/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Place of Women In Islam

MomenaMinhas
12-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Women are half of the human population. They are the vital and integral part of the society and are the cause of every being present in the society. They are present in the role of mother, sister, daughter or wife and their contribution is life cannot by ignored. Her nature is complete blessing, those who do not consider it a blessing fail to determine their status in the community and have also disputed about her role.

In the pre-historic period, daughter were buried alive. However, Islam condemned such type of crime in strong words. Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) also defined it as a great virtue for looking after the daughters. Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said that:

“He who has two daughters and takes care of them in a befitting manner, he and I will be in paradise like this”.

In the last Sermon, Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H has drawn attention to the rights of woman and to the social etiquettes that are associated with her. Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) tells us the rights of wife on husband. In the pre-historic days of ignorance, husbands used to treat their wife in a harsh and bad manner.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
This is something that troubles me.

When I ponder into this matter, and it is only because of my attention being drawn to it which would otherwise be a non topic to me. A non topic, I repeat. Man, woman. They are different. They are necessary for one another. Nut and bolt could not function without each other. Which is more important? Which does the crucial role? Which has to be stronger? But when the correct nut is secured to the correct bolt, the bond is as good as tightness of fit. The pair will function.

When a value has to be incorporated to the deeds of the pair to see who who ranked where, you start to try to put elements of competition, pride, greed, envy, jealousy and all the whatever else in order to 'better' the other party.

Kind of spoils the simple harmony that would have otherwise be in place and the sad thing is that simple things like this is already infiltrating into other aspects of our lives without us being aware.

Peace :shade:

Kts
11-09-2017, 11:04 PM
@greenhill . What a simple and true response. I do have thoughts on the matter. One being that it is important to note what is currently happening to women and children in Islamic and non-Islamic countries. It is not a perfect fit of nut and bolt as you stated. There are some that take what Allah has sent in the Quraan and twist it for their own advantage, I make dua that Allah gives them what they deserve.

Yusuf Ali: Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.
Chapter 2 verse 79

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!