/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua E Noor

Shasid
12-14-2013, 09:21 PM
:sl:
I read/recite Dua E Noor Everyday, and I said it to my friend that I do it everyday.
Now he is asking me if it's authenthic or if there is a hadith explaining something about Dua E Noor.

Is there a hadith, something about Dua E Noor? I don't have any doubt but I want to answer my friend.

If someone, somehow can tell me if there is a hadith and tell me it's authenticy.

Jazakallah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-15-2013, 11:34 AM
:wasalam:

Not sure which du'a you are reading, but this is what is mentioned in a couple of saheeh ahadeeth (the words of the du'a being in red):

حَدَّثَنَا وَاصِلُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الأَعْلَى، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ فُضَيْلٍ، عَنْ حُصَيْنِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، عَنْ حَبِيبِ بْنِ أَبِي ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، أَنَّهُ رَقَدَ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَاسْتَيْقَظَ فَتَسَوَّكَ وَتَوَضَّأَ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏{‏ إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلاَفِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ لآيَاتٍ لأُولِي الأَلْبَابِ‏}‏ فَقَرَأَ هَؤُلاَءِ الآيَاتِ حَتَّى خَتَمَ السُّورَةَ ثُمَّ قَامَ فَصَلَّى رَكْعَتَيْنِ فَأَطَالَ فِيهِمَا الْقِيَامَ وَالرُّكُوعَ وَالسُّجُودَ ثُمَّ انْصَرَفَ فَنَامَ حَتَّى نَفَخَ ثُمَّ فَعَلَ ذَلِكَ ثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ سِتَّ رَكَعَاتٍ كُلَّ ذَلِكَ يَسْتَاكُ وَيَتَوَضَّأُ وَيَقْرَأُ هَؤُلاَءِ الآيَاتِ ثُمَّ أَوْتَرَ بِثَلاَثٍ فَأَذَّنَ الْمُؤَذِّنُ فَخَرَجَ إِلَى الصَّلاَةِ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ فِي قَلْبِي نُورًا وَفِي لِسَانِي نُورًا وَاجْعَلْ فِي سَمْعِي نُورًا وَاجْعَلْ فِي بَصَرِي نُورًا وَاجْعَلْ مِنْ خَلْفِي نُورًا وَمِنْ أَمَامِي نُورًا وَاجْعَلْ مِنْ فَوْقِي نُورًا وَمِنْ تَحْتِي نُورًا ‏.‏ اللَّهُمَّ أَعْطِنِي نُورًا
'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported:
He spent (one night) in the house of the Messenger of Allah :saws:. He (the Holy Prophet) got up, brushed his teeth and performed ablution and said:" In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, there are indeed signs for people of understanding" (al-Qur'an, iii. 190), to the end of the Surah. He then stood up and prayed two rak'ahs, standing, bowing and prostrating himself at length in them. Then he finished, went to sleep and snored. He did that three times, six rak'ahs altogether, each time cleaning his teeth, performing ablution, and reciting these verses. Then he observed three rak'ahs of Witr. The Mu'adhdhin then pronounced the Adhan and he went out for prayer and was saying,:" O Allah, place light in my heart, light in my tongue, place light in my hearing, place light in my eyesight, place light behind me, and light in front of me, and place light above me, and light below me. O Allah! grant me light."

Reference: Sahih Muslim 763 l
In-book reference : Book 6, Hadith 227
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 4, Hadith 1682
(deprecated numbering scheme)

http://www.sunnah.com/muslim/6/227

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عِيسَى، حَدَّثَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، أَخْبَرَنَا حُصَيْنٌ، عَنْ حَبِيبِ بْنِ أَبِي ثَابِتٍ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا عُثْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ فُضَيْلٍ، عَنْ حُصَيْنٍ، عَنْ حَبِيبِ بْنِ أَبِي ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ، ‏:‏ أَنَّهُ رَقَدَ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَرَآهُ اسْتَيْقَظَ فَتَسَوَّكَ وَتَوَضَّأَ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏:‏ ‏{‏ إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ ‏}‏ حَتَّى خَتَمَ السُّورَةَ، ثُمَّ قَامَ فَصَلَّى رَكْعَتَيْنِ أَطَالَ فِيهِمَا الْقِيَامَ وَالرُّكُوعَ وَالسُّجُودَ، ثُمَّ إِنَّهُ انْصَرَفَ فَنَامَ حَتَّى نَفَخَ، ثُمَّ فَعَلَ ذَلِكَ ثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ بِسِتِّ رَكَعَاتٍ، كُلُّ ذَلِكَ يَسْتَاكُ ثُمَّ يَتَوَضَّأُ وَيَقْرَأُ هَؤُلاَءِ الآيَاتِ، ثُمَّ أَوْتَرَ - قَالَ عُثْمَانُ ‏:‏ بِثَلاَثِ رَكَعَاتٍ، فَأَتَاهُ الْمُؤَذِّنُ فَخَرَجَ إِلَى الصَّلاَةِ - وَقَالَ ابْنُ عِيسَى ‏:‏ ثُمَّ أَوْتَرَ فَأَتَاهُ بِلاَلٌ فَآذَنَهُ بِالصَّلاَةِ حِينَ طَلَعَ الْفَجْرُ، فَصَلَّى رَكْعَتَىِ الْفَجْرِ ثُمَّ خَرَجَ إِلَى الصَّلاَةِ - ثُمَّ اتَّفَقَا - وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏:‏ ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ فِي قَلْبِي نُورًا، وَاجْعَلْ فِي لِسَانِي نُورًا، وَاجْعَلْ فِي سَمْعِي نُورًا، وَاجْعَلْ فِي بَصَرِي نُورًا، وَاجْعَلْ خَلْفِي نُورًا، وَأَمَامِي نُورًا، وَاجْعَلْ مِنْ فَوْقِي نُورًا، وَمِنْ تَحْتِي نُورًا، اللَّهُمَّ وَأَعْظِمْ لِي نُورًا ‏"‏ .‏‏

Abd Allah b. 'Abbas said that he slept in the house of the Prophet :saws:. He saw that he (the Prophet) awoke, used tooth-stick, performed ablution, and recited:
"In the creation of the heavens and earth" [3:190] to the end of the surah. Then he stood up and prayed two rak'ahs in which he prolonged the standing, bowing, and prostrations. He then turned away and slept till he bagan to snore. This he did three times. This made six rak'ahs in all. He would use tooth-stick, then perform ablution, and recite those verses. He then observed the witr prayer. The version of 'Uthman has: with three rak'ahs. The mu'adhdhin then came to him and he went out for prayer. The version of Ibn 'Isa adds: He then observed witr prayer ; then Bilal came to him and called him for prayer when the dawn broke. He then prayed the two rak'ahs of the dawn prayer. He then went out for prayer. Then both the narrators were agreed: He began to supplicate saying: O Allah, place light in my heart, light in my tongue, light in my hearing, light in my eyesight, light on my right hand, light on my left hand, light in front of me, light behind me, light below me, O Allah, give me abundant light.

Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 1353
In-book reference : Book 5, Hadith 104
English translation : Book 5, Hadith 1348

http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/5/104

There is also a slightly different version in Sahih Muslim here: http://www.sunnah.com/muslim/6/225

In the du'a book, Hisnul Muslim (Fortress of the Muslim or Fortification of the Muslim), it is mentioned under the heading, "Going to the mosque".

There may also be other versions, Allahu a'lam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!