/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A true martyr

dcalling
01-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Just read this story on CNN. I consider Aitazaz Hassan Bangash a true Martyr, one who sacrifice himself protecting others.
Question remains as why the suicide bomber targeting school children, which would be prohibited by Quran. I have read Quran that Muslims should not kill people unless in self defense or another condition (can't remember what it is but it should not apply to school children). If the guy behind the attack is Muslim, can he/she still be considered a Muslim after violation of the Quran?

(CNN)
-- A 14-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero in Pakistan for tackling a suicide bomber -- dying at the main gate of his school and saving schoolmates gathered for their morning assembly.

Ninth-grader Aitazaz Hassan Bangash was on his way to the Ibrahimzai School on Monday in the Hangu district of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province when the bomber, dressed in a school uniform, asked him where the school was, the teen's cousin told CNN.
Aitazaz and his cousin, Musadiq Ali Bangash, became suspicious, Musadiq said.
"The other students backed off, but Aitazaz challenged the bomber and tried to catch him. During the scuffle, the bomber panicked and detonated his bomb," he said.
Rajab Ali, who also witnessed the bombing, told CNN that he saw Aitazaz throw a large stone at a boy trying to enter the school. The blast happened when Aitazaz grabbed him, he said.
Aitazaz and the bomber died at the scene. Witnesses say the blast injured two other people.

Iftikhar Ahmed, a Hangu district police officer, confirmed the details of the attack to CNN.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Just addressing this part:

I have read Quran that Muslims should not kill people unless in self defense or another condition (can't remember what it is but it should not apply to school children). If the guy behind the attack is Muslim, can he/she still be considered a Muslim after violation of the Quran?
Being Muslim is a personal relationship between the Person and Allaah(swt) since none of us can see into the heart and thoughts of another person, we can not know who is or is not a Muslim.

We can only give our opinion as to if any specific action is or is not Islamic.

Based on the information I have on this story, the actions of the "Suicide Bomber" do not appear to be Islamic. but, I do not know if the person was a Muslim in his relationship with Allaah(swt)

I condemn the action based upon what I know, but I do not have the power to condemn the person. That is between that person and Allaah(swt) not my decision.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!