/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal/Haram Beef/Chicken - question from living in non-muslim country

animehunter123
01-13-2014, 03:57 AM
ASA,

I have a question. I reside permenantly in a asian country (like china/korea/japan), and...
need some advice:

QUESTION: Can I eat beef/chicken in this country and just say bismillah if I dont know? Or should I change my diet and force my entire family (not everyone is muslim in the house) to only eat fish?

...I researched an learned:

• All meat (chick/beef/whatever) must be slaughtered by muslim and then when you eat it you say bismillah
  • All fish is halal regardless (i think because you cannot hold a fish while it is alive and say shahadah before opening it up).

— Thus...
All the food I loved is actually haram meat (five guys, burger king) etc.. :(
So I must now make a new change in life to do:

• Only eat fish foods
  • No more meat from anything in this country... period.
  • If I am screwed and purchased meat, or had no options on the menu which were halal and no other food nearby... make duat but this is haram so i dont know :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
01-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Have you tried looking for halal sources of meat?

animehunter123
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
I found on the internet there is a place that will ship meat which is halal, but I am scared of getting sick from meat shipped (because it might arrive when I am not home and be left outside).

I will continue to look but I am scared to force my (non-muslim) family to stop eating the regular beef/chicken that they like.

Appreciate your response

Aisha
01-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Assamualaykum,

Could you contact your local Masjid? I'm sure they'd be able to put you in touch with someone who sells halal meat.

It would not be permissible to to recite Bismillah and eat, as this doesn't make the meat halal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abrahamic_seek
11-14-2018, 10:51 AM
This is a debated topic but one opinion is that if you can´'t get halal meat you can buy non halal but the animals must have been treated good. THen say BIsmillah, Allahu akbar.

AabiruSabeel
11-14-2018, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrahamic_seek
This is a debated topic but one opinion is that if you can´'t get halal meat you can buy non halal but the animals must have been treated good. THen say BIsmillah, Allahu akbar.
No, it is not a debated topic. Halal and haram is legislated by Allah :swt: Himself in the Qur'an. Allah :swt: says,

And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned, for indeed, it is grave disobedience. And indeed do the devils inspire their allies [among men] to dispute with you. And if you were to obey them, indeed, you would be associators [of others with Him]. [Al-An'am: 121]

Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. [Al-Ma'idah: 3]

If you cannot find halal meat, then go vegetarian.

The only debate that you will find is whether today's Jews and Christians also slaughter in the name of Allah or not. If they too slaughter in the name of Allah, then it is permissible to eat their food, otherwise it is not permissible.

MazharShafiq
11-14-2018, 03:54 PM
You must look for eating halal, in which you are sure that it is halal or otherwise you can eat vegetables.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!