/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of people diabolizing the faith we share.

muratSul
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM
As-salamu Alaykum,

I'm tired of people who are holding a gun to every Muslim's head because of a couple men's choices.

I was talking about the takbir in class and my friend asked me what Allahu Akbar meant. My teacher gave us this baleful look and said that it was shouted by extremists before they kill people. I told her no, that's ridiculous, it means God is the greatest. This other girl in my class turns around and says "of course you would know", hinting at her flawed belief that I share a commonality with people who kill in my religion because I defend it.. talk about it.. and guide others.

It gets to the point where I just want to say "Do you want me to hold a gun to every Christian's head because of a few people who decided to murder, rape, kidnap or steal? Do you want me to make this a perennial sin? Do you want me and everybody who looks at you and sits next to you to judge you based on something somebody else did? That's where we are. A couple guys who don't represent any sort of balance on Islam's weight scale did something and you judge every single one of us for it."

I don't know what to do. You can't guide something that's already been guided to hate you in all possible ways.

Jazakallahu Khairan, love you all, goodnight.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
01-05-2014, 07:24 PM
most people i meet actually have agood opinion of islam mashAllaah

muratSul
01-06-2014, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
most people i meet actually have agood opinion of islam mashAllaah
Where are you from brother?

Thanks for the warm reply.

Ali_008
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
:wasalamex

I used to think that if you properly invite people to Islam then one day the whole world will have a single faith, but time has taught me that there can't be anything that will be unanimously agreed upon throughout the world. You will meet people who love Islam despite not being Muslims, and you will meet people who hate Islam, you will even meet Muslims who have negative views about their own deen, but that's just part of being a Muslim. People challenging your faith will keep popping up throughout your life. I don't think there was ever a prophet who governed his people with all of them being Muslims.

One can only try to clear Islam's name in front of people who hold such thoughts, and pray to Allah that He guides them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
01-06-2014, 02:25 PM
meh... change school, you aint learning nothing there that will be of benefit.

if you cannot respect your teachers because they themselves are flawed, then you need to find better teachers...

...or atleast take up this complaint with the school authority... put the teacher in his/her place so to speak

Scimi

IbnAbdulHakim
01-06-2014, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muratSul
Where are you from brother?

Thanks for the warm reply.
London

Samiun
01-06-2014, 05:05 PM
:wa: yea I get what you mean. Alhamdulillah, I've not met such people yet in real life. The internet however is a different story. Just go to youtube and search comparative religion debates like Ahmad Deedat, news on Islam and you will see how hateful people are towards Islam. The worse part is, these people are getting the 'thumbs up' at a ridiculous level. Also there was this facebook group that I joined that uses every single information against Islam and whenever I try to reason and discuss with them they spout things like , "Islam is from the devil"(Nauzubillahbinzaliq). So I decided to give up on that group because I thought it was an Islamic group and most of them in there are demonizing Islam.

muratSul
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:wa: yea I get what you mean. Alhamdulillah, I've not met such people yet in real life. The internet however is a different story. Just go to youtube and search comparative religion debates like Ahmad Deedat, news on Islam and you will see how hateful people are towards Islam. The worse part is, these people are getting the 'thumbs up' at a ridiculous level. Also there was this facebook group that I joined that uses every single information against Islam and whenever I try to reason and discuss with them they spout things like , "Islam is from the devil"(Nauzubillahbinzaliq). So I decided to give up on that group because I thought it was an Islamic group and most of them in there are demonizing Islam.
People act like Osama Bin Laden emblematizes our religion and they refuse to open themselves to the fact that every religion has a person who tragedizes. Name one cause in this world that didn't require death to move forward? You can't. People online have this freakish obsession with our religion and hurting it. Avoid it because the hurt isn't in gear nor will it ever do damage to our religion.

Ahmad H
01-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Yes, people do give dirty looks. But a lot of people are genuinely interested in Islam and find it fascinating. If people are negative towards it, then don't be so open about Islam in front of them too much. If you are open in front of negative people, then you only give them a chance to attack it. Be forbearing and don't give them any more chances to sin and thus be a Fitnah to them. Of course, you couldn't avoid this, but in the future it would be better to let them not attack your faith anymore than they have. Let Allah deal with them on the Day of Judgment, then they'll see how wrong they were.

It is because of people like this that I usually have a reserved attitude towards showing just how strong of a Muslim I can be. If I feel someone is respectful and understanding, I share it. If I don't know, then I avoid letting them know since I could be giving them a chance to show their hatred towards God. I noticed some people genuinely hate God. It's sad, but it's true. On the other hand, some people can't get enough of talking about religion and analyzing many of the issues surrounding it, despite their being Atheist or Agnostic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!