/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about prayer

zakahmed
01-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Hello,

I have two questions about salat prayer, the first is that after darud is it ok to go straight onto salaam or is it compulsory to say a dua?

My second question, if I do recite a dua after darud is this a valid one? - 'allahumma rabbanah..'

Hopefully this is clear but please let me know if its not!

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Salaam,

I'm not sure of the terminology used sometimes. The darud you mentioned is during the atahiyat before the salaams?

Usually dua's are recited after the prayers (can be done during prayers too). I am told that when you dua, to praise Allah first, then salutations to the prophet followed by dua for your parents and then whatever you wish for....

:peace:

Muslim Woman
01-23-2014, 08:02 AM
:sl:

a related link

After the last tashahhud and before salam

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...4-lang-en.html

zakahmed
01-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Thank you for that link!

I couldn't find the dua I was looking for to recite just before salaam from that link ('allahumma rabbanah..') does that mean its for something else?

I have an islamic book that was recommend to me by my mosque, it didn't include a dua and went straight from the darud (allah humma sali allah…) to salam is that incorrect?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-25-2014, 03:10 AM
:sl:

to my knowledge , it's not a must to read dua Masura .

dua-e-masura

dua after durood-e-ibrahim in namaaz
there are 2 kind of dua e masura

Allahumma inni zalamtu nafse zulman kaseeraw
walayagfiruz zunuba illah anta fagfirli
Magfiratam minindika warahamni innaka antal gafurur Rahim.............

ALLAHUM-MAGHFIRLI VALLI WALIDAYYA WALI USTADI WALI

JAMEEIL MOMINEENA WAL-MOMINAATI WAL MUSLIMEENA WAL-MUSLIMATI

AL-AHYA MIN AMWATI INNAKA MUJEEBUD DAWATI BIRAHMATIKA YA
ARHAMAR RAHIMEEN........

read only 1 from above 2 before ending your prayer

http://feroz-lala.blogspot.com/2011/05/dua-e-masura.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!