/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New and Ready to Learn

Dalmo
01-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Hi all! I'm Dalmo, and I'm new here.

I've read the Qur'an before and am reading it again, meditating on its verses.

I'm very interested in learning/discovering/exploring the meaning behind the words (spiritual, historical, cultural meaning).

I'm hoping to find like-minded people who are experienced with the holy text or fellow learners to share their thoughts. Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Hello Dalmo

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Dalmo
01-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks! Any recommendations of places to start?

ardianto
01-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Just browse the forum. There are many threads which you can choose to start write a post, or you can make a new thread if you have special topic you want to discuss.

Feel free to discuss with anyone here.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dalmo
01-03-2014, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
or you can make a new thread if you have special topic you want to discuss.
I tried doing this, but it won't let me because I'm a new member. :(

greenhill
01-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the forum.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dalmo
I'm hoping to find like-minded people who are experienced with the holy text or fellow learners to share their thoughts.
It has been said that to really get the benefit of the Qur'an is to accept that Allah is Its author and that Muhammad saw was His messenger. What I am trying to get to is that 'like-minded' people here (being an islamic forum) would be those who already accepted those terms.

Have a great stay.

Peace :shade:

muslimah bird
01-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum , Dalmo. Hope you have a very beneficial stay

Dalmo
01-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks!!!

Are any of you familiar with Ayatul Kursi? I'm interested in getting your opinions on it.

Poetry Genius is doing something called Faith Friday. It's a weekly exploration of religious topics, and they're kicking off 2014 (happy new year! :D ) with the most excellent verse in the Qur'an.

poetrygenius. com/discussions/50798

Muslim Woman
01-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Hello Dalmo

format_quote Originally Posted by Dalmo
I tried doing this, but it won't let me because I'm a new member. :(

Limited members have some restrictions . Visit FAQ .

u may post ur questions in general section . This section is for intro only.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!