Assalâmou 'alaykoum,

Just want to know if I can use "a burkini" in a swimming pool in UK

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Independent
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kadia
Just want to know if I can use "a burkini" in a swimming pool in UK
I doubt that there is a national policy so it will depend on each pool and even on who happened to be on duty that day. You stand more chance of it being accepted if you're in a Muslim community area but people may still object. You would be breaking the normal rules of acceptable swimwear (rules which would have been composed without Muslims in mind). So if you do it, you have to accept the possibility of an argument.

This Telegraph report describes an opposite situation where wearing a burkini was made compulsory in specific sessions in Croydon, South London:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-burkinis.html

Kadia
02-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks for your answer.

InchaAllah, there will not be any problem.

Kadia
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I will go tomorrow

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
02-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Waalikum Assalaam

Keep in mind,We do have Non Muslim members and their opinion is stemming from what they believe(Right or Wrong is not the issue here). Though I am wondering how Independent is able to post here(Moderators,Take Notes). Any way,here is a religious verdict on wearing burkini:

Scholars mentioned the description of the woman's dress that it should be long, thick, not transparent, baggy, not tight or showing the details of the body. The burkini swimsuit shows the details of the woman's body and when she swims and the suit becomes wet, it shows the body details more. Therefore, it is not permissible for the woman to wear this type of clothes before her Mahram relatives, let alone non-Mahram men. The sin is further aggravated and the prohibition is emphasized when a woman wears the burkini on public beaches.
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=131471

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!