/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

AsheSkyler
12-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Howdy!

I'm from Alabama, and, no surprise, was raised Christian. My beliefs have changed and philosophically I mostly identify as Taoist while believing in a God. I'll admit, I never even heard of Islam before the whole modern crusade thing started ten years ago when I was a kid. Now I'm an adult and I've developed a fondness of studying other faiths. I like to see what makes us the same (we all agree killing and stealing is bad and that you should be nice to people), and I like to see what makes us different and why. So if any of you don't mind, I have some questions that I will likely post in the "Discover Islam" area. I would go ask the local Muslims these things, but the only mosque I've ever seen was in California. Given the current state of affairs, I think it's safer for the homosexual people to openly walk the street here than it is for Muslims. I wouldn't be surprised if Muslims in my state are hiding until people come to their senses. And some things I'm not comfortable scouring the internet for because I don't know what was posted by a real Muslim and what posted by those trying to discredit the religion.

That stuff aside, I'm happily married and have a year old son. I'm an artist for pleasure and an accountant for money. I love to draw, but it doesn't pay all of the bills yet! I enjoy working with my hands in general. I like to crochet, cook, build models, quill, and experiment with other hobbies and crafts. I've made a few toys for my son. They don't hurt as much when chunked at your head like those little plastic toys.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Peace with you

And welcome to forum. I hope you will find this informative place and feel like home. :statisfie

AsheSkyler
12-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Thankie!

Hrm, a quick question that I think is okay to post here: Would it be considered polite or rude for me to say "peace with you" when I reply to people here?

sister herb
12-05-2013, 07:51 AM
I don´t see nothing bad by it. Muslims greet each others as saying like "salam alaykum" which meaning is like "peace with you" or "peace upon you". You can greet others of course by any polite way you like.

So peace with you, my sister in humanity and peace. :thankyou:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
12-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Nice introduction. Hope you will find the site useful to you and that you will have a good stay.

Peace :shade:

Muslim Woman
12-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Hello

welcome here.

Pl.browse the forum and feel free to ask about Islam in relaed threads .

AsheSkyler
12-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks, guys. And peace upon y'all. =)

muslimah bird
12-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the board ,sister Ashkyler . Hope you have a beneficial stay

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!