/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Love Marriage permissible in Islam?

owais652010
11-30-2013, 07:32 AM
Assalamoalaikum brothers and sisters. What if I do not marry someone's daughter and they curse me saying, "May you not advance in age!" Will their curse come into effect? Will I live a short- life? I've heard that the one who breaks his blood relationship and causes enmity between the two parties get his life reduce by 30 years ( I am not sure but Qur'an says so somewhere) while the one who does the converse of what is said gets his life increased by 30 years. Tell me what if I do not marry someone's daughter and they put an end to the relationship with our family, will I get my life reduced by 30 years. Is Love Marriage allowed in Islam?
Please reply! Any reply would be appreciated. Assalamoalaikum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

There is no prohibition for Muslims to marry someone by their own choice. Arranged marriage actually is cultural. All Muslims who I know in Indonesia getting married by their own choice. Some of them married someone who proposed by their families, but decision to accept or not accept is on themselves, not on families who propose it.

It's not true if you refuse to marry someone's daughter then your life reduced 30 years.

owais652010
12-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Jazakallah-khair for replying to my question, brother! I never said that refusal to marry someone's daughter gets your life reduced by 30 years. To be more specific, my extension to the question was that what if my refusal to marry their daughter results in blood relationships getting hurt, will then my life be reduced by 30 years? As far as I've heard from my Islamic teacher, the Qur'an somewhere says that if one breaks his blood relationships then he has his life cut by 30 years. What if they break our relationship on this issue, will I get my life reduced? Assalamoalikum.

Signor
12-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Waalikum Assalaam

http://islam1.org/khutub/Cutting_off_Relatives.htm

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religiou...ri/073-sbt.php

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-01-2013, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by owais652010
To be more specific, my extension to the question was that what if my refusal to marry their daughter results in blood relationships getting hurt,
One girl ever had interest to marry me, but I ignored her. It made her feel ashamed, annoyed, and later she never greet me again when we accidentally met.

There was another girl who had interest to marry me too. I ignored her too, but she understood it. Our relationship still good, she still greet me when we accidentally met, even we congratulate each other when we finally married other people.

Look the difference between these two cases. In first case, my relationship with first girl be broken. It because she decided to break this relationship. In second case, the second girl decided to not break our good relationship.

Bro, if you refuse to marry someone, it does not automatically break your relationship with her family. The relationship will be broken or still good, it's depend on them, not you.

So bro, if your blood relationship with your relative then be broken because you refuse to marry their daughter, it's not your fault.

owais652010
12-02-2013, 06:34 PM
A huge thanks to all of ya! You put down my confusion and help me get rid out of this quick-sand-like subject which never missed a chance to get me in. To be honest, you've put off a great burden from my heart. May Allah bless you all! Assalamoalaikum!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!