/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-salamu alaykum

-Sarah-
03-20-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm Sarah and I'm thinking of converting to Islam. I was listening to a man who converted to Islam with the age of 50 plus and I was so impressed with him. I never felt secure in being christian and was always looking for the true way. I think i found it now and I hope you help me with all my questions :) Also I never wrote in a Forum before so I hope you will be patient with me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
03-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Wa alaykumsalam Sarah,

Welcome to the forum. In essence, Islam is attesting that there is only one God and that He alone should be worshipped. We believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) was a Prophet of God who performed many miracles in God's name, who also taught that there is only one God and that He alone should be worshipped. If you agree with that, then perhaps you're already closer to Islam than you might think.

To be honest, the best way to learn is by attending classes with a knowledgable teacher. Many of us would agree that it's important to go to school to learn from teachers when it comes to subjects such as English, Math, Science, etc. If that were the case, then shouldn't we take studying about religion even more seriously?

Anyway, I hope I wasn't speaking too much. The forum just moved to a new server everyone's still trying to get used to it :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!