/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 10 Recommended Books to Read

CA TEAM
02-02-2014, 02:56 PM
10 Recommended Books to Read

1. Quran (we should read Quran everyday)
2. Sealed Nectar
3. Sahih Bukar
4. Sahih Muslim
5. Sunan Abu Dawud
6. Sunan Ibn I-Majah
7. Sunan Nasa'i.
8. Provisions for the Hereafter (Zad-ul Ma'ad,) by Ibn Qayyim al-Jauziyyah
9. Companions of the Prophet by Abdul Wahid Hamid
10. The Revival of the Religious Sciences Imam Ghazali

Please recommend a book so that we all benefit from it and also gain ajir inshAllah

Ma'assalam
CA TEAM
Fathi
================================================== ====
CordobaAcademy.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
02-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Have a look at this pool of study resources.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1604457

Nur Student
02-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Ash-Shifa'ush-Shareef by Kadi Iyad (on Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). This is one of the best and most authentic books to get to know our Prophet, his character, collective personality, spiritual rank etc.)

InToTheRain
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nur Student
Ash-Shifa'ush-Shareef by Kadi Iyad (on Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). This is one of the best and most authentic books to get to know our Prophet, his character, collective personality, spiritual rank etc.)
:sl:

How many volumes is that book? The most comprehensive one I read so on the life of the Rasool-Allah(SAW) has been 7 volumes, here is a link to it:

http://islamicbooks7.com/products/ZIA%252dUN%252dNABI-%252d-Life-of-Prophet-Muhammad,-Peace-%26-Blessings-upon-him,By-Ziya-al%252dUmmah%3B-Justice-Pir-Muhammad-Karam-Shah-al%252dAzharirahmatullahi-'alayhi.html

I Highly recommend it.

Also Imam Ghazali(RA)'s saviour from error:
http://www.amazon.com/Savior-Error-A.../dp/1882216318

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur Student
02-10-2014, 04:34 AM
It is only one volume. Concise in words, deep in meaning. Here is an introduction to the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Ash-Shifa-Qadi.../dp/B000KYCYSC

The famous 6th century Hijra classical text Ash-Shifa is widely accepted as the best, most comprehensive and most important book about the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. Its full Arabic title is Ash-Shifa' bi-ta'rif huquq Mustafa ("Healing by the Recognition of the Rights of the Chosen One"). Qadi Iyad writes in the Introduction: "You have repeatedly asked me to write something which gathers together all that is necessary to acquaint the reader with the true stature of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, with the esteem and respect which is due to him, and with the verdict regarding anyone who does not fulfill what his stature demands or who attempts to denigrate his supreme status - even by as much as a nail-paring. I have been asked to compile what our forebears and Imams have said on this subject and I will amplify it with ayats from the Qur'an and other examples." This masterly translation by Aisha Bewley has become almost as well known as the Arabic original in modern times, and has served a whole generation of English-speaking Muslims as their means of acquiring knowledge of the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.

Nur Student
02-10-2014, 04:59 AM
I also strongly recommend Bediuzzaman Said Nursi's Risale-i Nur Collection for those who feel any kind of weakness in faith or have any doubts about Islamic practices, and want to strengthen their eeman (faith) and yaqeen (conviction). His books will not only convince the reader about the pillars of faith, but also wipe out any doubts and scruples pertaining to the truthfulness of Islam, Allah willing.

To get a little bit of insight about Bediuzzaman, here is a nice introduction of him by Shaykh Muhammad Musa ash-Shareef:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmAAg...q1QlZQ&index=1

Ahmad H
02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Honestly, the "Sealed Nectar" doesn't seem so great. The best biographies on the Holy Prophet (saw) are the classical ones. They are translated to English, such as "Life of Muhammad", Muhammad ibn Sad's biography and Ibn Kathir's biography on the Holy Prophet (saw). They are much better, detailed and therefore much more worthy of reading.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!