/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Book about how Technology has impacted our society

Muzamil_Syed
01-14-2014, 03:23 AM
Salaams,

I am a computer science major taking a writing class at a University. I am being asked to write a book essay and the topic I wanted to choose is about modern technology. I want to read more about how technology has effected our time both positively and negatively from a philosophical approach based on logic and not bias. If anyone has any suggestions, it would greatly be appreciated!

Jazakullah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
walaikumasalaam

i can help you with a sociological approach?

Would that be of any benefit?

Muzamil_Syed
01-16-2014, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strivingforgood
walaikumasalaam

i can help you with a sociological approach?

Would that be of any benefit?
yes that would be great :) ! Jazakullah Khair

BeTheChange
01-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Okay i've got my essays saved on my pendrive so i shall post any relevant ones tomorrow insha Allah.

In the meantime have a quick read of the below links

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/spirkin/works/dialectical-materialism/ch01-s04.html

http://greg.quuxuum.org/journal/bryen.html (this is a very good link which links disability and the role of tech in helping people living with 'disability.').

Define technology. What does technology include? start from a historical viewpoint and then follow this with the modern technology that is available...

You could divide the different groups of society and research for facts and evidence (in books or online) in how tech impacts their lives so for example;

- look at gender

- look at age (younger population got an advantage? older generation less likely to pick up these skills?),

- class (how the rich and affluent people are at an advantage as most families have a computer whereas families living in poverty are at a disadvantage and this in turn, affects their chance of finding for jobs online, using computer for education, improving thier social web etc),

- you could look at disability as the above article does (people who are house bound are at an advantage with the use of computers etc and helps them do their shopping online)

- you could also talk about relationships and how the internet has changed the way we communicate with our loved ones and friends. I.e. the arrival of Facebook has changed the way we do friendship/communicate etc

(I've manly focused on the arrival of the computer but you should also discuss other forms of technology)

Hope that helps. I'll post some relevant essays tomorrow insha Allah.

All the best brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmadkhan12
04-28-2014, 12:07 PM
The wisdom behind the revelation and then the compilation of the Glorious Qur'an in a different sequence than its chronological
learn quran online live

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!