/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Civilization

Samiun
02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
:sl: is anybody interested in ancient civilization here? It fascinates me to no end to find buildings still standing after a couple of thousand of years and how the people that came before us could be more technologically advanced than us.

We also have the knowledge that, each nation there is a prophet that was sent to them by Allah S.W.T. and we can see what have befallen them as a reminder to us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
02-10-2014, 10:47 PM
yes... ME! :D

I love this kinda thing,

Scimi

ardianto
02-11-2014, 12:23 AM
Ancient civilization?.

Some people say, Muslims like us are people who still live in ancient civilization and use manual book from 14 centuries ago that not suitable for modern day.

But we should not reply humiliation with humiliation. Just smile, and make du'a, may Allah gives them hidayah.

:)

Samiun
02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

I love this kinda thing,

Scimi
Awesome uhh where should I start lol so many places to start with. Ok I'll start with ancient Egypt, I find it fascinating because they have built pyramids that last long and given the wisdom to create one of the most complex structures we have ever witness in history. Secondly, prophet Harun a.s. and prophet Musa a.s. were the Prophets for this nation. However, I am not sure of the authenticity that Ramses the II is the Fir'aun that had been stated in the Qur'an, could you tell me about your findings? :) According to western historians/archaeologists, it is believed that Ramses II died of illness and later on his kingdom would be defeated by the 'Sea People' so this tells us that he couldn't have been the Fir'aun that had been drowned in the sea by Allah S.W.T. It seems that the theory that Fir'aun is indeed Ramses II looks false in this perspective but Allahu'alam

Also, why is that most people that are examining ancient sites are most of the time outsiders from the country? Would it be possible for them to manipulate what had been going on from these past civilizations?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
you mentioned Musa AS - you know mount Sinai isn't where people believe it is? Sinai as a site for pilgrimage is a farce because Jews and Christians have been going to the wrong place entirely, in Egyptian territories.

The real location was in Arabia, Midian - as it is mentioned in the bible, and now - check this out:

there's more to read here: http://www.wup-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20815

Scimi

ardianto
02-11-2014, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
However, I am not sure of the authenticity that Ramses the II is the Fir'aun that had been stated in the Qur'an, could you tell me about your findings?
Ramses II (1279-1213 BC) was a Fir'aun of 19th dynasty which ruled ancient Egypt almost 3 centuries after the exodus of Bani Israel.

The exodus of Bani Israel happened around (or prior to) 1567 BC during period of 17th dynasty.

List of Fir'aun from 17th dynasty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevente...nasty_of_Egypt

ardianto
02-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Also, why is that most people that are examining ancient sites are most of the time outsiders from the country? Would it be possible for them to manipulate what had been going on from these past civilizations?
Archeology is 'international work'. When an ancient site found in a country, archeologists from other countries will come, or invited to examining the site, usually together with local archeologists.

They do not manipulate, but conclude a theory that can be change when they discover the new discovery again.

Signor
02-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Ramses the II is the Fir'aun that had been stated in the Qur'an, could you tell me about your findings?
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1601209

Independent
02-11-2014, 05:05 PM
I saw this documentary when it came out. It's an amazing discovery. The most impressive aspect is that this is so old, it even predates the introduction of agriculture and the domestication of animals. In other words, this was built by hunter gatherers. Staggering.

Muhaba
02-12-2014, 12:23 PM

I love this kinda thing,

Scimi
Me 3! me 3! I love this sort of stuff too. Everything mystical and mysterious. Just now I was reading about there being water on mars http://t.co/6bJwlsqqPr .

aamirsaab
02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
I did some research on Sumerian civilization. What was surprising was even back then their set of codified laws were very similar to what we have now; theft, murder, rape etc all considered crimes even then.

It may sound common sense, but I found it quite fascinating personally.

aamirsaab
02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
I did some research on Sumerian civilization. What was surprising was even back then their set of codified laws were very similar to what we have now; theft, murder, rape etc all considered crimes even then.

It may sound common sense, but I found it quite fascinating personally.

Scimitar
02-12-2014, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
I saw this documentary when it came out. It's an amazing discovery. The most impressive aspect is that this is so old, it even predates the introduction of agriculture and the domestication of animals. In other words, this was built by hunter gatherers. Staggering.
Post Nuh AS, mankind (sons of Nuh AS, Ham, Shem and Yafith may Allah be pleased with them) had to repopulate the planet - humans, post flood, became nomadic and only settled much later down the line... some tribes remained nomadic, and today it is a lifestyle that is currently a rarity in the modern age.
So it's no surprise that atheist scientists, geologists, archeologists, anthropologists etc etc etc are all understanding that we were nomadic at roughly the same time the Ark came to settle on the mountain.

Scimi

Independent
02-12-2014, 06:21 PM
So it's no surprise that atheist scientists, geologists, archeologists, anthropologists etc etc etc are all understanding that we were nomadic at roughly the same time the Ark came to settle on the mountain.
And when was this?

Scimitar
02-12-2014, 08:04 PM
approx 12k bc Allah knows best.

You should check out the works of Tim Osterholm, and the Table of Nations. It's very interesting.

http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.a...of Mankind.htm

RE: The Table of Nations... there are many, Josephus had a version, so does the OT, so did the Mongols, and even the Muslims, and though the names changed due to language differences, essentially, the tree itself remained startingly familiar and I do not believe in coincidencees:

More to be found in the "in search of gog and magog" and other threads in WUP-FORUM if you are interested.

Scimi

Samiun
02-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Wow I'm surprised alhamdulillah so many people interested, I felt like I was all alone :P . As much as I want to respond to Scimi's post and sumerians and whatnot I believe I have no time at the moment sadly to give a proper response, so wait for me I'll be back soon InshaAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!