/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hull Mosque Imam Beaten & Injured (Request for Duas & Support)

Prayer4life
12-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Its come to our attention that an Imam in the UK in Hull has been attacked on his way home with family, he has severe eye injuries, the police have labelled this as a 'racist attack' instead of an islamophobic attack, please show your support by sending messages via their website or in person and make sure that the local police help deliver justice to this Imam and his family in this very difficult time and for the police and media to recognise that this was indeed a hate crime against muslims and not to allow the thugs to get away with such abhorrent crimes or others in future. Jzk.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
:thumbs_do To kind of hate crimes! May Allah helps him to recover soon.

greenhill
12-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Sad.

May he recover well. I don't understand why a person would do that unprovoked?

sister herb
12-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Enough provocation to someones is just to be a muslim (or different color of skin or strange accent in your speech or what ever). :raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM
May Allah protect all Muslims. Ameen. Muslims are now endangered due to all the hate going around. May Allah send His help. Ameen.

glo
12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
I have done a fairly extensive search to find out more about this story, but cannot find anything in any of the online news reports. (Plenty of attacks on mosques and Muslims in general, of course - but nothing specific about the imam in Hull)
Can anybody tell me how recently this happened? I am suggesting that this isn't a real story, but it doesn't seem to be a recent one (unless it is so recent that it hasn't made it into the news yet)

Nothing on the Hull Mosque Islamic Centre website or Facebook site either ... but it looks like a cool place! :)

Prayer4life
12-04-2013, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Can anybody tell me how recently this happened? I am suggesting that this isn't a real story, but it doesn't seem to be a recent one (unless it is so recent that it hasn't made it into the news yet)

Nothing on the Hull Mosque Islamic Centre website or Facebook site either ... but it looks like a cool place! :)
It happened a few days ago and the family themselves have informed close loved ones and friends of the incident, there's on going investigations by police. I have noticed the lack of media reports myself, but since this crime is still being investigated this may be a reason why and this is not made up.

glo
12-04-2013, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Prayer4life
It happened a few days ago and the family themselves have informed close loved ones and friends of the incident, there's on going investigations by police. I have noticed the lack of media reports myself, but since this crime is still being investigated this may be a reason why and this is not made up.
That is indeed sad.

Thank you for sharing the story. My thoughts and prayers are with the imam, his family and all affected.
Please keep us updated.

SA1998
12-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Salam and greetings to everyone, As regards this Imam (Hafiz Salih), the news is unfortunately true. He is a person with a special meaning in my personal life as he performed my Nikkah ceremony. The news hasn't been publicised as such for two reasons - 1 because it's so fresh and 2 to prevent any further reactions. I myself only learned of this recently and couldn't eat thereafter. The details are as follow:
Imam Salih exited the masjid following Isha (nigh prayer), upon driving off, he noticed someone lying on the road further down and to cut the account, he got out with the wife and daughter still in the vehicle and two individuals jumped him from behind and the chap he intended to help also got up and they began the onslaught. They did so, so hard, that his eye dislodged but he somehow managed to make it back holding his eye in and drove his wife/daughter back home. Upon arrival, his son in-law took hold of the situ with the emergency services. This is really terrible, Imam Salih is thoroughly involved in the community at large, in Hull, across the board including interfaith. He has exceptional relations with fellow citizens of religion or not. Everyone, from the communities have immense respect for Imam Salih who is committed to harmony, co-existence, tolerance and all the values that bring all of us together in Humanity. His home phone has a permanent voicemail thanking people for calling. I have no intention of circulating it and will urge everyone to send messages of support and prayers to the masjid (mosque) and Hull City Council via hatecrime&tension@hullcc.gov.uk. I hope this clarifies the lack of information and that it's true

greenhill
12-05-2013, 12:48 AM
From the above narration by br. SA1998, it would appear that it was not a targeted attack but a random act that was 'staged' to lure unsuspecting victims.

Muhammad
12-05-2013, 01:06 AM
:wasalamex

May Allaah :swt: protect the Imam and his family, grant him a swift recovery and make him stronger than before, Aameen.

Prayer4life
12-05-2013, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
From the above narration by br. SA1998, it would appear that it was not a targeted attack but a random act that was 'staged' to lure unsuspecting victims.
We will know more once the investigations have been completed, but not sure I agree with this being a random attack. There have been fascist marches within the city lately and lots of police presence which a few years back was virtually unheard of.

faithandpeace
12-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Subhanallah. May Allah (swt) help this imam recover quickly and reward him for his suffering and good intentions. May Allah (swt) help his family, friends, and others close to him have sabr to get through this trial. May Allah (swt) punish the wrongdoers or guide them if it is His will. Ameen.

glo
12-05-2013, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SA1998
The news hasn't been publicised as such for two reasons - 1 because it's so fresh and 2 to prevent any further reactions. I myself only learned of this recently and couldn't eat thereafter. The details are as follow:
Thank you for sharing the account of what happened. That must have been a truly terrifying experience for Imam Hafiz Salih and his family! I wish them all inner peace and strength, and a full recovery to the imam.

When we had an attack on one of our mosques last summer it brought not only the Muslim community but also the interfaith community together. People stood united up against such attacks and it sent a strong message.

I pray and trust that this incident will lead to strong solidarity and mutual respect for each other in Hull. And I hope that there will be no negative reactions or retaliations.

My best wishes to the Hull Mosque and Islamic Centre.

SA1998
12-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Salam all,

As I'm a new member and it was late - I literally put sa1998 as my username! My name is Ahmed and I am from Nottingham, England. I wrote what I did pretty fast so excuse if it didn't read properly. Thanks to all for coming back (I feel really welcome and now part of the crowd :-). Thank you Glo for the generous words and, yes, it is about the inner strength and with all the support he has, as yourself I hope for his recovery. Lets hope there is no irresponsible action as result and everyone remains united. He has had two operations on his eye to date - one yesterday, they are up against it trying to save his sight so pls keep him in mind with prayers and best wishes. The Police are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to close the loop.

Ahmed.

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you for sharing the account of what happened. That must have been a truly terrifying experience for Imam Hafiz Salih and his family! I wish them all inner peace and strength, and a full recovery to the imam.

When we had an attack on one of our mosques last summer it brought not only the Muslim community but also the interfaith community together. People stood united up against such attacks and it sent a strong message.

I pray and trust that this incident will lead to strong solidarity and mutual respect for each other in Hull. And I hope that there will be no negative reactions or retaliations.

My best wishes to the Hull Mosque and Islamic Centre.

Prayer4life
12-05-2013, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SA1998
Salam all,

As I'm a new member and it was late - I literally put sa1998 as my username! My name is Ahmed and I am from Nottingham, England. I wrote what I did pretty fast so excuse if it didn't read properly. Thanks to all for coming back (I feel really welcome and now part of the crowd :-). Thank you Glo for the generous words and, yes, it is about the inner strength and with all the support he has, as yourself I hope for his recovery. Lets hope there is no irresponsible action as result and everyone remains united. He has had two operations on his eye to date - one yesterday, they are up against it trying to save his sight so pls keep him in mind with prayers and best wishes. The Police are doing a lot of work behind the scenes to close the loop.

Ahmed.
Jazakallah khair brother, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter. And I also hope that all the communities unite to rid the city and country of all hatred and a swift recovery for the Imam inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!