/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Far-right group canvasses Muslims in the East End of London

glo
02-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Very worrying!
I know how I would feel if I came out of a church service and was faced with a group like this.

An East London Mosque spokesperson said, "Britain First's patrol does not represent Christians, just as Al-Muhajiroun's [Muslim] patrols did not represent Muslims. Both are tiny, extreme groups, unwelcome in our community".
What can we do to teach others about the truth of our religious teachings?
And counteract those who try to hijack our faiths for their own agendas? imsad

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201402062000-0023451

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-07-2014, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
A very heavy question indeed! Heavy, heavy....

What can we do? With very many 'intellectual' people around that goes about life questioning everything and knowingly or unknowingly sowing seeds of doubts often causing reactions that make people more extremist in their views on things.

We can explain until we are blue in the face that we are 'peaceful' and we should continuously 'jihad' to improve ourselves and they still go around spreading that jihad means to 'kill the infidels'.

I think the problem is that people do not want to necessarily hear the 'truth'. That is boring. It does not make news.

And counteract those who try to hijack our faiths for their own agendas?
I guess the best way is to teach them at a young age on the fundamentals of belief and to have it incorporated into the lifestyle so that when deviant teachings are told, they are in a better position to know what seems dubious. The problem is that in most cases, these teachings are very limited in scope and most common is just the practice of reading the Qur'an with no 'real' knowledge apart from mimicking the practice of the community.

:peace:

ardianto
02-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Very worrying!
I know how I would feel if I came out of a church service and was faced with a group like this.
I was born in Muslim family, live among Muslims, learn Islam since I was kid. I know how Islam is, and I feel a peace in Islam.

But later I met Muslims that show Islam as religion of violence. Unfortunately many non-Muslim people then believe that the violence that shown by those extremists as the true face of Islam.

And counteract those who try to hijack our faiths for their own agendas? imsad
I don't have power to confront the extremists frontally. The only thing that I can do is try to show Islam as peaceful religion, as Islam that I know since I was kid.

Hopefully non-Muslim people will look at me too, not only to those who show Islam as violence.

glo
02-07-2014, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I don't have power to confront the extremists frontally. The only thing that I can do is try to show Islam as peaceful religion, as Islam that I know since I was kid.
And you do that wonderfully, brother ardianto.
It is people like you who have done a thousand times more to increase my knowledge of and respect for Islam than all those shouty types who presented it in an aggressive and judgmental way.

It is because of people like you that I am still treading this path and engaging with Muslims. :)

I can learn much from you about how to treat non-Christians who have a warped or negative perception of my faith. Thank you so much, brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-07-2014, 03:44 PM
You're welcome, sister Glo.

The common mistake of people is judging a community from the worst of the community, not from the best. This is the mistake which we should avoid.

In my place, there is a problem with small group of Christians that attacking and insulting Islam and also other religions. But I never judge Christians people based on this "the worst". I also look at "the best", the good Christians who have respect to other religions.

If I never looked at "the best", very possible I would have negative view on Christian people in General.

:)

greenhill
02-07-2014, 05:58 PM
True br Ardianto.

The best in a person is guided largely by religious principles, the worst in people is the 'devil' within.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!