/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Say ' No' to ban veils in UK schools

Muslim Woman
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
:sl:

Voting Link:-
http://t.co/syh9FLkjoH

Jeremy Browne: Ban Muslim women from wearing veils in schools and public places - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk
Britain should consider banning Muslim girls and young women from wearing veils in schools and public places, a Home Office minister has said.
Yes, veils should be banned 6.78% (31,778 votes)

Schools should be able to ban veils if they want to but it should be up to the individual school 3.81% (17,831 votes)

No, everyone should be free to observe their chosen religion 89.41% (418,929 votes)

Total Votes: 468,538

Return To Poll

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Muslim Woman;

I have voted that the veil should not be banned, I am pleased to say that 89 percent of the voters also agreed they should not be banned.

In the spirit of praying to one God

Eric

Muslim Woman
01-23-2014, 08:23 AM

wow, No vote is leading :D

Yes, veils should be banned

6.52% (33,485 votes)

Schools should be able to ban veils if they want to but it should be up to the individual school 3.76% (19,341 votes)

No, everyone should be free to observe their chosen religion 89.72% (461,005 votes)

Total Votes: 513,831

Return To Poll

Eric H
01-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Muslim Woman;

89 percent of the vote is an amazing result, from a poll sponsored by a newspaper.

In the spirit of praying to One God

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
01-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Out of curiosity, seeing as this is for UK schools, would international vote count? As much as I would not support the banning of veil, I would be irked if international pressure is put on my country's domestic matters.

Is that arrogant? After all, it is me that lives here.

:peace:

Independent
01-29-2014, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Out of curiosity, seeing as this is for UK schools, would international vote count?
I don't know if it's technically possible for you to vote or not, but it wouldn't make sense for you to do so. Obviously, if the vote is to have any influence, it needs to be a reflection of local opinion not international. If the poll was significantly shifted by overseas votes it would therefore actually diminish its impact, not increase it - the reverse of your intentions.

greenhill
01-29-2014, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
it wouldn't make sense for you to do so.
It's what I thought. Thank you.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
01-29-2014, 04:20 PM

I see no problem in voting . I think we should give NO vote to create consciousness. I live outside UK and my vote was counted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!