/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you know Allah has forgiven you? and punishment or the judgement?

Sam.
12-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Aslam o Alaikum,
I want to ask that I committed a greater sin in my life, but every time I committed I repented and asked Allah not to give me chance again. Now finally I have decided to be committed not to do that again and I am successful ALHAMDULILLAH.
Anyway, lately everything seems to be going wrong in my life. I talk to Allah and ask Him to forgive me. I tell him why and how it happened. I don't know Allah is punishing me for what I did or judging me. How do I have come to know?

Do you think He is still punishing me? Is that why my life went from good to bad all of a sudden? I pray and read Quran -I always did even when I was passing through the time I was a great sinner. How do you know when Allah forgives you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum sister. Hopely you will find this place informative.

Hulk
12-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Wa alaykumsalam wrwb

You can trust that Allah will keep His promise of forgiveness, worry more about whether you will keep your promise of repentance.

That said, just because you are going through hardship doesn't necessarily mean you are being punished. The same way that just because you are going through ease doesn't necessarily mean you are being rewarded.

Rasulullah(saw) has taught us that whatever befalls the believer is good for him. When he is going through hardship, he has sabr. And when he is going through ease he has shukr.

Marina-Aisha
12-21-2013, 07:24 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) loves it when people ask Him to forgive their sins. He is overjoyed with their repentance, since He hates to punish anybody. At the slightest excuse He washes people’s sins away. The only condition is that the human being must truly regret in his/her heart that they did what they did. The sinner should be ashamed of their misdeeds, and discontinue committing such sins. If the resolve to avoid the sin is not there then one has not actually repented.

In this hadith, Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) tells us that no matter how many a person’s sins are, should they even reach the sky in heaps, Allah would forgive the sinner if they were to turn to Allah in repentance. In a different hadith, the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) told us that Allah’s bounty is so vast that He would actually convert all the sins into good deeds, should the person truly repent. We should not postpone repenting of our sins and reforming ourselves to when we become old, since nobody knows when they will die.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sam.
12-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Jazakallah Khair to all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!