/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Houris ?

truthseeker63
02-06-2014, 02:44 PM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is i know Islamic texts talk about the Houris ok therefor my question is these Women called Houris since every Man likes different looks on Women could he choose what they look like i meant i heard the Quran says a person can have anything they want in Jannaah right ? Also i heard 72 is only for martyrs all men can get 2 ? Also is the number 72 litteral or symbol ? Do Houris only look one way ? I am curious.

Will I have anything I wish in jannah? For example I’d like to have galaxies in jannah. I am curious to know about jannah ?

Therein is all that souls desire…

In the Quranic verses, Allah the Almighty states that any desires of man will be given in jannah.
"Therein are brought round for them trays of gold and goblets, and therein is all that souls desire and eyes find sweet. And ye are immortal therein." (Surah al Zuhruf)

Narrated Abu Hurairah:

"The lowest place of any of you in Jannah will be that Allah will tell him to express his wish. He will wish and wish again. Allah will then ask him: `Have you expressed your wish?' He will answer: `Yes, I have.' Allah will say: `You will have what you have wished for and the like thereof along with it.''' (Muslim)
Narrated Abu Hurairah [ra]:

"I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen and no ear has heard, nor has it occurred to the human heart. Thus, recite if you wish, ‘And no soul knows what joy has been kept hidden for them."’
(Sahih al-Bukhari, Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, and ibn Majah, Surah Al Sajdah, 32: 17)
" A similitude of the Garden which those who keep their duty (to Allah) are promised: Therein are rivers of water unpolluted, and rivers of milk whereof the flavour changeth not, and rivers of wine delicious to the drinkers, and rivers of clear- run honey; therein for them is every kind of fruit, with pardon from their Lord. (Are those who enjoy all this) like those who are immortal in the Fire and are given boiling water to drink so that it teareth their bowels ?" (Surah al Muhammad, 15)

The last person entering the jannah will have what equals the world and ten times as much

Narrated Abdullah (ra):
‘I know the person who will be the last to come out of the Hellfire and the last to enter Jannah. He will be a man who will come out of the Hellfire crawling, and Allah will say to him, ‘Go and enter Jannah." He will go to it, but will imagine that it has been filled, and then he will re turn and say, "Oh Lord, I have found it full." Allah will say, "Go and enter Jannah, and you will have what equals the world and ten times as much (you will have as much as ten times the like of the world)." On that, the man will say, "Do you mock at me (laugh at me) though You are the King?" I saw Allah’s Messenger (SAW) (while saying that) smiling that his premolar teeth became visible. It is said that will be the lowest degree among the people of Jannah." (Sahih al-Bukhari)

http://askaquestionto.us/question-answer/thehereafter/will-anything-we-desire-be-given-in-jannah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Green Birds
02-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Walaikum Salaam

Muhammad(saws) said - “The lowest of the people of Paradise in status will be a man whose face Allah will turn away from the Fire towards Paradise, and make a shady tree appear before him. … Then he will enter his house and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will enter after him. They will say: ‘Praise be to Allah Who has created you for us and us for you.’ And he will say: ‘No one has been given the like of that which I have been given.’” Narrated by Muslim, 188.

Allah is well aware of what your souls desire - and you will be satisfied with what you are given... as shown in the hadith above.. ((and 2 hoors are minimum as shown above))

The beauty of the spouse will keep increasing... and you will be pleased..

"In Paradise there is a market to which the people will come every Friday, then a wind will come from the north and blow on their faces, and clothes, and they will increase in beauty. Then they will return to their wives, who will also have increased in beauty. Their wives will say to them, "By Allah, you increased in beauty after you left us." And they will say, "And you too, by Allah, you have increased in beauty since you left us." [Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Jannah]

72 hoors for martyrs only - and its literal ((Tirmidhi 1663 - Classed as saheeh by Albaani))

But 72 is not the highest number of hooris mentioned..

“A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.

A siddeeq is in a higher status compared to a martyr..

----

if you wish for something - you would definitely get it
But - you would only wish for things that is limited to your desires i.e a person in the lowest level of paradise wouldn't be wishing to be in the highest one

All that I said which is correct is from Allah SWT
All that I said which is incorrect is from myself or shaytan((and I stand corrected if i made any mistakes))

truthseeker63
02-06-2014, 10:41 PM
What if a Man never got married in this life he was always single and dies goes to Jannaah can he still get a human wife from or of earth somehow or not ? I read that Women are superior to the Houris therefor I guess it scares me a bit since Im still single that what if I died today without being married the 2 Houris I know that but a Man who has a Wife in this life gets 3 his wife and the 2 Houris ? Anywayy also what if a Woman never got married but wanted to thank you ?

truthseeker63
02-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Someone wrote here If you prefer dark-skin, the hoors will be dark skinned. You will get whatever you desire in jannah.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8122225AAj8LBU

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmad H
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
What if a Man never got married in this life he was always single and dies goes to Jannaah can he still get a human wife from or of earth somehow or not ? I read that Women are superior to the Houris therefor I guess it scares me a bit since Im still single that what if I died today without being married the 2 Houris I know that but a Man who has a Wife in this life gets 3 his wife and the 2 Houris ? Anywayy also what if a Woman never got married but wanted to thank you ?
The short answer is yes, there is a text in which Sheikh Syed Abdul Qadir Jilani (ra) explained the details about Jannah and Jahannam. In it he said how every man is wedded to two wives from the daughters of Adam (as). No one knows about there being three or more, it could be that at least two wives from the daughters of Adam (as) are married, but I can't confirm that. That would be something to leave to Allah to decide, obviously. From sources, we know its two though.

As for women in general, believing wives who have disbelieving husbands are married to others in Jannah, as far as I know. There was a Hadith I read which said how Asiya (the wife of Pharaoh) will be married to someone else in Paradise and thus inherited. This is much like how believers inherit the spaces in Paradise which would have been there for the disbelievers. No one knows exactly what this all means or exactly how it will transpire, but as far as the sources are concerned, this is what I have read from them.

As for the 72 Houris thing, 72 could be some exact number or it might indicate many women. The beauty the houris are described to have are indicative of the nature of their beauty, not what they look like exactly. When it says in the Ahadith that one could see through them, it only means to describe how beautiful they are in that expression. It might have something to do with the ancient Arabic expressions of beauty or perhaps some form of beauty described in pre-Islamic poetry used as well. But, the scholars have explained it this way. An example of why their actual beauty cannot be expressed, is because some narrations explain that the light of the houris is actually the light of Allah Himself. That is what shines from them. This is why their gaze is considered so highly beautiful.

I will end off your questions about the houris by saying one thing for you to think about, and thinking about it will rest your heart at ease. All of the rewards anyone gets in Paradise, is based upon his deeds. This is why the Holy Qur'an says that a man would eat some of the fruit in Paradise, and then say "I have had this before!" (or something like that, not at all a translation of any verse). This does not mean we only get the fruits we had in this world. Paradise is beyond what we can understand, the Holy Qur'an caters to what we know, but we will only know what it truly means when we reach there, In sha' Allah. That being said, the fruits the man exclaims about having eaten them before, means that he experienced the delight of the good deeds he did in this world, and this is expressed in that fruit he ate. What we do in this life, in effect is left as some resemblance to enjoy later on. The reality of this is beyond us, but what is for sure is that nothing in the Qur'an we read about can be understood fully about Paradise. It is very explanatory, and sufficient, but it says that no eye has seen it, no mind has conceived of it before and no one has heard of what is actually there. This does not mean the Qur'an doesn't explain anything about it, but it shows that even with the description we are given, it does not fully account for what is there.

So reflect on this. Think it over and you will see that no matter how much you try to comprehend how Paradise is, you can't. It is just impossible. And this impossibility is mentioned in the Holy Qur'an, in that famous Hadith by Hazrat Abu Huraira (ra) and the fact that "no soul knows what delights are kept hidden from it". So even though you may get these delights, you can't know about it until you reach there. If you can accept this then just resign this rewarding to Allah and ask Him for what you want. He hears all prayers and answers them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!