/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Complete Forgiveness?

Mango
01-09-2014, 04:03 AM
Asalamualaykum,

So you know how every person has a book written about them? It contains every single thing they did, said, or thought of. It even contains their sins. That's what got me wondering; If you commit a sin and then ask Allah for forgiveness, will He erase that sin from your book, or does it stay there? Also, if you could give me any dua's for asking for forgiveness, that would be grateful. Jazakallah khairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Only Allah swa has that knowledge. We should have hope and fear. Everything in moderation.

When we commit a sin we should ask for forgiveness and never commit that sin again. If we find ourselves committing that sin again then we are not sincere or true with our forgiveness or our emaan is low. There is something wrong if we commit that sin again.

I don't have any duas with me sorry but am sure our brothers & sisters will be able to help you with that insha Allah.

Don't despair and don't commit sins thinking Allah swa will forgive us. Just focus on being good. There's so many ways to cleaning your soul. Each time we do our wuzu before salaah our minor sins are being washed away. (Allah swa knows best). When we are ill and make dua our duas are more likely to be accepted (Allah swa knows best).

Don't think Allah swa will never forgive you because there's many hadiths and stories in Islam where Allah swa has forgiven people who have commit many bad sins.

Hope and fear insha Allah

Mango
01-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Okay, thank you for your great advice :statisfie I will be sure to ask the other brothers and sisters for any dua's.

:wa:

jameelash
01-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Ibn Kathir states that, according to the narration of Ahnaf Ibn Qais, the angel sitting on the right records the good deeds, and he is also the supervisor over the angel on the left. If a person commits a sin, the angel on the right says to the one on the left, "Do not write it yet; give him a chance; may be he will repent; if he does, then let it go; otherwise record it in your record of deeds". (Ibn-Abi Hatim transmitted it)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mango;

Just a thought, but if we want Allah to forgive our sins, should we also forgive people who have hurt us, will we be judged by the way we judge others.

In the spirit of praying to overcome our anger against injustice.

Eric

greenhill
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
As salaam.

I have been brought up to believe there is 2 parts to this. That I would need to ask forgiveness from the person first. So, in other words I have to confess my sin to the 'wronged' person. If he/she forgives me, then the chances are better that I will be forgiven (if my intentions were sincere). If he/she does not, then it may be harder to attain forgiveness (unless that person is totally unreasonable).

I am not sure....

:peace:

Muhammad
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Greetings Eric,

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Just a thought, but if we want Allah to forgive our sins, should we also forgive people who have hurt us, will we be judged by the way we judge others.
Only today I was reminded of this very teaching. I was reminded of the following verse and hadeeth:

“And let not those of you who possess wealth and abundance swear against giving to the near of kin and the poor and those who have had to emigrate for Allah’s sake. They should forgive and forebear. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” [Sūrah al-Nūr: 22]

This verse was revealed concerning the Companion Abu Bakr :ra:, when he swore that he would stop spending on his cousin Mistah bin Uthathah after the latter had been involved in the slander against Abu Bakr's daughter 'Aisha, may Allaah :swt: be pleased with her. Mistah was a poor man with no wealth except whatever Abu Bakr spent on him. After this verse was revealed, Abu Bakr :ra: resumed his spending on Mistah. Indeed, it is a great example of forgiving those who hurt us. The full story can be read in the commentary here: http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2441&Itemid=79

Also:

The Prophet :saws: said: "He who does not show mercy to others, will not be treated mercifully." [Al-Bukhari; Book 78, Hadith 44]

The Prophet :saws: said: "The merciful are shown mercy by Ar-Rahman. Be merciful on the earth, and you will be shown mercy from Who is above the heavens. The womb is named after Ar-Rahman, so whoever connects it, Allah connects him, and whoever severs it, Allah severs him." [At-Tirmithi; Book 27, Hadith 2049]

On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet :saws: who said, ” Whoever relieves a believer’s distress of the distressful aspects of this world, Allah will rescue him from a difficulty of the difficulties of the Hereafter. Whoever alleviates [the situation of] one in dire straits who cannot repay his debt, Allah will alleviate his lot in both this world and in the Hereafter. Whoever conceals [the faults of] a Muslim, Allah will conceal [his faults] in this life and the Hereafter. Allah is helping the servant as long as the servant is helping his brother... [Sahih Muslim; 2699]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!