/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone translate this pls?

جوري
01-31-2014, 01:56 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
01-31-2014, 11:53 AM
I think it is Persian but I'm not too sure. I don't understand many of the words. You may want to use translate.com to translate it.

جوري
02-01-2014, 12:44 AM
it is persian yes, but I can't copy it into translate otherwise I'd have done so because I can't cut and paste this..:D

Muhaba
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Tried to type it up:

اين بنايي ست كه سي قرن بپاست
سند قدمت و مليّت ما ست
فلكش دست ب تركيب نا برد
آسانش نتوانست سژد

Translation doesn't seem correct. Something like: This building that is thirty centuries old / document our history and is our nationality / the universe ... failed to ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Thank you sis :jz: it is very kind of you to do it and you've done an excellent job :)

Signor
02-02-2014, 05:18 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

You can't get the best of Shelley and Keats from a translated work,same goes for poetry in Persian or Arabic.Translated work is kind of injustice to a poet in my opinion.Here is a rough translation:

This structure has been standing for 3000 years
It shows our antiquity and nationality
The sphere did not change it
nor can it do to it's sky

Taken from تخت جمشید
By Shams-i-Tabrīzī.In English the place in image(for which the poetry is all about) is known as Persepolis or The Throne of Jamshid

Signor
02-02-2014, 03:03 PM
If you don't mind,Would you like to tell why you need this translation?

جوري
02-02-2014, 04:54 PM
No translation ever does any work justice, in fact let me share a site where they give you the translation, literal and then give you the meaning:

http://okonlife.com/poems/index.htm

actually, further shows how in spite of the fact that the Noble Quran is translated into many languages it still continues to captivate people over the entire globe for its relevance and transcendence.
As for why I want the translation. I was browsing poetry by Persian writers and came upon the image and it captivated me. It looked like the death towers and I wanted to know if it had anything to do with it.

جوري
02-02-2014, 05:02 PM
I have also often wondered if Jamshid were the prophet Solomon as there are many similarities to the stories..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!