/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Difference?

Abdullah101
12-02-2013, 01:57 AM
I've made this post because I would like to know the general opinion of IB

It's a hypothetical question, If you would come across a person that knows absolutely nothing about Christianity, or Islam, how would you explain what God is, and how the Islamic view of God is different than the Christian view.

The god that Christians worship, is the same of Muslims, they just have a corrupted and twisted view of Him. So how would you explain the Muslim view of god versus a Christian view to someone that has absolutely 0 knowledge of either religion?

I'm interested to see what you guys think (I already know the answer)

Thanks for the responses (if any)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
12-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Sorry you have had no respenses, I'll try my best

1. In Islam God (Allah in Arabic) is the one sole creator/being who created everything on earth and how it works; from how the body works to the laws of nature and the universe outside earth.

2. In Christianity the concept is the same except Christians believe God came down to earth in human form to lead the people to God/himself. Islam views Jesus as a prophet of God, Christianity views Jesus as God himself in human form.

greenhill
12-20-2013, 06:31 AM
In studying the Books I have found the following 'differences' between them.

This is my opinion.

The Psalms is about praising of the Lord (Allah)
The Torah was about the human 'mechanics' encapsulated by 'do unto others what you expect others to do unto you'
The Bible taught forgiveness (to turn the other cheek)
The Qur'an taught us to live in a community (encapsulated by the taking care of widows and orphans), hence becoming a caring society by protecting the weak.

All these messages came in stages to complement human mental development according to the times.

Peace :shade:

muslimah bird
12-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Christianity believes that there are 3 Gods - Father ,Son and Holy Ghost but they are called together as One god though they are 3 mental pictures.In Islam, Allah is the One and Only God and is perfect in the sense that no one shares his attribute. He does not beget and is not begotten .Also He is Eternal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
12-20-2013, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah101
If you would come across a person that knows absolutely nothing about Christianity, or Islam, how would you explain what God is, and how the Islamic view of God is different than the Christian view.

The god that Christians worship, is the same of Muslims, they just have a corrupted and twisted view of Him. So how would you explain the Muslim view of god versus a Christian view to someone that has absolutely 0 knowledge of either religion?
I wouldn't.

If someone knows nothing about either, then our responsibility is to convey the message of Islam to them. We don't need to tell them about other religions.

The only belief you need to show them is untrue, is their current one. There is no need to tell them about other wrong religions, unless they bring it up themselves. When Rasoolullah :saws: brought the pagans to Islam, he didn't say to them, well this is what Christians believe about God, this is what Jews believe, this is what Magians believe, and this is what Islam says. He :saws: simply told them about Islam, and showed in the light of that how their beliefs were wrong.

I would tell them about Allah (just some starting points):
  • There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He alone is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.
  • He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.
  • He is eternal and does not die. He is the One who gives us life and causes us death.
  • He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.
  • There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.
  • He did not and does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.
  • He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity (3 persons to 1 God). There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either.
  • There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense, and in every sense of the word "One".

muslimah bird
12-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Very interesting thing is that the word trinity is mentioned in Quran but not in the bibleThey do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. (5:73)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!