/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Dua's

Mango
01-04-2014, 08:57 PM
:sl:,
As I've said before, I'm a student in 8th grade. My parents expect me to get A's in every subject. In 1st and 2nd grade (when I was in Egypt) I easily got grades over 90%, even in my final exams. We came to Canada when i was in 3rd grade, and I also got grades over 90% easily. 4th grade was the same as well. However, in 5th grade my marks were going downhill, and I never got anything above 85%, except for French class which was pretty easy because I already spoke it fluently. 6th grade was the same, I always got 4 B's and 2 A's. 7th grade I got slightly better, 4 A's and 2 B's. I tried working on the two subjects that I had B's in (Science and Social Studies) but when I finally got them up to A's, 2 other subjects went down to B's. I was really frustrated! Whenever I brought my report card home, my mom would always yell at me and tell that I wasn't like this when I was little. And she's right. When I was little I always got A+'s! I finished the first term of 8th grade, and when I brought my report card home, it was all B's and only like 2 A's. What's happening?! I tried my best, I got 80% or above on all my tests, yet I still get B's (in Canada a B is 70 - 79%) I might be going back to Egypt this summer and if I do, then I need to get straight A's right now! Because education in Egypt is a lot harder, and if I can't get straight A's here, what am I going to do there? I would like to ask you guys to make Dua for me, because sadly I don't know how to make Dua myself. I know what you're thinking. "A 13 year old that can't make Dua?!" Okay I know that it's unbelievable but I seriously don't know how to make Dua imsad Please everybody, help me get over this problem.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Which subjects do you study and need help in?

I may be able to help you insha Allah.

Mango
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Jazaakallah khairan!!!

I need help in all four main subjects. Math, Science, Language Arts and Social Studies. But as I said before, I always get a mark higher than 80% on every test, I think that I'm getting B's because of my journaling... Yes, my journaling skills suck. I don't know how to journal. Do you think you can help me with this?

BeTheChange
01-04-2014, 09:50 PM
There's loads of duas on this link http://www.islamicboard.com/education-issues/17871-duas-studies-exams.html

C
heck the above thread out insha Allah.

Which level of qualification are you studying for?

Would it be equivalent to GCSE levels?

check this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/ for information in different subjects insha Allah.

It sounds like you've been moving around a lot and this can have an impact on your grades. It can be hard to catch up and familiarise yourself with new surroundings/ culture/make a new home etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mango
01-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Thank you for the link C: And I have been moving to a new house every year, but I stayed in the same school since 5th grade.
Also, what do you mean by level of qualification?

BeTheChange
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM
The best advice i would give you is utlise your fear of failure in a good way. This should motivate you to revise and work hard more. The more knowledge, revision and understanding you have about how exam works and what is expected of you - the more likely you will pass insha Allah.

Ask your teachers where you can find past papers and go through the past papers. Revise every topic and module in each subject insha Allah.

Plan your revision this really helped me to pass all my exams - most importantly, stick to the timetable you set and treat yourself after your revision. Have something - a dream, a goal or something in mind which will motivate you to work hard. For me it was the happiness of my parents that got me through.

Believe in yourself as a positive mentality will get you positive results. The vast majority of exams require memory. You just need to remember and memorise 'knowledge.' Only a few exams require mental and critical thinking.

Have you visited http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/ ? I think this is the level of work that your studying for?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!