/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Khadija in the Hadiths ?

truthseeker63
02-06-2014, 02:50 PM
As Salaam Alaikum my question can this be found in the Hadiths ?

Stories of the Sahaba

Khadija (RA)

Khadija wished to marry this honorable man, known a throughout Mecca as Al-Ameen (The Trustworthy). Khadija then sent her servant to the Prophet. Nufaysa came to Muhammad (SAW) and asked him why he had not married yet.
She asked him, "Why are you not married, yet?"
"For lack of means," he (SAW) answered.
"What if I could offer you a wife of nobility, beauty, and wealth? Would you be interested?" she asked him.
He replied in the affirmative, but when Nufaysa mentioned Khadija, the young employee chuckled in amazement.
"How could I marry her? She has turned down the most noble men in the city, much wealthier and prominent than me, a poor shepherd," he (SAW) said.
"Don't you worry," she replied, "I'll take care of it."
"For my part," he said, "I am willing."
Nufaysa returned with these glad tidings to Khadija. Not long after, the wealthy businesswoman married her young employee in a marriage ceremony conducted by Abu Talib, the uncle of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

http://islamicbulletin.org/newslette...5/sahabah.aspx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
A very likely story, hadith or not.

:peace:

syed_z
02-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

This narrative has actually been taken from Al Raheeq Al Maktum (The Sealed Nectar) the Prophet's (Saw) Biography. It is a well known and authentic story of the life of the Prophet (saw) and has been written after collections taken from the various authentic sources in the past.

Wynter
02-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Re: 10 Recommended Books to Read

1. Go Tell it On the Mountain -James Baldwin
2. As I lay Dying - William Faulkner
3. The Iliad- Homer
4. The Sound and the Fury -William Faulkner
5. The Road - Cormac McCarthy
6. A Life to Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke
7. The Prince - Machiavelli
8. The Savage Detectives - Robert Bolano
9. The Motorcycle Diaries - Che Guevara
10. Notes From the Underground - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Probably not what you're looking for, but all are great books. With great messages and stories.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!