/* */

PDA

View Full Version : vow to wear dishdasha

old_hippie
01-31-2014, 01:55 PM
Hello everybody,I'm new here and do have a question.
I like wearing dishdasha and was wondering if it is possible
to vow to wear dishdasha all the time.
I wear dishdasha all the time
and I do like the idea of wearing dishdasha allways
and knowing that if I were to vow to that
I would always be in dishdasha

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
01-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Your profile setting says you are not a Muslim. Is that correct?

If it is correct, then I am confused why you would like Muslims' opinion on making a vow.

old_hippie
01-31-2014, 02:05 PM
I have asked because I have been asked if I wear
dishdasha because of being required or taking a vow to.
I have also asked at some non Muslim forums as
I would like to know if it is possible to vow to or
be required to wear dishdasha

Muslim Woman
01-31-2014, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by old_hippie
.... if it is possible to vow to or

possible according to whom or what belief ? U want to make a vow to please whom ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
01-31-2014, 04:09 PM
I have asked because I have been asked if I wear
dishdasha because of being required or taking a vow to.
Perhaps it would be best to reply by saying you wear it because you like it.

I have also asked at some non Muslim forums as
I would like to know if it is possible to vow to or
I do not know why you would wish to make life difficult for yourself by making such a vow, and still do not understand why you are asking Muslims if you do not believe in their faith.

old_hippie
01-31-2014, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Perhaps it would be best to reply by saying you wear it because you like it.

I do not know why you would wish to make life difficult for yourself by making such a vow, and still do not understand why you are asking Muslims if you do not believe in their faith.
why would it be making life difficult vowing to remain in dishdasha?
and as far as asking Muslims it is allways
good to hear defernt opinions and vewes on things
and to keep an open mind

glo
01-31-2014, 08:01 PM
Welcome old hippie. :welcome:

Can I ask what dishdasha means?
And who you would vow to wear it to? And why?

old_hippie
01-31-2014, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Welcome old hippie. :welcome:

Can I ask what dishdasha means?
And who you would vow to wear it to? And why?
thobe,kaftan,kurta
I do like wearing Dishdasha
I would vow to God to wear Dishdasha allways

Muhammad
01-31-2014, 08:45 PM
why would it be making life difficult vowing to remain in dishdasha?
It would be making something compulsory on yourself unnecessarily. There may be occasions when wearing a dishdasha would be highly difficult or even impossible, therefore it would become hard to uphold your vow at all times. There is simply no need for it.

God has given us guidance to live our lives in the best way. Everything that is good for us, He has told us to do, and everything that is bad for us He has told us to keep away from. The wise person is the one who adheres to these guidelines to the best of his ability. We should not seek to change what is allowed/disallowed and bring hardship upon ourselves. But you should concern yourself with more important matters first, like the correct belief regarding God and fulfilling your purpose in life.

glo
01-31-2014, 11:25 PM
I would vow to God to wear Dishdasha allways
Why?

Don't get me wrong it looks very comfortable and I see many men wear it in my own town.
By why make that promise to God? Even if you were a Muslim I would ask that question. God doesn't say anywhere that you should wear this.
So why make that vow?

old_hippie
01-31-2014, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Why?

Don't get me wrong it looks very comfortable and I see many men wear it in my own town.
By why make that promise to God? Even if you were a Muslim I would ask that question. God doesn't say anywhere that you should wear this.
So why make that vow?
true,I was just wondering if something like that was possible is all

glo
02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
true,I was just wondering if something like that was possible is all
I don't think there is anything Islamic about it - other than the garment having Middle Eastern origin.
I don't think it's like wearing hijab for women.

Insaanah
02-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I Ron Hanneman by the grace of God do
vow to remain in dishdasha at all times
So you're going to have a bath while wearing it? All times mean all times. What if you needed to go into hospital and have an emergency operation? Your dishdasha would not be allowed, you'd be in a theatre gown. Vow broken. With all due respect, you're barking up the wrong tree. The matter of which god you took the vow to is an entirely different thing altogether. If you are asking us, such practices and making of unnecessary vows and forbidding on yourself those things which God made lawful, is not allowed. If you want our opinion, as Muslims, which you asked for, then know that it is not ok, and such practices are not approved of or sanctioned.

What do you know about Islam?

THE CONCEPT OF GOD IN ISLAM

There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, Cherisher, and Lord.

He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.

He is eternal and does not die.

He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.

There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.

He did not and does not, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.

He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, no intermediaries, and no denying of God's existence either.

There are no sharers or associates or persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense.

As Muslims, witchcraft and sorcery are forbidden.

God sent messengers throughout time to guide and warn mankind, the last of these prophets being Muhammad (peace be upon him), the scripture given to him being unchanged and fully preserved for all mankind. After this life, after we die, we will be resurrected on the day of judgement and called to account for our deeds. Your beliefs regarding God, and which faith you follow, are the biggest, most serious and most important decisions you will ever make, as this life will end one day for all of us, and our position regarding God and His messengers is what makes or breaks our hereafter, which is forever.

I invite you, to learn more about Islam, and to come to the straight path.

sister herb
02-01-2014, 09:08 PM
I am wondering why you want to vow something what is not even very important part of the life, like using some kind of piece of clotch? Why not vow that you will use your free times for volunteer works as helping others, for example. Of my mind (sorry just my own opinion) making kind of "vows" doesn´t mean to God (or Allah) very much at all.

^o)

Signor
02-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Hello everybody,I'm new here and do have a question.
I like wearing dishdasha and was wondering if it is possible
to vow to wear dishdasha all the time.
I wear dishdasha all the time
and I do like the idea of wearing dishdasha allways
and knowing that if I were to vow to that
I would always be in dishdasha
Hello old_hippie

Muslim or Non Muslim,No one can compel you to wear anything unless its your own will.Without being rude,you are free to wear dishdasha.However,did you ever gave a thought about deities you summon and/or worship(some of which you call as "god").Yes,they seems to be immortal,few of them possess massive powers,they came from other dimensions.But Who created THEM(don't confuse it with who is their father;I know the answer) and Who created YOU?

Its a fundamental question of life and one needs to reflect over it.

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!