/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran recitation and then english....

BeTheChange
01-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Asalamualykum everyone

Has anyone come across any reciters who recite the full passage of the Quran and then give a full english translation straight after?

I can find reciters on youtube who recite one sentence and then translate in english but i find it hard to follow the meaning this way.

So basically, looking for a full arabic recitation and then a full english translation straight after.

Jazahka Allah

Your help is much appreciated as always.

May Allah swa reward you all for your efforts and good intentions. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kayser
01-09-2014, 11:30 PM
I think quranicaudio.com does that

greenhill
01-11-2014, 06:44 AM
I have always wanted to learn the Qur'an in the order of which it was revealed and in relation to the events of the time.

What we are taught back here is to read from beginning to the end and then the meanings after we have recited the words of Allah with our own tongue (if we intend to further our knowledge). The emphasis is on the recitation.

I have asked around but so far I have not found anyone who can (or want to). My idea is to understand why the particular surah was revealed and to address what issue. Perhaps that way, I could better understand the context of why it was sent. Maybe even see the relevance and application in today's world. I feel it would be more meaningful and positively believe that it would definitely aid me in remembering the guidance and get direct codes of practice from the Book itself. It may even teach me how to get references from it for life.:?

:peace:

Signor
01-11-2014, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strivingforgood
Asalamualykum everyone

Has anyone come across any reciters who recite the full passage of the Qur'an and then give a full English translation straight after?
Waalikum Assalaam

Basically,the methodology you adopted here is flawed?How?Qur'an is not your normal text book,its a book of forever guidance.A chapter may contains several topics ending,continuing and starting in the same surah.You need to keep in mind,the names given to Surahs are only for reference purposes,they doesn't necessarily have to do with Surah itself.For example,longest Surah is Al Baqarah(The Cow),does it revolves around issues of The Cow,offcourse not(Btw,this is also a rebuttle to those Haters who say Allah has revealed a small Surah on topic of Women(An Nisa) compared to Cow). I will elaborate more If needed Insha Allah.

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
What we are taught back here is to read from beginning to the end and then the meanings after we have recited the words of Allah with our own tongue (if we intend to further our knowledge). The emphasis is on the recitation.

I have asked around but so far I have not found anyone who can (or want to). My idea is to understand why the particular surah was revealed and to address what issue. Perhaps that way, I could better understand the context of why it was sent. Maybe even see the relevance and application in today's world. I feel it would be more meaningful and positively believe that it would definitely aid me in remembering the guidance and get direct codes of practice from the Book itself. It may even teach me how to get references from it for life.
If I guide you,what will I get in return Akhee?:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
01-11-2014, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
If I guide you,what will I get in return Akhee?
Jannah, in syaa Allah as I am powerless to give you good in this world. But I can wish for a portion of my good deeds done due to the knowledge gained as a result to you. May all my actions, thoughts and deeds (as a result of understanding) be good and pleasing to Allah because of you....... (?)

Can?

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!