/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I marry again? (please read full post first)

InshAllahOneDay
12-01-2013, 06:06 PM
BISMILLAH IR-RAHMAN IR-RAHIM
Salaam,

I am a young sister from the UK who has not been married for very long, This is a very brief description of what has happened and any views would be appreciated as I live away from home with my husband and do not have anyone to talk to. Please read the full post and reply, thank you.

Me and my husband have had some financial difficulties and he was not able to sort them, we are in a lot of debt and it has affected him greatly that he has not been able to look after us, his family. He went away to a different city to work to try and gain money leaving me here at home. He returned once and we were both very stressed and had a major argument. He left again this time taking all his things (clothes etc.) with him, and only contacted me the day after and told me that even after working all that time he spent the money elsewhere and we were still broke.
When I tried to speak to him after that he told me he is done with everything because he has never been this low in life and wants to run away. I have not paid my rent for the past month and am going to get chucked out soon. He does not even pick up my calls or answer to any texts or anything at all anymore. So I don't want you to say, wait and see what will happen and that he might come back because I know he won't and I know that my marriage is over.

Instead I would like you to tell me if in the future I would be able to marry again.
I have been doing an awful lot of praying and dhikr as one should in such times and I feel the conclusion I have come to is that I need to move on with my life. I can't sit here and wait for something that will never happen because I am nearly homeless.
Obviously I'm not just going to jump straight into another marriage, but i just want to know if I would be able to get married again because I am only married in Islamic law, not UK law, but if we don't have an Islamic divorce does this mean i will never be able to marry again..? surely not?

Any help would be appreciated
From a struggling sister JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
12-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Sister, it is best you asked a shaykh this question as it is something that requires knowledge to advise on. However, I think it would be best for you to contact him and try your best to get him to give you a divorce rather than just leaving you in the lurch by running away without clarity.

Ali_008
12-02-2013, 03:59 AM
:wa:

You're still married to this man, and hence, you can only remarry once you've had your divorce and observed your iddat. That is the general principle. However, in your case, there is the element of abandonment. Like bro Alpha said, you need the help of a scholar to find out whether your marriage is over or if it would still need a signed document to confirm it, and also whether your iddat can be calculated from the day he left you. And Allah knows best.

mahdi92
12-02-2013, 11:14 AM
hi
i try to reply this into page
but sorryle a massage say to me that i can't reply

my sister
ali is trust

You're still married to this man, and hence, you can only remarry once you've had your divorce and observed your iddat. That is the general principle. However, in your case, there is the element of abandonment. Like bro Alpha said, you need the help of a scholar to find out whether your marriage is over or if it would still need a signed document to confirm it, and also whether your iddat can be calculated from the day he left you. And Allah knows best.
but one thing else that Islam's answer this:
you should first take every ways to make he trust with you<br>surely this habbit is becouse things that make dissatisfied he
you should find that things and solve the problems
surly you are happy in ypur pretty life
but first you should pulling hard a while.

excuse me if i can't write english well !!!

fi-aman-el-lah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
12-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't think you will find anyone qualified to give you the answer here, try getting in touch with the masjid. But generally speaking you will be able to get married again, I don't think there is ever a situation where a person can not get married again however there is just some rules and procedures you have to go through I am guessing in order to be reach the point where you're allowed to get married again. The masjid will be able to advise you what are the rulings that apply to this situation and what the steps out of this marriage are if you do not want to be in it anymore. But don't worry there is all ways a way out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!