/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A refutal of the claims creationists make

Science
01-18-2014, 01:56 AM
There are actually 2 claims I want to talk about. The first is that Evolution violates the law of entropy.
This is easily dismissed by physicists, as this holds only in a closed system. The temperature in an organism is mostly constant, so dS/dt=(1/T)(dQ/dt). Since the temperature is constant, the only way to increase entropy in this case is to have mass or energy added or subtracted from the organism, i.e it is not a closed system. This
gives us dS/dt=c(dm/dt), where S is entropy, c is specific heat, t is time, and m is mass. Because there is
entropy change in organisms, there must be mass added to the system for there to be entropy. Therefore, it is not a closed system. The mass of an organism changes very little, so we can say that entropy changes very
little in an organism.
The second is that it violates the conservation of information. There is no way conservation of information is
Violated by evolution, and it isn't even an official law.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-18-2014, 07:26 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Science;

Ok, I seem to be labelled as one of those annoying creationists, even if evolution happened, there is absolutely no way it could happen without God. The first sentence in the Bible says, 'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.'

This is nothing to do with science, it is faith and trust, I believe this to be a profound truth.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

glo
01-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Evolution theory makes no claim as to whether God is involved or not. It couldn't possibly.

I too believe that God called us individually and the whole world we know into being. But I also believed that he used evolution as a means of doing so. :)

greenhill
01-18-2014, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I too believe that God called us individually and the whole world we know into being. But I also believed that he used evolution as a means of doing so.
Welcome back Glo :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
observer
01-18-2014, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Evolution theory makes no claim as to whether God is involved or not. It couldn't possibly.

I too believe that God called us individually and the whole world we know into being. But I also believed that he used evolution as a means of doing so.
Absolutely, hear hear. There's no reason why you can't believe that god created everything and therefore created evolution. Science can never prove there is no god. I think most scientists would accept that.

Science
01-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Evolution does not have anything to do with god(s).
Evolution does not require a god. There could be a god guiding evolution, but we don't know.
There is no scientific evidence for or against god(s), so we don't know if there is one.

Muhammad
01-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Greetings Science,

There is already a thread about evolution here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ot-answer.html

It seems this one will turn into a repeat, so it is better closed.

format_quote Originally Posted by observer
There's no reason why you can't believe that god created everything and therefore created evolution.
As mentioned in the other thread, it depends on what you mean by evolution.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!