to have taken a break. :hmm:

And I feel for those posts especially in the "Advice Section" where it is not accessible to me. Sometimes I would like to say words of encouragement, where I can. Maybe a place we can can submit posts subject to 'mods' approval. Sometimes the share is a 'a personal soul bearing plea' that it warrants a reply. It should not be left un-responded. I don't know, maybe it is just me. As I say, I am new to this forum stuff :p.

There's tons in the archive. Some threads are yongs long! And I have a relatively poor memory. I can remember the essence of the message, but can't remember where I heard it etc..

I have been challenged, questioned, helped, explained, informed, enlightened, made friends, complimented, understood, supported, responded to, did I say make friends? corrected, listened, and more.

On the whole I am enjoying my stay here. Thank you all for making it happen for you and everyone else! Without the individual me's and you's there will be no us!

Salaams to all Peace :shade:

:rock: :awesome: :rock:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
11-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Greetings and peace be with you greenhill;

I enjoy reading your thoughtful replies on many topics.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

greenhill
11-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Eric, you have been inspirational. Your comments at times passes religious boundaries and universally 'humanitarian' with a skew to serving the Lord of Creation. Very unbiased.

A very valuable IB Oldtimer indeed. You already know the islamic view on the matter we all seek answers to, but I am going to say it anyway, may Allah bless you.

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!