/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An interesting concept

Darth Ultor
12-30-2013, 05:13 AM
So I've been watching Dexter lately. That got me wondering what if there was somebody like him in real life? What if there was a killer out there only who went after serial killers and violent murderers? He did all his research to make sure they really committed the crimes. Would you as an average man or woman forgive him? I certainly would. But if he were to get caught, would you want him away for life or executed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Yup, interesting but highly unlikely unless it was 'revenge' related as otherwise, it would have to be someone who had the resources, time on his hands and training. The enforcement agencies being full time on the job cannot solve most cases with the resources available to them, makes it virtually impossible for a stand alone individual to successfully do this task. Only in make believe world can this be a possibility.

The law does have a stand on vigilante acts. I read on occasions where acts with the purest of intentions have ended up badly for the 'do gooder'. Sad. Hardly surprising why most people do not want to offer help these days to strangers... Don't know how I would react if the 'vigilante' was caught. Perhaps root for him. But really, it really depends on how he did his job. I haven't watched the story, by the way.:p

Peace :shade:

muratSul
01-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Dexter's a great show. I recommend you give Homeland a shot too.

I can picture a Dexter fan who tries to be homogeneous and maybe tries to operate in a way similar to how he operated but only in terms of how he killed people. This person wouldn't have ties to a federal branch and this would make being analytic really difficult. This person would probably be a retiree or better yet, self-trained. If he got caught, I doubt he would be executed but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Murdering somebody who murders doesn't justify murder.

Darth Ultor
01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Since Islamic discussions are the main purpose of this site, can somebody find me a verse from the Quran or Hadith on vigilante justice? Is it allowed if it's to stop somebody from committing more murders or is killing the murderer considered murder? The vigilante wouldn't hold him prisoner and kill him while he was tied up but shoot him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
01-01-2014, 02:15 PM
If we were to take a look at the penalty of stealing is to have the person's hand chopped off, the OT's law of an 'eye for an eye' pretty much sums it up. It is the human laws which has recently appeared that has convoluted the process of seeking justice via the laws of the Book.

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!