/* */

PDA

View Full Version : World Hijab Day

glo
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Today is World Hijab Day.

“Walk a day in my shoes.” This is where WHD comes in. What is that you ask? WHD is short for World Hijab Day. This second annual event will be held on February 1st, 2014 (God willing). On this day, we ask Non-Muslim and Non-Hijabi Muslim women worldwide to observe Hijab for a day. It will be a day for everyone willing to experience what it’s like to step inside the shoes of a Hijabi. Our hopes are no less than that. We wish you will gain a wealth of knowledge and experience a slightly different definition of FREEDOM.
What are your thoughts on this? Is it a good idea?

Certainly some of the stories I have read on the website (from Muslim and non-Muslim women alike) are very moving.

:muslimah::muslimah::muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Wow, only knew when the day is in its last throes! It's 48 minutes to midnight. . . .

Hope it went well. Wonder how many tried?

:peace:

glo
02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
It's nearly midnight in Malaysia already?
Never mind ... you still have 48 minutes to wear hijab, greenhill! :p

greenhill
02-01-2014, 03:19 PM
:D;D:haha:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taabuu
02-03-2014, 09:35 AM

ardianto
02-06-2014, 12:08 AM
I will imagine if I was a woman and wear hijab. What would I feel.

(..... imagine .... imagine ..... imagine ....)

I don't feel something unusual.

But, wait! ..... it's because I still live in Indonesia!. Okay, I will imagine if I was hijabi woman who lived in a Western country. How people would see me, what they think on me.

(..... imagine ..... imagine ...... imagine ......)

I don't know. I can't imagine it.

But I am sure, what I feel as hijabi who lived in a Western country must be different than if I was a hijabi in a Muslim majority country.

:)

glo
02-06-2014, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But I am sure, what I feel as hijabi who lived in a Western country must be different than if I was a hijabi in a Muslim majority country.
Perhaps it feels more special? Because it is less common? (I don't know either and I am guessing too. I guess the only people who would really know, are hijabis who have lived in Muslim and non-Muslim countries ...) :)

Taabuu
02-13-2014, 07:20 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!