/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Story of Uwais (Ra) served his mother well

Hamza Asadullah
01-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Story of Uwais (Ra) served his mother well

The Prophet (saw) said to Umar (ra), “O Umar in your time there will be a person by the name of Uwais, his tribe will be called Muraad, his village will be called Qarn. His complexion will be dark. He will be of medium height, and there will be a white mark on his body. Umar and Ali, when he comes ask him to supplicate for you for I swear by Allah, for if the likes of Uwais filled the earth, they cannot equal one hair on the body of Umar and Ali.”

But through this he (saw) wanted to send us a message or make a point. So Umar and Ali stood up in astonishment that they were told to ask Uwais to make dua for them for they were the Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet) and he was a Tabi’ee (The generation after the Sahabah). The Prophet (saw) said,

“He has served his mother so well that whenever he raises his hands to ask Allah, Allah does not send those hands back empty.”

This point is need to be made, that you must be humble in front of your parents. The pace of the work life in the country you live is fast. If one has parents, very few are fortunate to have children who look after them, otherwise they spend their life within the four walls of their house.

This year when I went for the purpose of Dawah in Yemen, I went to the village of Uwais Al Qarni, I saw where he was born, I met with the people of his tribe, I went through the locality marvelling at the fact that Uwais was born here. There are dry mountains there.. dry mountains.

So when Umar (ra) became Khalifah, he would do Hajj every year. Every year he would search for him (Uwais). I don’t know it may be the middle years when Umar (ra) gathered all the pilgrims. Like this… He said for them to stand in front of him, he then requested everyone sit down apart from those who are from Yemen. Then everyone sat down except for the Yemenis. He then said, “Everyone sit down apart from those of the tribe of ‘Muraad” So all the Yemenis sat down apart from those of the Muraad tribe.

Then Umar (ra) said, “Those of the tribe Muraad sit down, those of Qarn remain standing.” Then there remained only one man standing, so he (ra) asked “Are you Qarni?”

He replied, 'Yes'

Umar (ra) replied, “Do you know Uwais?”

He said, ‘I know him, he is my nephews/brothers son, but he’s a bit crazy, why do you ask about him?’

Umar (ra) began to cry and said, “He is not crazy, it seems you are the crazy one.”

He then asked, “Where is he, has he come for Hajj?”

His uncle said, ‘He has come but has gone towards Arafah to graze his camels.’

Umar and Ali then hastened towards Arafah and when they arrived they saw a person praying underneath a tree whilst the camels were grazing around him. They then sat down and waited.

Uwais felt some people were waiting for him, so he shortened his prayer. When he finished Umar (ra) asked him “Who are you?”

He replied ‘I am a worker.’

Umar (ra) asked “What is your name?”

He replied ‘Abdullah (servant of Allah). ‘

Umar then said, “We are all the servants of Allah, I am asking the name which your mother called you with?”

He didn’t recognise this was the Khalifah Umar, and this was Ali, as this was the first time he had came to Hajj. Innocently Uwais said, ‘Who are you to ask me?’ In other words who are you to interview me? Then Ali (ra) said, ”This is Amirul Mumineen Umar bin Khataab and I am Ali bin Abi Talib.” Then he became shocked and made Salaam to them saying ‘I apologise, I did not recognise you.’

Umar (ra) said “Raise your hands (in supplication for us)”

Raise your hands… this is to tell the future generations how to serve their mothers, that the likes of Umar and Ali were asking him to raise his hands.

He exclaimed, ‘How can I raise my hands for you. Me! What is my significance that I make dua for you.’

He heard the reply, “Yes, we were ordered by the Prophet (saw) ; if you see Uwais then you must ask for his dua, when he raises his hands for dua, it is answered.” For what reason? Tahajjud, Jihad, Tableegh, Dhikr, Tilawah, Tasbeeh, Hajj, Umrah, Salah, Fasting, Dhikr, Tilawah… for what reason? No, none of these! Only one reason: Serving his mother.

In another narration it is mentioned when people are going to Jannah, Uwais will be going as well. When he will get to the doors of Jannah it will be said, “Everyone else can proceed apart from Uwais.” Uwais will become scared and will say ‘O Allah, why have you stopped me?’ Allah will say, “You stay, let the rest go. Now in front of you stand the people who are going to hellfire, intercede for them, because of you thousands of people will go to paradise. This is why have stopped you, so that you may intercede, to whomever your finger points to I will give those Jannah”

Pound (money) is not everything, mothers are valuable too. Pounds are not everything, fathers are valuable too!

SO MAKE YOUR PARENTS PROUD!!!

Transcribed from the Lecture of Maulana Tariq Jameel

Source: http://www.eaalim.com/download/index...m_medium=Email

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
01-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Usair b. Jabir reported that when people from Yemen came to help (the Muslim army at the time of jihad) he asked them: Is there amongst you Uwais b. 'Amir? (He continued finding him out) until he met Uwais. He said: Are you Uwais b., Amir? He said: Yes. He said: Are you from the tribe of Qaran? He said: Yes. He (Hadrat) 'Umar (again) said: Did you suffer from leprosy and then you were cured from it but for the space of a dirham? He said: Yes. He ('Umar) said: Is your mother (living)? He said: Yes. He ('Umar) said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say: There would come to you Uwais b. Amir with the reinforcement from the people of Yemen. (He would be) from Qaran, (the branch) of Murid. He had been suffering from leprosy from which he was cured but for a spot of a dirham. His treatment with his mother would have been excellent. If he were to take an oath in the name of Allah, He would honour that. And if it is possible for you, then do ask him to beg forgiveness for you (from your Lord). So he (Uwais) begged forgiveness for him. Umar said: Where do you intend to go? He said: To Kufa. He ('Umar) said: Let me write a letter for you to its governor, whereupon he (Uwais) said: I love to live amongst the poor people. When it was the next year, a person from among the elite (of Kufa) performed Hajj and he met Umar. He asked him about Uwais. He said: I left him in a state with meagre means of sustenance. (Thereupon) Umar said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would come to you Uwais b. 'Amir, of Qaran, a branch (of the tribe) of Murid, along with the reinforcement of the people of Yemen. He had been suffering from leprosy which would have been cured but for the space of a dirham. His treatment with his mother would have been very kind. If he would take an oath in the name of Allah (for something) He would honour it. Ask him to beg forgiveness for you (from Allah) in case it is possible for you. So he came to Uwais and said.: Beg forgiveness (from Allah) for me. He (Uwais) said: You have just come from a sacred journey (Hajj) ; you, therefore, ask forgiveness for me. He (the person who had performed Hajj) said: Ask forgiveness for me (from Allah). He (Uwais again) said: You have just come from the sacred journey, so you ask forgiveness for me. (Uwais further) said: Did you meet Umar? He said: Yes. He (Uwais) then begged forgiveness for him (from Allah). So the people came to know about (the status of religious piety) of Uwais. He went away (from that place). Usair said: His clothing consisted of a mantle, and whosoever saw him said: From where did Uwais get this mantle? 6172 Kitab Al-Fadail Al-Sahabah Sahih Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!