/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?

iiddnn
11-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Think about it, being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility. And to eat the one fruit that was forbidden out of the millions that were offered to you, i mean come one really....

(if you don't have the necessary knowledge to answer the question please don't answer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
11-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Of course it's wrong.

It is very arrogant to say something like 'come on really' in a mocking manner like that.

See, Allah has a ranking system for all humans. You should know that the Prophets and Messengers occupy the top positions in this ranking order. We sit at the low end and have no business trying to act smart and think down of someone who out classes us in a million different ways. Beyond doubt, if we were in his position we would have done the same thing if not in a worse manner. There is no doubt in that. So, it makes no sense for you to think bad of him. It's like me looking down on Manny Pacquiao for losing some of his previous matches when if it was me against his opponents I would have been knocked out in seconds. Only arrogance and ignorance can be to be blame for that.

That said, however, the main issue you have is that you are attributing our existence here in this world onto Adam AS whereas in fact you need to realise that everything happens only due to the will of Allah. I.e. we are here due to the will of Allah and not Prophet Adam's action in and of itself.

Ali_008
11-29-2013, 08:24 PM
:sl:

I will leave all the Islamic part out of this answer, and try to answer in the simplest terms.

If Adam and Eve knew the consequences of their action, I don't think they would have eaten in the first place. Additionally, they were the pioneer humans, they had no past examples to take heed from, and one can only imagine how innocent they must have been. Adam (alayhi salaam) was taught the name of things by Allah, and he was a knowledgeable person, but yet there is a lot of difference between theory and practice. On paper, we would give away our lives for the sake of Islam, but in reality how many Muslims would actually stand up? It is a matter of naivete as well as inexperience.

In addition to the above, it is totally unfair to just find an excuse for the ill of all mankind and just attribute it to someone. The fruit brought knowledge to mankind, and as a result also led to wars, but you have to also take into account that it was because of this knowledge that a lot of wonderful things have happened on earth. The immortal moments that have occurred over the years displaying the undying spirit of man are exceptional as well.

It is also human nature to do things which are harmful despite being well aware of the consequences such as students not preparing well before their exams, people being unreasonable with one another, not finishing work until the end of deadline and incurring last minute pressure, and others I'm sure you are well aware of. In the case of Adam and Eve, the consequences going as ghastly as they did was hardly imaginable.

Hope this helps.

Nur Student
11-29-2013, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iiddnn
Think about it, being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility. And to eat the one fruit that was forbidden out of the millions that were offered to you, i mean come one really....
It is definitely wrong to think this way, and hate Adam (a.s.) and Eve.

Refer to this thread from only a couple days ago:

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ing-adams.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
11-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes, it is wrong to hate somebody Allah chose, honoured, and guided.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds. (3:33)

Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]. (20:122)

Think about it, being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility.
You need to be careful before putting such an accusation on Adam (alahyi assalaam).

What you have quoted, is not the Islamic point of view, but the Christian point of view, whereby part of the punishment was that Adam (alayhi assalaam) and all subsequent generations would have endure painful toil, and suffering entered the world. The Islamic point of view, is that Allah forgave, honoured, chose, and guided him. There is no mention of human pain and suffering being a consequence of eating from the tree. Adam (alayhi assalaam) is our father, created by Allah with His own hands.

Abdullah101
11-29-2013, 09:56 PM

(if you don't have the necessary knowledge to answer the question please don't answer?
Adam and Eve are not the cause of all the pain and suffering in this world.

Quran 2:37
Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful.

Desire is the cause of all suffering, it drives every bad decision we make.

YusufNoor
11-30-2013, 12:47 AM

there's a hadith, though i don't have the chain, but it's considered to be authentic:

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.” [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]
Allah knew Adam would sin. we are not perfect. it's what you do AFTER you sin that counts, repent and return to Allah.

don't get lost in deviant or Christian theology, stick with Islam!

ma salaama

OmarHassan
11-30-2013, 02:29 AM
Don't blame Adam or Eve. They are only humans, and you should try to sympathize with their downfall considering that you share part of their flaw. Blame the Shayatun for everything and strive to do better every day, and recognize that if it weren't for adam and eve, you wouldn't even be here. If it weren't for adam and eve, Allah wouldn't have delivered his message and he would not have provided a path for you to know him. It's an abstract concept. Lastly, do as the prophet (swt) said and hate that which is evil and love that which is good... I guess adam and eve's downfall is sort of a good thing.
Salam

greenhill
11-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Don't know the auntenticity of this story I read a long time ago, but it made me think....

A story narrated that on one of his journeys, Moses (pbuh) came across Adam (pbuh) and asked if he was Adam, the first man, (or something like that) to which Adam (pbuh) replied yes he was, and Moses asked a further 2 verifying questions to ensure that it was him and not somebody else to which Adam (pbuh) confirmed that he indeed was, and Moses (pbuh) really let loose and blamed the consequences of that 'apple' action squarely on his shoulders.

Adam (pbuh) replied by asking Moses (pbuh) 3 similar questions, like is he Moses that was sent for the Jews.... to which Moses replied yes, to confirm that he indeed was. Adam then went on tho say words to the effect of,

Do you believe that the Book was written before my (Adam's pbuh) creation? Which Moses agrees to, then Adam asked words to the effect of, 'how can you, (Moses) blame me for actions that was already predestined to happen by the WILL of Allah?' to which Moses (pbuh) conceded and realised that it was not Adam or Eve that is to be blamed for the plight of humanity here on earth...

I liked the story and it answers my curiosity on that matter... as I said, not sure of its authenticity, though... (wished I had the source where I got this from)

Peace :shade:

Muhaba
11-30-2013, 04:02 AM
Yes it is wrong. First of all Adam was the first Prophet and we have to revere all Prophets. Adam and Eve were also our ancestors (parents) so we can't hate them. Finally, the reason we're on earth has nothing to do with their mistake. Allah created humans for the earth, to live here and do their stuff, etc. That is even proven from Allah's statement
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."
(2:30)

Another translation is: And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth.

So mankind was destined to be placed on the earth from the beginning. Therefore, whether Adam and Eve had made the mistake or not, we would still be on earth.

Remember also, that Allah had asked various creation whether they wanted to take the test (that we are in now) but they refused. Only mankind accepted to be a part of this test. So we brought this upon ourselves. Even today mankind continues to place itself in unnecessary hardships bringing upon itself more than it can bear. Think of the people scaling Mount Everest. For what reason? Only because that is the nature of mankind.

Indeed, we offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man [undertook to] bear it. Indeed, he was unjust and ignorant. (33:72)

For more information, read the tafsir of the above verses.

Eric H
11-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Greetings and peace be with you iiddnn;

You only earn the right to hate Adam and Eve; if you have never disobeyed Allah, and you will never disobey Allah for the rest of your life.

If you have disobeyed Allah only once, then you become sinful like the rest of us, and like Adam and Eve we have to answer to our creator.

In the spirit of searching for a just, merciful and forgiving God,

Eric

Muhammad
12-01-2013, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Don't know the auntenticity of this story I read a long time ago, but it made me think....

[...]

Do you believe that the Book was written before my (Adam's pbuh) creation? Which Moses agrees to, then Adam asked words to the effect of, 'how can you, (Moses) blame me for actions that was already predestined to happen by the WIll of Allah?' to which Moses (pbuh) conceded and realised that it was not Adam or Eve that is to be blamed for the plight of humanity here on earth...

I liked the story and it answers my curiosity on that matter... as I said, not sure of its authenticity, though... (wished I had the source where I get this from)
I think you might be referring to the following hadith in Sahih al-Bukhari and others:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet :saws: said, 'Musa argued with Adam and he said to him, "Are you the one who got mankind expelled from Paradise because of your sin and you caused them grief!'' Adam replied, "Are you the one whom Allah chose for His Divine Messages and His direct Speech Are you blaming me for a matter that Allah wrote upon me before He created me.''' Then, the Messenger of Allah :saws: said, 'Thus, Adam defeated Musa'.

Quoted here:
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...=897&Itemid=74
http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/do...stify_sinning_

jameelash
12-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Salam the bro sis have given agood answers.mashaAllah.turn to Allah make tauba..may Allah turn u a good muslim aameen

sur
12-02-2013, 05:11 AM
being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility. And to eat the one fruit that was forbidden
Sahih Muslim 2652 c
In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 22
Online English reference : Book 33, Hadith 6411

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying:
There was an argument between Adam and Moses (peace be upon both of them) in the presence of their Lord. Adam came the better of Moses. Moses said: Are you that Adam whom Allah created with His Hand and breathed into himHis sprit, and commanded angels to fall in prostration before him and He made you live in Paradise with comfort and ease. Then you caused the people to get down to the earth because of your lapse. Adam said: Are you that Moses whom Allah selected for His Messengership and for His conversation with him and conferred upon you the tablets, in which everything was clearly explained and granted you the audience in order to have confidential talk with you. What is your opinion, how long Torah would haye been written before I was created? Moses said: Forty years before. Adam said: Did you not see these words: Adam committed an error and he was enticed to (do so). He (Moses) said: Yes. Whereupon, he (Adam) said: Do you then blame me for an act which Allah had ordained for me forty years before He created me? Allah's Messenger said: This is how Adam came the better of Moses.

greenhill
12-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Thank you Muhammad and sur.

Peace :shade:

dcalling
12-12-2013, 04:51 AM
I think Jesus once said in a prayer that may God forgive our sins just like we forgive others.

muslimah bird
12-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Also 35.18. And no soul, as bearer of burden, bears (and is made to bear) the burden of another; and if one weighed down by his burden calls to (another for help to) carry it, nothing of it will be carried by that other, even if he be his near of kin

Ahmad H
12-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Adam and Eve were not responsible for any pain that the rest of humanity suffers. Just what causes you to conclude this? If it's the fact that they were thrown out of Paradise, then note that there is no agreement on what that "Jannat" means. It could mean the Jannat of the afterlife which they had, or a Jannat on earth they were thrown out of. It could be anything. It may not be either of those two things I mentioned, it could be something else entirely. Point is, no one is agreed.

And bear in mind, no one is responsible for the burden of sin someone else incurs. Adam and Even went through pain and suffering just as we do. The Holy Qur'an says: "Verily, We have created man in toil." (90:4, Mohsin Khan translation) I do not see how Adam and Eve were both exempt from this when they clearly had to ask Allah for forgiveness when they were deceived. Allah forgave them for what they did, by the way. In fact, Allah taught Adam (as) a du'a for asking Him forgiveness. And Allah did eventually forgive him. This is all in the Holy Qur'an.

So, if Allah forgave him for his trespass, then why shouldn't you? Allah knows more than you do about everything. If Adam (as) was ever responsible for the suffering of 100 billion+ people, then Allah would probably not have forgiven him and he would keep incurring sin for all the suffering each human being has. But this is not the case.

Also, do not get confused with Christian doctrine. I think you might be thinking of the original sin which Christians believe in. This is completely contrary to the teachings of Islam and it has no basis. Original sin is a false doctrine and there is nothing correct about it. Each human being born does not incur the sin of Adam and Eve, they were both forgiven in their lifetimes, and furthermore, every baby is born without sin - even a baby born from a prostitute. A baby born from a prostitute that dies still has funeral prayers said over it, because it is sinless the day it comes into the world until the baby grows into a young person who can distinguish right from wrong.

So, if we are already all made to toil and struggle, born without sin and Adam and Eve were forgiven by Allah - then I think all of these are arguments that clearly exonerate them of any misdeed of causing human suffering thousands of years later. How can someone be guilty of what others go through thousands of years later anyways? There is nothing they directly did which causes us pain and suffering now. Again, being thrown out of Jannat does not constitute any incurring of pain and suffering which would not have been there before.

If you are worried about what they did, and you blame them, then consider that this was all part of the Al-Qadar of Allah. In fact, to truly answer your question, which Musa (as) also once presented to Adam (as), the Holy Prophet (saw) reported what was exchanged between the two of them:

From Jami' At-Tirmidhi, Book of Al-Qadar, Hadith #2134:

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet(S.A.W) said:
"Adam and Musa argued, Musa said: "O Adam! You are the one that Allah created with His Hand, and blew into you of His Spirit, and you misled the people and caused them to be expelled from Paradise.' So Adam said: 'You are Musa, the one Allah selected with His Speech! Are you blaming me for something I did which Allah had decreed for me, before creating the heavens and the earth?'" He said: " So Adam confuted Musa." (Sahih)

So I think that should satisfy you. This Hadith teaches a good lesson on not blaming others for anything. For us Muslims, things don't just happen, they are Decreed by Allah. Everything is part of His Decree. Therefore, don't blame someone for what they did since His Decree determines all. And Allah can't be blamed for anything. Thus, what is there to get riled about? It was all meant to be.

Abz2000
12-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Amazing how some of us forget who our real brethren are and fall into the hands of satan who's sole aim is to make us stumble and fall into the pit.
The original post indicates an apathy to the deeds of the devil who put out his foot to make him fall in the first place.

At least Allah offers us paradise for our striving, even if we are unable to actually achieve anything with our efforts.

Have you read verse 13 of chapter 22. الحج in the Holy Quran?

يَدعوا لَمَن ضَرُّهُ أَقرَبُ مِن نَفعِهِ ۚ لَبِئسَ المَولىٰ وَلَبِئسَ العَشيرُ

English-YusufAli translation

(Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (or help)!

Have you read verse 14 of chapter 22. in the Holy Quran?

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُدخِلُ الَّذينَ ءامَنوا وَعَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ جَنّٰتٍ تَجرى مِن تَحتِهَا الأَنهٰرُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفعَلُ ما يُريدُ

English-YusufAli translation

Verily Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens, beneath which rivers flow: for Allah carries out all that He plans.

Scimitar
12-21-2013, 06:26 AM

Alright so i was thinking a while ago.Everyone says heaven is supposed to be really beautiful. I heard somewhere that there was no night and winter in heaven, which kind of caught me off guard because i actually really like winter, snow cold weather and the night a lot (and Oreos) . So can heaven change based on what we like or what?
How are we supposed to be absolutely sure that Islam is the correct religion.
What is mythology to use was religious to someone else and im sure they actually believed that their religion was the correct one. So what makes Islam different then the thousand of religions throughout history?
Im looking for an islamic opinions on this.

So i was wondering the other day. Why is life so unfair. I mean all the evil people control the world. Some village in Afghanistan/Pakistan is getting bombed by Taliban. People in Africa are starving, While the rich are living their lavish lifestyles. The royal family of Saudi Arabia, who i guess are supposed to be "muslims" are calling prostitutes, spending on stuff they dont even need, and even in a normal society, there are those that are privileged, and those that are not.

I grew up thinking God loved all humans equally, but that is not what i see in the world today.
6 posts... 4 of which are like this... faker.

Scimi

Omar12345
12-30-2013, 06:03 PM
It's wrong to hat anybody

Peace

BeTheChange
12-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Why hate Adam and Eve?

If you are going to use your emotional energy hating someone - hate the devil.

Pointless topic. Your in this world. It's a test. Deal with it.

Just being direct and honest here. No harsh feelings. Noone can change the situation. Noone can change the past so why discuss it? Focus on present and furture. Concentrate on building your emaan.

That's my advice.

greenhill
01-26-2014, 12:32 PM
One of the things I have learnt here in this forum recently was something a new member said (if I am not mistaken, a new convert/revert, too) about a Jeffrey Lang talk on the Purpose of Life on youtube.

His 'peeling' of the layers in the surah Al Baqarah verse 30 to 38 or something like that talks about the creation of Adam. What he goes on to say and explain really hits home to me and solidified my belief in the deen even more. How it all cosmically makes sense. And what he concludes in terms of the 'real' message is somehow reiterated as I read the tafsir of the Qur'an.

Anyway, the youtube video will definitely answer the question of this thread (imho) and perhaps even clear the head of the uncertainties how to 'get close' to Allah.

I am so glad I watched that video.

:peace:

Karl
01-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Adam and Eve is just a story. You can't take it literally. It is mainly to explain not to be tempted by evil as it will ruin your life. But the difficult part is knowing if the tempter is evil or not, as evil reassures you that it will be good for you and so does the good.

greenhill
01-28-2014, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Adam and Eve is just a story. You can't take it literally. It is mainly to explain not to be tempted by evil as it will ruin your life.
That is it! I don't believe it is just a story and it is definitely not just about temptation of evil where most people have misunderstood. It is about human being's making their choice (their first ever based on their 'rational' thinking)....and it was against Allah's explicit command, they realised it and asked for forgiveness.

There are plenty of surahs in the Qur'an to tell us of good and bad without the need for the Adam and Eve story for this explicit purpose.

:peace:

InToTheRain
01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
:sl:

1) There is no reason to blame Adam(AS) for us being on earth nor can he be blamed because Allah Most High already decreed this before the complete creation of Adam(AS). As Allah Almighty states in the Qur'an:

"And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not.(al-Baqarah 2:30)"

So even if the forbidden fruit were left alone we still would've ended up on earth.

2) It's futile to have hatred for matters that already been decided and over which you have no control. Better to reconcile those feelings before you get devoured in them. What point is there in brooding over them?

3) iblis/shaytan misguided Adam(AS). iblis had many things but he didn't have love for Allah Azza Wa Jal; he had
a) `Aql (intellect),
b) `Ilm (knowledge), and
c) `Irfan (awareness of Allah Most High)for even when being thrown out by Allah, Most High, he was sufficiently aware that anger does not overcome Allah and that He answers those who call upon Him and thus asked for respite until the Day of Judgement.

I also heard there was no place left from where iblis hadn't prostrated to Allah and so he asked for respite using the good he had done before; such was his hatred for Adam(AS) and his progeny. And as stated by others in the post he led Adam(AS) astray. If you should hate anyone then hate iblis for wispering into the heart of Adam(AS) and exploiting his innocence. Even Allah Most High tells us Adam(AS) was led astray by iblis:

"So he (Satan) misled them with deception." (Ch 7:22) Allah said: "Thus did Adam disobey his Lord so he went astray." (Ch 20:121)

[PIE]
Then Satan whispered suggestions to them both in order to uncover that which was hidden from them of their private parts before, he said:" Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save you should become angels or become of the immortals." Satan swore by Allah to them both saying: "Verily I am one of the sincere well wishers for you both."

He started to whisper to him day after day, coaxing him: "Shall I guide you to thTree of Immortality and the Eternal Kingdom?" He said to them: "Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save you should become angels or become of the immortals." He (Satan) swore by Allah to them both saying: "Verily I am one of the sincere well wishers for you both." (Ch 7:20-21)

Adam asked himself: "What will happen if I eat from this tree? It might truly be the Tree of Immortality." His dream was to live forever in the pure innocence of Paradise."
Years went by, and Adam and Eve were preoccupied with thoughts of that tree. Then one day they decided to eat of its fruit. They forgot that Allah had warned them not to approach it and that Iblis was their sworn enemy. Adam stretched out his hand, picked one of the fruits and offered it to Eve. They both ate of the forbidden tree.

Allah the Almighty addressed him: "Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you: Verily Satan is an open enemy unto you?" They said: "Our Lord! We have
wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."(7:22-).[/PIE]

What wonderful words of Adam(AS)! He doesn't seek to blame others lnor does he claim that he wronged Allah Most High but rather says that he has wronged himself by disobeying Allah Most High!

shaytan is an open enemy to us as Allah, Most High, Himself states this in the verses above and know that shaytan continues to whisper into the hearts of mankind so that we be are led astray. This is is sole objective.

4) Adam(AS) was exemplary in showing the greatness of men for he was immediately repentant. Contrast this with iblis the accursed who made pathetic excuses for his shameless disobedience towards his Creator; claiming he is better for he is made out of fire when he failed to prostrate to Adam(AS). iblis new very well what made Adam(AS) special was not the material used to make him but rather the the way in which he was made for Allah Most High says He created Adam (AS) with His Own Hands and Spirit denoting how much Allah, Most High, honored Adam(AS) (Not that Allah Most High use 2 hands to create something like we do or breathed in a part of him into Adam(AS); Allah Most High is far from being similiar in any way to His creation)

From the clay Allah created Adam. he molded his form with His own hands and blew His spirit into him. Adam's body quivered as life was imbued into it. Verily His Command, when He intends a thing is only that He says to it, "BE!" and it is! (Ch 37:82 Quran).

Allah the Almighty declared: Verily the likeness of Jesus, in Allah's Sight is the likeness of Adam, He created him from the dust then He said to him. "Be!" --and he was. (Ch 3:59 Quran)

5) We can't imagine the excruciating pain Adam(AS) felt after having been exiled right after being acquainted with Allah Most High and being accustomed to greater abodes with the Angels. How home sick he must have been; the greatest form of homesickness! The duration of this exile was at least 1000 years which ended after his death. The Stature of men were far greater and the duration for which they lived were far longer before:

"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels),
As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.
(Sahih Al Bukahri 4:55:543)

How he wept!
Abdul Rahman Ibn Amru AL Awza iy said that Adam spent 100 years in Paradise. In another narration it was said he spent 60 years. Ibn Asaker reported that Adam wept for 60 years for his loss of Paradise and 70 years for his mistake, and he wept for another 70 years when his son was killed.

6) The Prophets are Sinless; see post #34 on this thread.: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...hethood-3.html

7) Remember Adam(AS) for one of the greatest act ever performed by men, tawba/repentance.

Surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.
—Quran , Sura 02 (Al-Baqara), ayah 222[5]

Anas ibn Malik narrates: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than anyone of you is pleased with finding his camel which he had lost in the desert."
—Sahih al-Bukhari, 8:75:321

Conditions of a Sincere Repentance:
-The conditions for repentance are well known:
-Leaving the sin;
-Remorse over having committed the sin;
-Resolve never to return to the sin;
(If it relates to the rights of another person, then to) Return the rights or property one wrongly took. [al-Bariqa fi Sharh al-Tariqa; Riyad al-Salihin]
[b]

8)This life is a wonderful opportunity and one too short to waste brooding over the decree. Ali(RA) once said "this life is but a dream from which you awake after death"; he was trying to make a parable that the eternal life which comes after this one will make this life appear as if it was a dream. It's actually less then that. Even in the next life there will come a time where we completely forget this life paying no importance to it like one forgets a dream or a nightmare. The Believer pleasure of the believer is the Pleasure of Allah Almighty. Here is an example from the story of a Sahabah of how much one should love Allah Most High:
http://storiesofthesahabah.tumblr.co...470/abdullahra

MustafaMc
02-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Adam and Eve is just a story. You can't take it literally.
I agree with Brother greenhill in disagreeing with this statement.

MustafaMc
02-12-2014, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
From Jami' At-Tirmidhi, Book of Al-Qadar, Hadith #2134:

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet(S.A.W) said:
"Adam and Musa argued, Musa said: "O Adam! You are the one that Allah created with His Hand, and blew into you of His Spirit, and you misled the people and caused them to be expelled from Paradise.' So Adam said: 'You are Musa, the one Allah selected with His Speech! Are you blaming me for something I did which Allah had decreed for me, before creating the heavens and the earth?'" He said: " So Adam confuted Musa." (Sahih)
As also posted by Brothers Muhammad and Sur, this hadith is what came to my mind upon reading the opening post.

Karl
02-13-2014, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I agree with Brother greenhill in disagreeing with this statement.
You are a scientist. If Adam and Eve are the mother and father of everybody then why are there so many different genetic differences in different people? Why is incest a sin if we are all from incest?

God and Gods are universal but the Adam and Eve story was restricted to a very small area. It is a Bible story, a myth or legend. Allah made all life from "Adam" meaning earth. The black clay or carbon as the Greeks would call it. All life on this planet is carbon based. The ancients believed that everything on this world was made from the four elements of earth, fire, water and air. Life has the fifth element, a soul. Scientifically speaking this is very crude and simplistic but it is a beginning to understanding.

Scimitar
02-13-2014, 11:26 PM
yes its wrong to hate Adam and Eve, most people just assume that they got thrown out of heaven because they ate from the tree. That's absolutely wrong.

The truth, to anyone who actually contemplates the account, quickly realises that Adam and Eve were destined to be sent to earth in order to populate it and the angels during the creation of Adam were aware of this, so was Iblees.

Allah the Almighty revealed:
"Remember when your Lord said to the angels: 'Verily, I am going to place
mankind generations after generations on earth.' They said: 'Will You place
therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, while we glorify
You with praises and thanks (exalted be You above all that they associate with
You as partners) and sanctify You.' Allah said: 'I know that which you do not
know.'

So, it would be wrong to hate predestiny. Adam and Eve were predestined to live and die on earth, further - to populate it, of which, you were/are also part of a plan.

Cool isn't it? Why the hate?

Scimi

Muhammad
02-13-2014, 11:36 PM

brother Karl,

Describing the story of Adam and Hawwa as being merely a myth is denying explicit verses of the Qur'an, hadeeth, and the consensus of Muslim scholars. Please read the following article which gives many evidences that Allaah

created Adam

directly and explains how there is a methodology in understanding the divine texts: http://www.islam21c.com/theology/212...man-evolution/

Another key principle that must be established when dealing with scripture is the inter-contextualisation of the entire divine text – in order to correctly interpret the Qur’an and ahadith we must approach them, not as solitary verses, but as one coherent and homogeneous unit that affords a holistic interpretation, and not an interpretation based on preconceived ideas that singles out isolated verses so as to misconstrue them. Indeed, to approach the divine scriptures having already decided the matter is an insincere attempt to justify one’s belief, and to approach them enquiring into what Allah has ordained, in an open an unbiased way, is to demonstrate the sincere intention to receive guidance.
The Qur’an clearly states that Adam was created by Allah, and with His own hands, “He said, ‘Iblis, what prevented you prostrating to what I created with My own two hands?”[4] In addition, the famous Companion, Abdullah ibn Umar, said, “Allah created four things with His hand: the Throne, the Pen, the Garden of Eden and Adam. To the rest of His creation He said, ‘Be!’ and it was.”[5] This narration clearly shows that the Companions believed that these four things, Adam included, were created in a way different to other animals and creatures. The authenticated ahadith furnish us with further examples that leave no doubt whatsoever that this was an actual act performed by Allah. For example, the Messenger of Allah said that on the Last Day, mankind would go from Prophet to Prophet requesting intercession; they would go to Adam and say, “You are the father of mankind, Allah created you with His hands, had the angels prostrate to you, and taught you the names of all things.”[6] If Adam was created from a ‘despised drop’ and like all other human beings, then what is the point of singling him out as being created by Allah’s hands?
The Qur’an informs us that Allah “taught Adam the names of all things”[8] and so, we resolutely know that Allah engaged Adam directly. Allah also says,

“O mankind! Be mindful of your Lord who created you from a single soul and created its mate from it and then disseminated many men and women from the two of them.”[9]

“It is He who created you from a single soul and made from him his spouse so that he might find repose in her.”[10]

“O mankind! We created you from a male and female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other.”[11]
There are countless texts that can be analysed, but to do so would make this article voluminous. However, even light analysis of the Qur’an and Sunnah makes it exceedingly evident that such heretical beliefs have no place within Islamic thought – the Companions and early Muslims all understood the manner in which Adam was created by Allah and it is preposterous to claim that Allah revealed scripture that was misunderstood by all of the aforementioned, yet the Most High did not rectify their misreading!
Is the creation of Adam a scientific or religious matter?

In reality, there is no disparity between religious creed and science, and if there seems to be so, it inevitably implies that there has been some form of misunderstanding, either in terms of our religious or scientific knowledge. However, a decisive part of being Muslim is to acknowledge that the information related by way of the Qur’an and Sunnah entails certainty, whereas any other knowledge that we acquire is prone to human error. Thus, if the scriptures posit anything related to science and the overwhelming majority of scholars affirm its meaning, then we have to believe in it accordingly as such knowledge is fact-based and not merely human perception. The Qur’an and Sunnah address various disciplines such as science, history, geography, anthropology, politics and others. Whatever is mentioned there should be adopted as an aspect of our faith, “they say: we believe in it, all of it is from our Lord.”[15] Failing to do so suggests either one’s negation of more than half of the Qur’an, or accepting a text which is essentially devoid of meaning as it ends up meaning anything we desire it to, and this is how many of the obdurate fall into disbelief. For example, it has been repeatedly argued that the Qur’an is not a book of history, and so, the heretics argue that we are not obligated to believe historical details which Allah has revealed. Of course, the Qur’an is not a book of many things, but that is not to suggest that various topics are touched upon. Indeed, Allah says,

“There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, and then to their Lord they (all) shall be gathered.”[16]

MustafaMc
02-13-2014, 11:48 PM
If Adam and Eve are the mother and father of everybody then why are there so many different genetic differences in different people?
I do not know the details for how the genetic variation among humans came about. For one thing we know that Allah (swt) is the author of the genetic code and we can assume that Allah (swt) built in the means for variation and differences among individuals, else we would all be clones to look, think and act exactly the same. There are many different genes and for each gene there are multiple alleles that each confer a slightly different effect. It would make sense that Adam would be heterozygous (2 different alleles). I am not sure for how Eve was created, but perhaps she was heterozygous for all genes, but with a different set of alleles for each gene. If this had been the case then there would be 4 alleles for each gene between Adam and Eve.

Over time genetic changes come about through mutations, but interestingly nearly almost mutations are deleterious. Fortunately, these mutation are also recessive - meaning they are not expressed in heterozygous condition. Also, fortunately, mutations are quite rare - except among relatives of individuals who are carriers of the gene. Matings among closely related people have a much greater chance of giving rise to offspring who have genetic birth defects than matings among unrelated people. Allah (swt) knows best, but these are some thoughts from a scientific perspective.

Karl
02-14-2014, 12:01 AM
If the Adam and Eve story is absolute fact, I can only believe that either a) the definition of "mankind" refers to a very small regional group in the Holy Lands or b) there were many Adams and Eves around the world to insure huge physical differences among the vast number of races.

syed_z
02-14-2014, 05:21 AM
The only thing that comes to my mind is this tradition of the Prophet (saw) that explains why mankind is divided in to different types and races...

Sayyidina Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “Indeed, Allah created Adam (AS) from a fistful (of dust) which he took from all over the earth. Thus, there are among them (children of Adam), the red (coloured), the white, the black and those between these (colours) and the mild and the rugged, and the evil and the good.”

The different races or different physical features and colours I believe have stemmed really from the descendants of Noah (a.s) and not from the direct descendants of Adam (a.s)...Allah (swt) knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!