/* */

PDA

View Full Version : German President Praises Islamic Theology

glo
11-30-2013, 05:17 PM
German President Joachim Gauck has praised the Muslim community as a part of the German society, asserting Germany as a common land for all its citizens.
http://www.onislam.net/english/news/...-theology.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdullah101
12-01-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm actually 100% German.
I find it surprising that an ex-Lutheran pastor would praise Islamic Theology; but then again, anyone can find the truth if they look for it.

What the article says about how Germans view Muslims is completely false... All of my family originates from the Schwabenland and I know they treat people with equality there. But then again, the Schwabisch and Bayern are extremely hardy and friendly people. I haven't got a clue how it is in the north, though. My Grandmother lives in Bayern and speaks a strong Hochdeutsch accent, but the rest of us speak with a Schwabisch accent. (Example: hash cola vs hast du geld?) (hash cola is "Do you have money?" with a Schwabisch accent, and "hast du geld?" is the proper German for do you have money?)

Schwabisch is such a unique accent. If you don't speak it, you won't know what we say (you can't google random Schwabisch accented German)

Eric H
12-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Greetings and peace be with you glo, thanks for sharing;

It seems that German President Joachim Gauck is trying to find ways for everyone to live in harmony together, and embracing diversity at the same time.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!