/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Journey Back to Islam

Decart
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Assalamu alaikum.. hello everyone..

I'm happy to be in this lovely Islamic board and I hope to be an active member here..

Even though I was born in an Arab Muslim family, doubts, unanswered questions and confusion had overcome my faith in my early youth. I started to lose my belief in Islam gradually, I stopped praying, and I reached the depressing state in which I lost my faith in the existence of God. I found myself irreligious and with no higher goal or method to guide my life. I was almost certain that I cant be a Muslim again, so I started looking for other ideas that might match what I feel is right.

I stayed like this for a long miserable time, until God has blessed with an overwhelmingly beautiful and life-saving gift. I read the writings of an Arab Muslim thinker that skillfully touched my heart and defeated my doubts. At first I read his Islamic articles motivated by curiosity and I found them increasingly interesting. I read some of his long debates with atheists and non-muslims and I couldn't help myself agreeing with his Islamic ideas and his sound reason and moral arguments. almost all my doubts and questions about the existence of God were gradually clearing up, I don't exactly know how but they were almost gone. I hadn't decided to be a muslim and surrender to God yet, but I started to think like a Muslim and judge all other ideas by the Quranic view. I find myself feeling that Islam is true, that it provides the highest moral and most logical method of life. After I realzed that I was almost completely occupied by the ideas of that Muslim thinker, and that my faith in the existence of God is restored, I made up my mind and prayed my first prayer alone in my room, it was an Isha prayer. after years of confusion and doubts I was finally able to prostrate to God.

I owe my regaining of faith and finding the right path in life to My Merciful God, then to this anonymous Muslim thinker who writes by the nickname : الوراق "Al-Warraq". That's why I intended to learn more English during the last 3 years or so to be able to translate his writings to the world, hoping they will help people to find the path of God as they continue to help me. I asked Al-warraq's permission to translate and publish his articles in some English speaking forums, and he welcomed the idea and he will personally reply to comments on his posts on this forum.

I chose this lovely forum as one of the forum on which I post my humble translations of Al-Warraq's articles by the nickname: Al-Warraq. I have posted a few threads already, and I wish you criticize my translation and notify me of any mistakes.

God bless you all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
02-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Salaam Sister.

Let me be the first to introduce you not only to Islam, but to this forum.

:welcome: Feel free to post any questions you have regarding Islam. I may not know all the answers, but I guarantee you the other members of this forum will Inshallah.

Muhaba
02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Welcome back! Glad to have you here. Looking forward to reading this great writer's work إن شاء الله

~Zaria~
02-02-2014, 08:30 PM
:salam: sister,

Welcome to the forum and back to Allah's true deen :)

Alhamdulillah, imaan is the most precious gift that Allah can bestow upon His servants - so hold tightly onto it in shaa Allah.

I look forward to reading the articles by brother Al-Warraq.

May Allah reward him and yourself for the efforts made to spread the word of Islam to others.
Ameen.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
welcome!!

Decart
02-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Thanks a lot icee, dreamin, zaria and crimsontide for your warm welcome, and thanks for notifying me that I chose "female" by mistake! :) I'm a male actually and I told the moderators to correct my mistake.

I have already posted some article by the username "Al-Warraq" here but I can't post links just yet.

I really appreciate your generous welcome guys.

Nájlá
02-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Marhbah bik akhi. Insh'allah wa bithnillah nit3lam minak wa enta tit3lam min al members huna. It's wonderful to hear that you came back to islam. Indeed with true islamic knowledge imaan strengthens. Looking forward to your post and hope that they guide people just like you have been guided back to islam.

:welcome: and enjoy your stay.

And I'll go and check your other threads so I can learn too. :)

Taabuu
02-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Welcome back to this great religion, bro.
Islam is a religion about peace, love and righteousness, you will learn to live a life of purity, integrity, honesty and altruity.
This great religion will only help you bring out the BEST in yourself.
It is a religion straight from the soul that will elevate you to heights beyond imagination

greenhill
02-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the forum.

To 'Al Warraq' too!

:peace:

Scimitar
02-03-2014, 08:23 PM
a welcome addition to the forum, Assalaam alaikum,

Can you translate the works of this person named Al Warraq? I am very interested to read the work in English, in sha Allah,

Scimi

Decart
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
I deeply feel grateful for all this encouraging acceptance from all of you.. I actually didnt expect it..

And I apologize for not making myself clear to many of you. Al-warraq is a member in this forum already and he has posted a few of his articles here but I can't post their links since I'm a new member, those posts were translated by me because Al-warraq doesnt speak English quite well.

I'm working on translating quite a long article of Al-warraq right now, when I'm done he'll post it in this lovely forum inshalla..

Nájlá
02-03-2014, 10:19 PM
^ Thanks akhi for making that clear. I've gone to find out threads by Al-Warraq because I personally want to think of things differently and gain more understanding to strengthen my emaan. I must say from reading the first thread I am looking forward to more. And a big thank you for translating them. The thread I read is THIS You all should check it out.

Decart
02-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Thank you all for your amazing words and encouragement, because of which I was motivated even more to work on translating Al-Warraq's articles, and thanks to God I finally finished translating one of the articles that really convinced my mind about the existence of God. Al-Warraq has posted it in the Miscellaneous forum, titled: How Can We Know God?

I wish you benefit from it as I did, and hope you notify me of any error in translation since probably all of you speak better English than I do..

MustafaMc
02-09-2014, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Decart
After I realzed that I was almost completely occupied by the ideas of that Muslim thinker, and that my faith in the existence of God is restored, I made up my mind and prayed my first prayer alone in my room, it was an Isha prayer. after years of confusion and doubts I was finally able to prostrate to God.
Welcome to the forum. Alhamdulillah, that you were guided back to Islam. Belief in God is essential to the Islamic faith, but this faith does not come to all in the same manner. Sometimes, one drifts away before being guided back, perhaps to an even stronger iman than before.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!