/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am such a chicken...

Fainoz
01-13-2014, 12:11 AM
I know that we are supposed to enjoin good and forbid evil, but it is so hard for me.

for example it's maghrib time and people aren't praying, I feel so rude telling a grown person to pray no matter how I put it, no matter how politely. It feels awkward, And even if they pray that time they might not pray the next time, and if you keep reminding someone every salah, you will be implying they are not responsible enough to pray without being told (you know thats the mindset people have) If I remind people for 3 days in a row, I'm too lazy to keep it up and it only makes people subtly annoyed by me

I can remind those are just forgetful, but as far as people who skip more often than they pray, my efforts seem useless, and no one takes me seririously. Even I don't feel comfortable 'being religious' because it is unlike me, and I don't feel qualified, so i feel fake.

Because of my cowardice i feel like i am bearing the burden or other peoples sins on top of mine own. And yes I know our Prophet sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam, went through way more had had bigger burden, but I am no where near as noble or strong in character as even your typical pious believer let alone the Prophet sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam. If I didn't have low self esteem and poor character in the first place, this may have been easier for me.

just needed to vent and any advice would be great

asalamun 'alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arru34
07-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Wa alaikum assalam

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient.

Quran 3 110

You see, it clearly mentions that, first enjoin good, then forbid evil and then you are commanded to believe!

The following video is a good lecture from bro Musa Cerantonio on this issue

I can't post the link of the video.... Type this on youtube
'The Forgotten Obligation - Musa Cerantonio'

And your salam wasn't proper.
You either say, Salamun alaikum or Assalamu alaikum

And Allah a'lam

Hulk
07-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Yes we are suppose to enjoin good and forbid evil but with wisdom.. not carelessly.

greenhill
07-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I guess then I am a chicken too!:hiding:

Big fat chicken... No! Scrawny, tiny scared little shitimsad ..of a chicken.

The trouble is, there's just too much to put right. I'll be the worst nag if I were to 'encourage' and invite, enrol others into doing what Allah bids and avoid what he forbids!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!