/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eat food and then vomit it

ardianto
01-12-2014, 12:01 AM
:sl:

I often hear about habit of some women in the West to maintain their slimness, vomit the foods they have eaten. I say "in the West" because women in my place have no habit like this.

Women in my place are worry to being fat too. But what they do to maintain their slimness is diet and sport. And many of them are success in their effort.

Just wonder why some women in the West have this habit?, eat food and then vomit it. Why can't they just do diet and sport?.

Does this habit exist only among women? or also among men too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-12-2014, 12:38 AM
I don´t think it is a habit but a illness. Bulimia predisposing factors have been found to be largely the same as anorexia. Surrounding the culture and attitudes of the family is often the effect of illness. In some cases it is needed to give only information but sometimes patients may also need for example psychotherapy and antidepressant medication.

Suffering from bulimia is also quite often other mental health disorders. The most common of these disorders are anxiety and depression. Afflicted also been observed in other forms of self-harm, such as slashing.

ardianto
01-12-2014, 01:28 AM
Illness is something that unwanted, but we cannot reject when it comes to us, like flu, cough, etc. But I think bulimia is something that started by choice. They choose to vomit food they have eaten, but later it becomes a habit which they cannot stop. Yes, it can be turn into mental health disorder.

People in my place know about this habit from news and articles, but they are not interested to do this.

I understand if people want to be slim. But vomit food after eat sound like an act of desperation. I wonder what makes them do this?. Is it because they cannot change their menu and eating habit?. Or is it related to physical?. I mean maybe Western people (Caucasian) more difficult in maintain their slimness than Eastern people (Mongoloid). Or is it just because they are lazy to do diet and sport?.

Karl
01-12-2014, 04:26 AM
I believe the main problem is the fashion industry. Anglo Saxon women see French waifs in fashion books so they want to be in fashion by looking like them. Anglo Saxon women are big and buxom by nature so they have to starve themselves or vomit themselves into being skinny. They are delusional because they cannot ever look like a Romanesque waif. These skinny Anglo Saxons look very sick and bony like they have some horrible disease. Most get help with their delusion's and return to being healthy big buxom women again. Some of them die from this mental illness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-12-2014, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
I believe the main problem is the fashion industry. Anglo Saxon women see French waifs in fashion books so they want to be in fashion by looking like them. Anglo Saxon women are big and buxom by nature so they have to starve themselves or vomit themselves into being skinny. They are delusional because they cannot ever look like a Romanesque waif. These skinny Anglo Saxons look very sick and bony like they have some horrible disease. Most get help with their delusion's and return to being healthy big buxom women again. Some of them die from this mental illness.
Not fashion industries that make women want to look beautiful, but instinct to look beautiful make people establish fashion industries.

I understand if those women want to be slim. But what makes them choose this extreme way, vomit foods they have eaten?. Is it because they don't believe that diet and sport can make them slim?.

I've ever thinking too about 'level of easiness' in reducing weight between Western and Eastern people. I hear that many adult men in US are over-weight. Frankly, I have problem with weight too.

When I was teen I was a fat boy. In late of my teen age I reduced my weight through diet and sport, then I became slim enough. But I was getting fat again when I got married. But I was not thinking to reduce my weight again because my wife did not mind with it. So, instead of diet I enjoyed delicious foods which cooked by my wife.

After my wife passed away suddenly I felt I was too fat. Then I do light diet and I lost 10 kilograms in three months plus. Actually I could get better result if I more serious.

But maybe people in the West are not so easy like this in reducing their weight.

ardianto
01-12-2014, 05:19 AM
What I found in another thread.

format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Both girls (God forgive them for their sins) were in their opinion "Over-weight." They felt left out from society and friends because of their weight on and off school. These two girls were just 2 out of many who go to the girl's bathroom during lunch after eating at McDonalds or Popeyes, and they would go to the washroom to empty themselves out before heading back out to class. Almost all girls seem to be doing this at our school and the smell of vomit engulfs the place coming from the washroom.

(Thread: Media and Suicide)

BeTheChange
01-12-2014, 08:10 PM
state of mind affects the actions that you do.

It doesn't matter if others see you as slim if you have a self belief that you are fat you will never be happy with yourself. Symptoms can include; feeling insecure, low self esteem, after you eat a meal you feel fat and so sick inside you feel better after you throw up etc.

There's many factors that come into play. People may feel pressurised to look a certain way due to media. friends, family, society etc...

It is an upsetting thing to witness.

Also one more thing - in the Asian sub continent it is actually good and 'healthy' to be fat and a bigger woman. This is a sign of richness and being wealthy whereas being skinny is seen as being poor. In the West, you don't have this assumption.

May Allah swa help us all Ameen.

Iceee
01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Salaam.

I took a quick look at this thread, saw my comment from a year ago being quoted, so I thought maybe I can bring some more insight.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
because women in my place have no habit like this.
I hope you are still living in Indonesia and not the U.S or I would feel stupid after writing this. From the statistics that I see, Indonesia is primarily a Islamic based country, with most people being Muslims. That being said, Muslim girls here in Canada and I'm guessing Indonesia, strive to become really religious in Islamic teaching, a good daughter to their parents (especially to their fathers), and they strive to grow up to get a good job or take care of the homes and most have the intention to get married Inshallah.

Women in my place are worry to being fat too. But what they do to maintain their slimness is diet and sport. And many of them are success in their effort.

Therefore, Muslims have a different mentality than non-muslims. I'm not saying all Muslim girls don't do what you mentioned, maybe some do even in your country, but what I am saying is that these Muslim girls have the mentality and idea that their personality and their characteris far more superior than their physical looks. So even if they don't believe they are beautiful by looks, they still use their other abilities to find a righteous husband. I know this because during the months of April - Sepember, every Friday after Jumah namaaz, there's always a niqah ceremony at almost every masjid... HERE IN TORONTO CANADA!

Like someone else mentioned, the girls here in the Western Society have a different mentality however. Sadly, the girls in the Western Society have the idea that they can ONLY be beautiful if they look a certain way, that they can ONLY get boyfriends if they look a certain way, think a certain way, act a certain way. That way is being slim, being white, and having long hair. It's about flirting with guys, laughing at the boys jokes even if they aren't funny, and acting like they "make them complete." The girls will go to the extremes to have these features, including surgery, pills, and like you mentioned, removing the foods from their bodies to get their physical beauty.

As for what you mentioned about diet and exercise, the girls don't like doing this. Why? For a variety of reasons... Because these things use up their "time" with their boyfriends, Eating less, vomiting foods, and going on unhealthy diets are the only ways they can have free time to spend with their boyfriends, if they don't have this time together, their boyfriend will probably leave them and this process will have to begin again, They are too scared of doing these things, It's boring. etc. Most Muslims have the intention to get married and have children, most non-muslim girls here have the intention to have fun.

It's like a competition. Where if the girls get too fat while they're dating their boyfriend, they have this fear he will leave for the better looking girl.

This applies also to women, i.e., a woman should not accept anyone but a man who is religiously committed and of good character. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If there comes to you to marry (your daughter) one who with whose religious commitment and character you are pleased, then marry (your daughter) to him, for if you do not do that, there will be fitnah (tribulation) in the land and widespread corruption.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1084; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 866.

crimsontide06
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
A person with Bulimia is someone who may be thin...let's say 132 lbs, but when they look in the mirror their mind sees a 200 lb monster..which makes them purge and go to drastic measure to be ultra thin. Society has a lot to do with it, yes.

ardianto
01-13-2014, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

I took a quick look at this thread, saw my comment from a year ago being quoted, so I thought maybe I can bring some more insight.

Wa'alaikumsalam

To be honest, your post in that thread is my inspiration to make this thread. :)

One advice which me and other boys received when I was teen was "When you are looking for life partner, you don't have to choose beautiful woman, but choose a woman who is good in character and personality". In the beginning we ignored this advice. But later we see a reality, there is a strict competition to get a beautiful woman. So, rather than lose in this competition and never get anyone, we changed our view and started learn to see a woman not from physical beauty. The girls know it, and they feel safe.

Actually the girls in my place can feel inferior to other girls who are more beautiful. But it doesn't make them feel 'eliminated'. They still believe that there's must be guys who will come to them too, and they are right. Yes, they believe that personality and their characteris far more superior than their physical looks.

And there is another difference. Teen girls in my place are not obsessed to have boyfriend. They do not think "If I don't have boyfriend, people will regard me as a girl who unwanted by the boys".

Seem like the girls in your place are under pressure to become a girl who really matched with criteria that made by the boys. I begin to understand if they choose extreme way to being slim, vomit the food that they have eaten.

Yeah, as a man who have problem with weight, I know, there's always temptation in diet. Only those who mentally strong who can defeat this temptation. And they are not mentally strong.

JordanLA
01-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Women in The West are always being bombarded with adverts, programmes etc that push this idea of looking and acting a certain way. They're told they must be thin, wear expensive makeup and be flirty. Unfortunately they are being exposed to this at a very early age, so it becomes almost a second nature to behave in this way, this leave alot of girls who don't fit that whole persona to feel left out. I wish I could say most men would rather pick someone based on their character here, but unfortunately it's drilled into the guys too, they're told that they should go for the most attractive girls, which in turn, leave guys trying to get girls who are considered out of their league and then eventually they feel left out. It's a vicious circle :hmm:

Karl
01-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Not fashion industries that make women want to look beautiful, but instinct to look beautiful make people establish fashion industries.

I understand if those women want to be slim. But what makes them choose this extreme way, vomit foods they have eaten?. Is it because they don't believe that diet and sport can make them slim?.

I've ever thinking too about 'level of easiness' in reducing weight between Western and Eastern people. I hear that many adult men in US are over-weight. Frankly, I have problem with weight too.

When I was teen I was a fat boy. In late of my teen age I reduced my weight through diet and sport, then I became slim enough. But I was getting fat again when I got married. But I was not thinking to reduce my weight again because my wife did not mind with it. So, instead of diet I enjoyed delicious foods which cooked by my wife.

After my wife passed away suddenly I felt I was too fat. Then I do light diet and I lost 10 kilograms in three months plus. Actually I could get better result if I more serious.

But maybe people in the West are not so easy like this in reducing their weight.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. These Western women are brainwashed into trying to be something they are not. They even spray on tans these days because they are made to be ashamed of being white. It's always the media and there is always a profit to be made exploiting these weak willed and minded women. When Anglo Saxon (and other Western barbaric races) females do sport they just get bigger and more muscular. Romanesque and or Asian Waifs are very small boned and very slim by nature where as the Germanic races are not. Western women look better well padded, as it covers their heavy set bone structure. The more they starve the more hideous they get. The irony is that most Western men do not want to marry a skinny, bony and sickly looking Western woman. They want them big buxom strong and healthy so they can give them big strong and healthy sons.

Nájlá
01-14-2014, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. These Western women are brainwashed into trying to be something they are not. They even spray on tans these days because they are made to be ashamed of being white. It's always the media and there is always a profit to be made exploiting these weak willed and minded women.
Sadly, it is not only western women this is reaching everywhere. You now have Muslim women doing the same and using Islam to attract Muslim teens into following their way of modest clothing, make up and how to look etc with a hijab that hardly covers their hair. Its sad what society is turning into. Nothing bothers me more than the modest fashion for Muslim ladies. The styling, the posing in photos.

Karl
01-19-2014, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá

Sadly, it is not only western women this is reaching everywhere. You now have Muslim women doing the same and using Islam to attract Muslim teens into following their way of modest clothing, make up and how to look etc with a hijab that hardly covers their hair. Its sad what society is turning into. Nothing bothers me more than the modest fashion for Muslim ladies. The styling, the posing in photos.
Are they having eating disorders too? Yeah vanity is a big problem, even in Iran where they have a strict dress code a lot of women get nose jobs. Some over here wear hijabs make up on and tight jeans. One wonders if they're on the game.

ardianto
01-19-2014, 12:59 AM
I found bulimia happens in Japan too, not only in Western countries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!