/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Study?

theoneandonly
12-24-2013, 05:12 PM
I am half way through my third year at university, and have not been able to maintain a B average, its really frustrating because I honestly try hard to get the grades, however it doesn't turn out in my favour. I am currently studying at University of Toronto in Canada, was doing Commerce but did not make it, so decided to do Economics and Math. I am really struggling through this time and want good grades so I can get into the Masters program I need to, and on top of that don't want to let my parents down. My bad for making you read through all this but if theres any suggestions you can give to me whether it be islam based or generally, I would greatly appreciate it. I pray everyday, I know it is not the answer to good marks, but I try to make dua. It hasn't worked to great, in all honestly I don't know what to do.. really stressed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I know there are several dua's for studying, to help you learn, to have better understanding etc. You can look them up.

Getting stressed will not help. I know for maths, practice, practice, practice.

Have a good stay here at the forum.

Peace :shade:

Samiun
12-25-2013, 04:04 AM
:sl: I probably couldn't relate by experience because I have not done my degrees anyway but during my high school years I struggled a lot in my science streams. I didn't know why, I was lazy yes but when it comes to exams I was always focused and determined. For some 'reason' I never managed to do well in my finals years of doing those science subjects. A factor on why I didn't do well could be laziness but before this I had done so well. So what did go wrong? Maybe I was unhappy. I was unhappy with how life in high school turned out, after learning about Islam more I realized that I shouldn't be hanging out with people who frequently uses bad words and have bad manners as it will affect me, so I talked less. It changed, how I communicate with friends changed. Also how I was treated. Anyways, I think the reason or one of the reasons why you couldn't get great marks is because you're perhaps unhappy in university? Find a hobby, and do something you like on the weekends. Or try this method in studying http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...principle.html It personally helped me on my exams alhamdulillah. The reason why Allah hasn't answered your Dua or rather, He already answered your Duas but not just the ones you wanted. The time will come Insha Allah, it's times like this that Allah tests your patience on what you would do in such a situation. It's your choice, but never give up on Allah I'll tell you that. He'll open more doors for you then you'll ever know in the future if just don't give up and keep making Dua.

BeTheChange
12-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Stressing about your exams could be used in a positive way.

The fear of failure should encourage you to revise and practice more. Read Surat Yaseen after Fajar salaah and make a sincere dua afterwards.

Your day will go according to plan Insha Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
12-30-2013, 01:20 PM
i remember reading this along time ago...

The more I study the more I know
The more I know the more I forget
The more I forget the less I know...
So why study...:hiding:

Ha ha... just a joke

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!