/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Location of death

Kayser
01-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Allah SW said (Quran 31:34)
Indeed, Allah [alone] has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted

but there are some people who predicted the place of their death and got it right, does Allah show some of the Ghaib (unseen) to some people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fainoz
01-18-2014, 12:05 AM
No, educated guessing backed by facts isn't the same as complete knowledge of the unseen. for example if I don't move I will most likely die here, but anything could happen, and i could end up dying in a hospital in France.

Allah knows best.

syed_z
01-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Narrated Anas bin Malik, Allah’s Apostle said, “A good dream of a righteous person (which comes true) is one of forty-six parts of prophethood.” (Bukhari)

Prophet (saw) explained that Prophethood would end except for True and Good dreams and through which Allah (swt) would reveal knowledge of unseen to whomsoever He choooses. So not all unseen knowledge would be known but some of it could be disclosed if Allah (swt) Willed.

So a person could know where he would die through dreams and visions.
Allah (swt) knows best.

Muhaba
01-18-2014, 06:49 PM
What does it mean "dreams are 1 of 46 parts of prophethood."

This statement has been explained by scholars as follows: For six months Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم would see dreams and the next day they would come true. Since Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم remained in the world for 23 years after getting revelation, this six months when divided by 23 years equals 1 part in 46.
Let us be clear about one thing. Prophets' dreams were also true and were form of revelation. ordinary human dreams are not the same as Prophet's dreams. Prophethood and revelation is finished. Ordinary people's dreams can be from Allah but they don't amount to revelation. Ordinary people do NOT get revelation in any form. Even in the past (before Prophet Muhammad) when revelation was still ongoing, an ordinary person getting inspiration was not called "revelation" so how can we consider dreams to be "revelation."

Revelation and prophethood is finished. Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the final Prophet and Messenger. What remains of truth is inspiration and true dreams but they are not revelation. The only dreams that were part of revelation were the Prophets' dreams.

Please do not misinterpret the ahadith.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
01-18-2014, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kayser
Allah SW said (Quran 31:34)
Indeed, Allah [alone] has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted

but there are some people who predicted the place of their death and got it right, does Allah show some of the Ghaib (unseen) to some people?
You cannot know with certainty where you will die. You may be living in a place all your life and may be certain that you will die there but at the last moment you may be taken to another place and die there.

Furthermore, this doesn't just mean the city or country but the exact place of death. For example, it may be your house or a hospital or your grandmother's house or a car or any other spot. It may be your bed or your sofa or your dining table chair. You can never know the exact place where you will die.

Ahmad H
01-20-2014, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
Let us be clear about one thing. Prophets' dreams were also true and were form of revelation. ordinary human dreams are not the same as Prophet's dreams. Prophethood and revelation is finished. Ordinary people's dreams can be from Allah but they don't amount to revelation. Ordinary people do NOT get revelation in any form. Even in the past (before Prophet Muhammad) when revelation was still ongoing, an ordinary person getting inspiration was not called "revelation" so how can we consider dreams to be "revelation."

Revelation and prophethood is finished. Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم was the final Prophet and Messenger. What remains of truth is inspiration and true dreams but they are not revelation. The only dreams that were part of revelation were the Prophets' dreams.

Please do not misinterpret the ahadith.
So many have denied revelation on this forum in the past, so I took liberty to research it myself and thoroughly fact-check this. I found many things which contradict this view in all kinds of Islamic sources.

What I ask is, on what authority do you stand on, where you state a clear contradiction to the statement of the Holy Prophet (saw)? The Holy Prophet (saw) said that prophethood continues with dreams and vision, as 1/46th part of it, so there is no ifs ands or buts about that.

At the return of Isa (as), even he will receive Wahy from Allah, which is mentioned in Sahih Muslim. Besides, I remember an Imam saying that Ilhaam can happen for ordinary Muslims, but the legislative Wahy cannot be given anymore by Allah to ordinary Muslims. Ilhaam has happened with many Buzurg in the past.

As for ordinary people not getting revelation, and only Prophets getting them, I say you are wrong beyond belief. Have you not read the Qur'an verse 28:7, where the mother of Musa (as) was given revelation from Allah? Did Allah not reveal how Isa (as) would turn out to be to Hazrat Maryam (ra)? And that is narrated in both Surah Al-Imran and Surah Al-Maryam. She was given revelation to shake the tree to let ripe dates fall on her when the birth pangs came upon her during the birth of Isa (as). And in the beginning of Surah Al-Maryam, Allah mentions how He spoke with Hazrat Zakariyya (as). Were any of these people Prophets of Allah? Clearly not. Yet they had revelations given to them, and Allah preserved these facts by mentioning this to us in the Holy Qur'an.

Yes, Wahy had stopped when the Holy Prophet (saw) passed away, so the Muslims were sad about this. But revelation had not ceased in general. There is a mention in the Sirat Rasulullah (saw) of Ibn Hisham, where when the Holy Prophet (saw) was being shrouded, there was an argument between the Sahaba (ra), then they had a sleepiness come over them and a voice told them what they should do. So they all did as they were told. Here is the reference:

"Yahya b. 'Abbad b. 'Abdullah b. al-Zubayr from his father 'Abbad from 'Aisha: When they wanted to wash the apostle dispute arose. They did not know whether to strip him of his clothes as they stripped their dead or to wash him with his clothes on. As they disputed God cast a deep sleep upon them so that every man's chin was sunk on his chest. Then a voice came from the direction of the house, none knowing who it was: 'Wash the apostle with his clothes on.' So they got up and went to the apostle and washed him with his shirt on, pouring water on the shirt, and rubbing him with the shirt between him and them." (The Life of Muhammad, Translation by A. Guillaume, p. 688.)

I strongly suggest you go to the references I told you in the Qur'an and see for yourself what it says. The Holy Qur'an, Ahadith of the Holy Prophet (saw), the life example of the Sahaba (ra) and the Naik Buzurg of the past all stand in complete disharmony with what you are saying. Ilhaam continues, and with the coming of Isa (as), the Wahy continues to an extent as well.

syed_z
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum....

Jazak Allah khayr Brother Ahmad for the post. Good points, you've mentioned very important points about Maryam (a.s) and the mother of Musa (a.s) etc.

Another very crucial point which I would like to bring it to our sister's attention is, please read Surah Yusuf and try to understand the importance that Allah (swt) has given to the subject of dreams. The dream of Yusuf (a.s) and that one dream determined the whole story of his life. The dream of the King in Egypt under whom Yusuf (a.s) was living, also saw a dream and that dream gave him the news of Unseen, of the future which when interpreted saved the entire kingdom from drought.

Allah (swt) even says in the Quran:

"And it was not for any mortal man that God should speak to him except through inspiration or from behind a veil or He sends a messenger" (Al Quran 42:51).

Allah (swt) has his ways of informing his slaves about the future or Unseen. Yes I agree that a new Revelation meaning a New Scripture is not something which would be given to mankind, Quran is the final revelation and there can be no doubt about that, but inspiration and true and good dreams/visions is not something which would be stopped for the Ummah of Muhammad (Saw) even after he has left. Allah (swt) says the following:

“Now surely the servants of Allah have nothing to fear or regret. Those that have faith and keep from evil shall receive bushra (good news or glad tidings) both in this world and in the next: the words of Allah do not change. That is the supreme triumph. (Qur’an: Yunus:- 10:64)

Imam Malik has placed in his famous work, al-Muwatta, a section dealing dreams, and in it he has quoted the following: “Urwah bin Zubair used to say that the words of the Lord: “They shall receive bushra in the life of this world as well as in the hereafter . . .” (Qur’an: Yunus:-10:64) mean good dreams which a man should himself see or others see for him.
Imam Malick: Muwatta. Kitab al-Jaami. Ch. 553

....This is just one reference, tons of evidence points that the Salaf very much beleived in this concept of revelation of knowledge through the good dreams/visions.

Hope this helps inshA'Allah.

Muhaba
01-21-2014, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
So many have denied revelation on this forum in the past, so I took liberty to research it myself and thoroughly fact-check this. I found many things which contradict this view in all kinds of Islamic sources.

What I ask is, on what authority do you stand on, where you state a clear contradiction to the statement of the Holy Prophet (saw)? The Holy Prophet (saw) said that prophethood continues with dreams and vision, as 1/46th part of it, so there is no ifs ands or buts about that.

At the return of Isa (as), even he will receive Wahy from Allah, which is mentioned in Sahih Muslim. Besides, I remember an Imam saying that Ilhaam can happen for ordinary Muslims, but the legislative Wahy cannot be given anymore by Allah to ordinary Muslims. Ilhaam has happened with many Buzurg in the past.

As for ordinary people not getting revelation, and only Prophets getting them, I say you are wrong beyond belief. Have you not read the Qur'an verse 28:7, where the mother of Musa (as) was given revelation from Allah? Did Allah not reveal how Isa (as) would turn out to be to Hazrat Maryam (ra)? And that is narrated in both Surah Al-Imran and Surah Al-Maryam. She was given revelation to shake the tree to let ripe dates fall on her when the birth pangs came upon her during the birth of Isa (as). And in the beginning of Surah Al-Maryam, Allah mentions how He spoke with Hazrat Zakariyya (as). Were any of these people Prophets of Allah? Clearly not. Yet they had revelations given to them, and Allah preserved these facts by mentioning this to us in the Holy Qur'an.

Yes, Wahy had stopped when the Holy Prophet (saw) passed away, so the Muslims were sad about this. But revelation had not ceased in general. There is a mention in the Sirat Rasulullah (saw) of Ibn Hisham, where when the Holy Prophet (saw) was being shrouded, there was an argument between the Sahaba (ra), then they had a sleepiness come over them and a voice told them what they should do. So they all did as they were told. Here is the reference:

"Yahya b. 'Abbad b. 'Abdullah b. al-Zubayr from his father 'Abbad from 'Aisha: When they wanted to wash the apostle dispute arose. They did not know whether to strip him of his clothes as they stripped their dead or to wash him with his clothes on. As they disputed God cast a deep sleep upon them so that every man's chin was sunk on his chest. Then a voice came from the direction of the house, none knowing who it was: 'Wash the apostle with his clothes on.' So they got up and went to the apostle and washed him with his shirt on, pouring water on the shirt, and rubbing him with the shirt between him and them." (The Life of Muhammad, Translation by A. Guillaume, p. 688.)

I strongly suggest you go to the references I told you in the Qur'an and see for yourself what it says. The Holy Qur'an, Ahadith of the Holy Prophet (saw), the life example of the Sahaba (ra) and the Naik Buzurg of the past all stand in complete disharmony with what you are saying. Ilhaam continues, and with the coming of Isa (as), the Wahy continues to an extent as well.
I am not talking about ilham (inspiration) but revelation (WAHY that Prophet's received).

Wahy in Arabic refers to three things: Prophetic revelations such as through the Angel Jibreel or direct.
Inspiration
Ideas

Only Prophets and Messengers got Prophetic revelations.

The women in question were Musa (A.S)’s mother and Maryam (A.S). As for Musa (A.S)’s mother, she got the inspiration in the mind and scholars have called it inspiration, not revelation. But this was not the type of inspiration someone might get today or simply an idea (as some have called it) because Allah made a promise with her and told her to put the baby in the river, not something one can do if they get a simple thought. What was the exact nature of the inspiration, Allah knows best.

As for Maryam A.S, Allah had sent Angel Jibreel to her.

Despite that, neither women were called Prophets.

Only Prophets got Prophetic revelations. Revelations in general terms refers to the communication that Prophets received from Allah. There are various forms of this. Included in it are the Wahy through Angel Jibreel, the message in the mind directly from Allah, and the message from behind a curtain (such as the one Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم had when he went on the ascension to Heaven.)

In common Muslim usage, the term WAHY is used for Prophetic revelations although the Arabic word refers to other forms. We know that the Arabic word WAHY refers to other forms because in the Quran it is stated that the Shaitan does wahy to his followers. That is, he inspires them.

Normally, when we say “revelation” we mean the Wahy that Prophets received. It’s better not to use it for other things because it can confuse people, especially since people like the Ahmadiyyah believe that Wahy is still ongoing. They don’t believe in finality of Prophethood. Which is why they are a heretic sect.

Prophets ’ dreams were not like ordinary people’s dreams. They were WAHY which is why the Prophets acted upon them. Examples include Ibrahim A.S’s dream about slaughtering his son and Muhammad (PBUH)’s dream of going for umrah. Ordinary people cannot derive rulings from dreams which is why dreams (and inspiration) is not used in islamic exegesis for deriving rulings. Ordinary people also don't have to follow their dreams. WAHY is finished and ordinary people do NOT get wahy in dreams! Prophets' dreams were WAHY; ordinary people's dreams are not WAHY. WAHY is finished. Let's not be confused about this important topic.

Muhaba
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
One more thing. Prophet Isa عليه السلام will come down as a follower of Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم which is why he will not lead the prayer when told to do so but will pray in congregation behind the Imam. As for the type of communication that he has with Allah, I have no knowledge about it. My posts are about ordinary people of this ummah and not Prophet Isa عليه السلام or people of previous times before Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم.

Ahmad H
01-21-2014, 09:07 PM
The women in question were Musa (A.S)’s mother and Maryam (A.S). As for Musa (A.S)’s mother, she got the inspiration in the mind and scholars have called it inspiration, not revelation. But this was not the type of inspiration someone might get today or simply an idea (as some have called it) because Allah made a promise with her and told her to put the baby in the river, not something one can do if they get a simple thought. What was the exact nature of the inspiration, Allah knows best.
Completely agree. Yes, the Wahy they got was not that of a Prophet's level. Even the honeybee is said to have received Wahy from Allah in Surah An-Nahl. This is translated as inspiration. I will just clarify that I was not stating that these two received revelations at the level of a Prophet of Allah. However, I was affirming that even ordinary people do receive revelations. These definitely are revelations from Allah in their own respect, but they at a lesser level. And yes, these revelations are not necessarily prophethood. But notice how Hazrat Musa (as)'s mother was told what to do, and she followed it trusting in Allah completely.

Ahmad H
01-21-2014, 09:21 PM
One more thing. Prophet Isa عليه السلام will come down as a follower of Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم which is why he will not lead the prayer when told to do so but will pray in congregation behind the Imam. As for the type of communication that he has with Allah, I have no knowledge about it. My posts are about ordinary people of this ummah and not Prophet Isa عليه السلام or people of previous times before Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم.
Yes, you are right. You were referring to normal people. But, I decided to give an FYI, that yes, even Wahy does continue to a limited extent. It is not completely cut off. The Hadith I referred to is the lengthy one in Sahih Muslim:

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو خَيْثَمَةَ زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ حَدَّثَنَا الْوَلِيدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ حَدَّثَنِى عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ يَزِيدَ بْنِ جَابِرٍ حَدَّثَنِى يَحْيَى بْنُ جَابِرٍ الطَّائِىُّ قَاضِى حِمْصَ حَدَّثَنِى عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ جُبَيْرٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِ جُبَيْرِ بْنِ نُفَيْرٍ الْحَضْرَمِىِّ أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ النَّوَّاسَ بْنَ سَمْعَانَ الْكِلاَبِىَّ ح وَحَدَّثَنِى مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مِهْرَانَ الرَّازِىُّ - وَاللَّفْظُ لَهُ - حَدَّثَنَا الْوَلِيدُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ يَزِيدَ بْنِ جَابِرٍ عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ جَابِرٍ الطَّائِىِّ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ جُبَيْرِ بْنِ نُفَيْرٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِ جُبَيْرِ بْنِ نُفَيْرٍ عَنِ النَّوَّاسِ بْنِ سَمْعَانَ قَالَ ذَكَرَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- الدَّجَّالَ ذَاتَ غَدَاةٍ فَخَفَّضَ فِيهِ وَرَفَّعَ حَتَّى ظَنَنَّاهُ فِى طَائِفَةِ النَّخْلِ فَلَمَّا رُحْنَا إِلَيْهِ عَرَفَ ذَلِكَ فِينَا فَقَالَ « مَا شَأْنُكُمْ ». قُلْنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ذَكَرْتَ الدَّجَّالَ غَدَاةً فَخَفَّضْتَ فِيهِ وَرَفَّعْتَ حَتَّى ظَنَنَّاهُ فِى طَائِفَةِ النَّخْلِ. فَقَالَ « غَيْرُ الدَّجَّالِ أَخْوَفُنِى عَلَيْكُمْ إِنْ يَخْرُجْ وَأَنَا فِيكُمْ فَأَنَا حَجِيجُهُ دُونَكُمْ وَإِنْ يَخْرُجْ وَلَسْتُ فِيكُمْ فَامْرُؤٌ حَجِيجُ نَفْسِهِ وَاللَّهُ خَلِيفَتِى عَلَى كُلِّ مُسْلِمٍ إِنَّهُ شَابٌّ قَطَطٌ عَيْنُهُ طَافِئَةٌ كَأَنِّى أُشَبِّهُهُ بِعَبْدِ الْعُزَّى بْنِ قَطَنٍ فَمَنْ أَدْرَكَهُ مِنْكُمْ فَلْيَقْرَأْ عَلَيْهِ فَوَاتِحَ سُورَةِ الْكَهْفِ إِنَّهُ خَارِجٌ خَلَّةً بَيْنَ الشَّأْمِ وَالْعِرَاقِ فَعَاثَ يَمِينًا وَعَاثَ شِمَالاً يَا عِبَادَ اللَّهِ فَاثْبُتُوا ». قُلْنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَا لَبْثُهُ فِى الأَرْضِ قَالَ « أَرْبَعُونَ يَوْمًا يَوْمٌ كَسَنَةٍ وَيَوْمٌ كَشَهْرٍ وَيَوْمٌ كَجُمُعَةٍ وَسَائِرُ أَيَّامِهِ كَأَيَّامِكُمْ ». قُلْنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ فَذَلِكَ الْيَوْمُ الَّذِى كَسَنَةٍ أَتَكْفِينَا فِيهِ صَلاَةُ يَوْمٍ قَالَ « لاَ اقْدُرُوا لَهُ قَدْرَهُ ». قُلْنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَا إِسْرَاعُهُ فِى الأَرْضِ قَالَ « كَالْغَيْثِ اسْتَدْبَرَتْهُ الرِّيحُ فَيَأْتِى عَلَى الْقَوْمِ فَيَدْعُوهُمْ فَيُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ وَيَسْتَجِيبُونَ لَهُ فَيَأْمُرُ السَّمَاءَ فَتُمْطِرُ وَالأَرْضَ فَتُنْبِتُ فَتَرُوحُ عَلَيْهِمْ سَارِحَتُهُمْ أَطْوَلَ مَا كَانَتْ ذُرًا وَأَسْبَغَهُ ضُرُوعًا وَأَمَدَّهُ خَوَاصِرَ ثُمَّ يَأْتِى الْقَوْمَ فَيَدْعُوهُمْ فَيَرُدُّونَ عَلَيْهِ قَوْلَهُ فَيَنْصَرِفُ عَنْهُمْ فَيُصْبِحُونَ مُمْحِلِينَ لَيْسَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ شَىْءٌ مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ وَيَمُرُّ بِالْخَرِبَةِ فَيَقُولُ لَهَا أَخْرِجِى كُنُوزَكِ. فَتَتْبَعُهُ كُنُوزُهَا كَيَعَاسِيبِ النَّحْلِ ثُمَّ يَدْعُو رَجُلاً مُمْتَلِئًا شَبَابًا فَيَضْرِبُهُ بِالسَّيْفِ فَيَقْطَعُهُ جَزْلَتَيْنِ رَمْيَةَ الْغَرَضِ ثُمَّ يَدْعُوهُ فَيُقْبِلُ وَيَتَهَلَّلُ وَجْهُهُ يَضْحَكُ فَبَيْنَمَا هُوَ كَذَلِكَ إِذْ بَعَثَ اللَّهُ الْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ فَيَنْزِلُ عِنْدَ الْمَنَارَةِ الْبَيْضَاءِ شَرْقِىَّ دِمَشْقَ بَيْنَ مَهْرُودَتَيْنِ وَاضِعًا كَفَّيْهِ عَلَى أَجْنِحَةِ مَلَكَيْنِ إِذَا طَأْطَأَ رَأَسَهُ قَطَرَ وَإِذَا رَفَعَهُ تَحَدَّرَ مِنْهُ جُمَانٌ كَاللُّؤْلُؤِ فَلاَ يَحِلُّ لِكَافِرٍ يَجِدُ رِيحَ نَفَسِهِ إِلاَّ مَاتَ وَنَفَسُهُ يَنْتَهِى حَيْثُ يَنْتَهِى طَرْفُهُ فَيَطْلُبُهُ حَتَّى يُدْرِكَهُ بِبَابِ لُدٍّ فَيَقْتُلُهُ ثُمَّ يَأْتِى عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ قَوْمٌ قَدْ عَصَمَهُمُ اللَّهُ مِنْهُ فَيَمْسَحُ عَنْ وُجُوهِهِمْ وَيُحَدِّثُهُمْ بِدَرَجَاتِهِمْ فِى الْجَنَّةِ فَبَيْنَمَا هُوَ كَذَلِكَ إِذْ أَوْحَى اللَّهُ إِلَى عِيسَى إِنِّى قَدْ أَخْرَجْتُ عِبَادًا لِى لاَ يَدَانِ لأَحَدٍ بِقِتَالِهِمْ فَحَرِّزْ عِبَادِى إِلَى الطُّورِ. وَيَبْعَثُ اللَّهُ يَأْجُوجَ وَمَأْجُوجَ وَهُمْ مِنْ كُلِّ حَدَبٍ يَنْسِلُونَ فَيَمُرُّ أَوَائِلُهُمْ عَلَى بُحَيْرَةِ طَبَرِيَّةَ فَيَشْرَبُونَ مَا فِيهَا وَيَمُرُّ آخِرُهُمْ فَيَقُولُونَ لَقَدْ كَانَ بِهَذِهِ مَرَّةً مَاءٌ. وَيُحْصَرُ نَبِىُّ اللَّهُ عِيسَى وَأَصْحَابُهُ حَتَّى يَكُونَ رَأْسُ الثَّوْرِ لأَحَدِهِمْ خَيْرًا مِنْ مِائَةِ دِينَارٍ لأَحَدِكُمُ الْيَوْمَ فَيَرْغَبُ نَبِىُّ اللَّهِ عِيسَى وَأَصْحَابُهُ فَيُرْسِلُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهُمُ النَّغَفَ فِى رِقَابِهِمْ فَيُصْبِحُونَ فَرْسَى كَمَوْتِ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ ثُمَّ يَهْبِطُ نَبِىُّ اللَّهِ عِيسَى وَأَصْحَابُهُ إِلَى الأَرْضِ فَلاَ يَجِدُونَ فِى الأَرْضِ مَوْضِعَ شِبْرٍ إِلاَّ مَلأَهُ زَهَمُهُمْ وَنَتْنُهُمْ فَيَرْغَبُ نَبِىُّ اللَّهِ عِيسَى وَأَصْحَابُهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ فَيُرْسِلُ اللَّهُ طَيْرًا كَأَعْنَاقِ الْبُخْتِ فَتَحْمِلُهُمْ فَتَطْرَحُهُمْ حَيْثُ شَاءَ اللَّهُ ثُمَّ يُرْسِلُ اللَّهُ مَطَرًا لاَ يَكُنُّ مِنْهُ بَيْتُ مَدَرٍ وَلاَ وَبَرٍ فَيَغْسِلُ الأَرْضَ حَتَّى يَتْرُكَهَا كَالزَّلَفَةِ ثُمَّ يُقَالُ لِلأَرْضِ أَنْبِتِى ثَمَرَتَكِ وَرُدِّى بَرَكَتَكِ. فَيَوْمَئِذٍ تَأْكُلُ الْعِصَابَةُ مِنَ الرُّمَّانَةِ وَيَسْتَظِلُّونَ بِقِحْفِهَا وَيُبَارَكُ فِى الرِّسْلِ حَتَّى أَنَّ اللِّقْحَةَ مِنَ الإِبِلِ لَتَكْفِى الْفِئَامَ مِنَ النَّاسِ وَاللِّقْحَةَ مِنَ الْبَقَرِ لَتَكْفِى الْقَبِيلَةَ مِنَ النَّاسِ وَاللِّقْحَةَ مِنَ الْغَنَمِ لَتَكْفِى الْفَخِذَ مِنَ النَّاسِ فَبَيْنَمَا هُمْ كَذَلِكَ إِذْ بَعَثَ اللَّهُ رِيحًا طَيِّبَةً فَتَأْخُذُهُمْ تَحْتَ آبَاطِهِمْ فَتَقْبِضُ رُوحَ كُلِّ مُؤْمِنٍ وَكُلِّ مُسْلِمٍ وَيَبْقَى شِرَارُ النَّاسِ يَتَهَارَجُونَ فِيهَا تَهَارُجَ الْحُمُرِ فَعَلَيْهِمْ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ ».

The website copy and pasted it weird. But anyways, I remember finding it curious that this Hadith says "أَوْحَى" implying that, because Isa (as) is a Messenger of Allah, and the fact that this Hadith mentions he is a Nabi, perhaps it is saying that he receives revelation. If so, it would only be limited to him to receive this revelation and not anyone else, since he is the only one designated to come in the future and still be a Prophet of Allah.

Every Tafsir I have read says he is a Prophet of Allah in the future time when he returns, so that must mean that he really is receiving Wahy at the level of a Prophet as well. This is a side thing, but I was wondering if you see what I mean here? I've wondered about this for some time. I feel I've branched off the topic too much. But I guess this involves the subject of the unseen.

Just wanted to know your thoughts on this. Jazakallah.

syed_z
01-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Prophets ’ dreams were not like ordinary people’s dreams. They were WAHY which is why the Prophets acted upon them. Examples include Ibrahim A.S’s dream about slaughtering his son and Muhammad (PBUH)’s dream of going for umrah. Ordinary people cannot derive rulings from dreams which is why dreams (and inspiration) is not used in islamic exegesis for deriving rulings. Ordinary people also don't have to follow their dreams. WAHY is finished and ordinary people do NOT get wahy in dreams! Prophets' dreams were WAHY; ordinary people's dreams are not WAHY. WAHY is finished. Let's not be confused about this important topic.

Asalaam O Alaikum...

I would like to quote an important hadith here and its explanation provided by Imam Ghazzali in his Ihya Ulum uddin, it relates to what you have posted and what brother Ahmed has mentioned about receving news from the Unseen, not at the level of the Prophets but at a lesser level:

The Prophet (saw) Said "If faith of Abu Bakr (r.a) is measured with that of the people of the world except the faith of the Prophets and Messengers, the balance of his faith will be heavier." .......the Imam said "This is like the saying of a man who says: If the lights of a lamp are weighed with the rays of the sun, the rays of the sun will be heavier. The light of the faith of the messengers and prophets is like the rays of the Sun, the light of the Siddiq's is like that of the moon, the light of the friends of God is like that of the stars and the light of the general believers is like that of a lamp. The light of the sun illuminates the entire world and the light of the lamp gives light to a room. Similarly there is a difference in the case of the expansion of breasts of the prophets and ordinary believers. For this reason, there is in a hadith that on the Resurrection Day it will be said that whoever has got faith in his heart to the weight of an atom will be taken out of hell."

Another important tradition to mention is the Prophet (saw) said "Beware of the Firasa (Sight) of a Mumin (believer), when he sees he sees with Nur (Light of Allah)."

Hazrat Anas (r.a) said "Once I went to see Hazrat Uthman (r.a) and on the way met a woman and began to think of her beauty. Hazrat Uthman after meeting me said 'Some one of you have come with an open sign of fornication in his eyes. Repent for it' I said 'Does revelation come even after the Prophet of Allah (saw)?' Hazrat Uthman (r.a) said 'Revelation does not come but by deep insight everything can be seen.'"

The above traditions have been taken from Imam Ghazzali's book. Hope this helps understand what we're refering to.

We should believe, and no doubt that Wahy (Revelation) stopped after Prophet (saw), but Kashf or Ilham has not stopped and will not, the door of the soul leads towards the spiritual world i.e. the Unseen and from it comes knowledge and understanding from Allah.

Innocent Soul
02-26-2014, 03:20 PM
^ I have tried it. Nothing like that happens :D once you wash your face the colour will also disappear.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!