/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I start?

Desuchan
01-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Hello..

I've been studying Islam for quite a while now, and a lot of people at my college are Islamic. I've made friends with a few of them and we have discussed religion quite often - I used to be a Christian though now I am not so sure I believe it at all, and am starting to accept that Islam is the way of life.

I just don't know where to start though. I know about the reciting the shahada, but what after that? I really want to be a good Muslim for Allah but I can't work out how to begin.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few threads on the matter. So you can take your time to learn. Do not rush. Learn a few surahs, learn to pray, read about the 25 prophets would be a start.

May you have a good journey ahead and enjoy your stay here.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
01-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Hello

pl. browse section for new Muslims

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...n-reverts.html

sugaray21
01-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi there. I converted not long ago and am so glad I did...there are so many informative threads you can scroll back and find so much useful information...take your time.. May I suggest a few really informative and beneficial youtube talks for new muslims? There is Prof Jeff Lang, a former christian (maths professor) who converted to islam. In his youtube talk the purpose of life, he explains in detail how he came to understand that islam must be the truth through logic and reason and he offers a mathematical perspective on it. Also, he compares verses in the Qu’ran with the biblical version of the same topics, but, he doesn't vilify Christianity or Christians far from it. No judgements or digs nothing like that. just explains how he came to his conclusions.
I could name so many brilliant speakers who are well worth listening to that are aimed at new muslims. Sheikh yusef estes is a former christian, he is extremely knowledgeable about the Bible but converted to Islam after reading and studying Islam and the Qu’ran. Ahmed deedat does lots of talks where he compares Christianity and islam. abdur raheem green (another English convert) gives good talks. sheikh khaled yasin (American convert) has loads of dvds and talks on youtube.
Sheikh Hamza Yusef is an american convert, he has talks on youtube. very advanced stuff.

If you contact via email uk islamic dawah centre, and ask for some islamic literature, they will send it to you for free.

Also really relevant to christians who are unsure about their religion, is a youtube documentary called ‘a british engineer converts to islam live street dawah’. This is relevant because the guy Faisal who is interviewing the engineer, who is a self proclaimed christian, breaks down different points regarding christianity, explaining in detail various points. The engineer accepts the points that faisal makes because it becomes so clear through logic and reason, and he converts to islam on the spot.

So many books and so many websites….I’d be here all day….do through research and you will find what you are looking for, all the answers

To learn a bit about the real not fabricated history of islam, watch karen armstrong’s talk on youtube called muhammed a prophet of our time. It is extremely beneficial because she gives an unbiased fact based talk re islam and its history. It is also in book form too.
Its so important to learn about the real history of islam, muhammed (saw), his life, the way he really was, the environment they lived in back then…the myth of spreading islam by the sword is a myth and you can find the truth there are books out there its just a case of looking hard and taking your time.
At the uk islamic dawah centre, they have so many brochures and short books that are free covering so many topics

Peace to you brother and best wishes to you on your spiritual journey into islam...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sugaray21
01-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Dr zakir naik is another speaker who touches on Christianity and islam in his talks, among many other things.

Kayser
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desuchan
Hello..

I've been studying Islam for quite a while now, and a lot of people at my college are Islamic. I've made friends with a few of them and we have discussed religion quite often - I used to be a Christian though now I am not so sure I believe it at all, and am starting to accept that Islam is the way of life.

I just don't know where to start though. I know about the reciting the shahada, but what after that? I really want to be a good Muslim for Allah but I can't work out how to begin.
Welcome to the forum. I think the best way is to go to a local mosque or have a Muslim friend to teach you about praying and other matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!