/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ant wing decoy

جوري
01-24-2014, 01:38 AM
sobhan Allah

http://www.itsokaytobesmart.com/post...ant-wing-decoy

Go to LinkPop-upView Separately

Goniurellia tridens is the “come at me bro” of fruit flies, carrying two menacing ant shapes as a defensive display.
If you missed it last night, check out these amazingly-disguised moths and butterflies that I saw on a tour of UF’s Lepidoptera collection last weekend. Just when I think I’ve found the coolest decoy coloring, I see something like this … what else ya got, nature?

sure 'Nature' gave this fly two wings with graffiti of ants...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aisha
01-24-2014, 02:18 AM
SubhanAllah that's amazing. I love finding out about the the wonders of Allah's creation, so much to ponder over alhamdulillah.

جزاك الله خيرًا for sharing :)

observer
01-24-2014, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
sure 'Nature' gave this fly two wings with graffiti of ants...
That's right - it did. I think it did very well, too, don't you?

Insaanah
01-24-2014, 12:37 PM
:jz: for sharing. At first I thought they were real ants that a photographer had somehow managed to capture, one under each wing.

format_quote Originally Posted by observer
No. As you already know from being a member here, we don't believe that mother nature or mother earth nor any other type of mother being or force that people may perceive to be responsible for this type of thing, did anything. We believe that Allah is the Creator, and we reflect on the signs of His existence in the universe around us, Glorified and Exalted be He.

Please let's not turn this thread into another debate, and just let those who wish to, appreciate and marvel Allah's creation. Thank you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
observer
01-24-2014, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
No. As you already know from being a member here, we don't believe that mother nature or mother earth nor any other type of mother being or force that people may perceive to be responsible for this type of thing, did anything. We believe that Allah is the Creator, and we reflect on the signs of His existence in the universe around us, Glorified and Exalted be He.
But what I (and most other atheists) believe does not exclude god from being the one that created the laws that produce such beauty. One could say that the underlying laws of nature are the ultimate expression of god's genius.

Hulk
01-24-2014, 08:35 PM
But what I (and most other atheists) believe does not exclude god from being the one that created the laws that produce such beauty. One could say that the underlying laws of nature are the ultimate expression of god's genius.
Muslims do not subscribe to deism, did you not get this from the many postings in the recently closed thread on evolution?

جوري
01-24-2014, 08:50 PM
But what I (and most other atheists) believe
perhaps this is the wrong forum for you? :)

best,

observer
01-24-2014, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Muslims do not subscribe to deism, did you not get this from the many postings in the recently closed thread on evolution?
I think you may be missing the point.

Hulk
01-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I think you may be missing the point.
First you intentionally attribute the origin of the insect to "nature" knowing full well muslims attribute it to God.
As seen below
Then you are reminded that muslims attribute the origin of the insect to God and no other force, and then you are asked not to turn this thread into a debate thread. To which you responded
If you are not asking us to subscribe to deism, then what are you asking us to do? Seems that you are trying to say is that "The insect is produced through evolution and its ok for you to attribute it's existence to evolution because it is possible that God created the laws that produce evolution."

If this is the argument you are trying to put forth, then it would seem that much of the posts in the closed thread has been lost on you. I can let it slide that perhaps you as a non-muslim might have trouble understanding the concept that effect has no power on it's own to have a cause.

However you have no excuse if even after such a lengthy discussion all you have in mind is "Muslims reject evolution entirely. So I should try to make them understand that evolution is possible and that it's ok for them to believe in it."

Once again, let's not turn this into another debate thread. The beauty of the insect can be seen clearly without me having to subscribe to your beliefs whatever it may be, and you do not have to subscribe to mine.

observer
01-24-2014, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk

First you intentionally attribute the origin of the insect to "nature" knowing full well muslims attribute it to God.
As seen below

Then you are reminded that muslims attribute the origin of the insect to God and no other force, and then you are asked not to turn this thread into a debate thread. To which you responded

If you are not asking us to subscribe to deism, then what are you asking us to do? Seems that you are trying to say is that "The insect is produced through evolution and its ok for you to attribute it's existence to evolution because it is possible that God created the laws that produce evolution."

If this is the argument you are trying to put forth, then it would seem that much of the posts in the closed thread has been lost on you. I can let it slide that perhaps you as a non-muslim might have trouble understanding the concept that effect has no power on it's own to have a cause.

However you have no excuse if even after such a lengthy discussion all you have in mind is "Muslims reject evolution entirely. So I should try to make them understand that evolution is possible and that it's ok for them to believe in it."

Once again, let's not turn this into another debate thread. The beauty of the insect can be seen clearly without me having to subscribe to your beliefs whatever it may be, and you do not have to subscribe to mine.
What I'm saying is that whatever your belief, the end result is the same; something to be admired and wondered at.

But yeah, another discussion of evolution is not needed so I'll sign out here.

syed_z
01-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Nice Share...SubhanAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!