/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would it be a sin?

ILuvAllah
03-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Is it a sin to study under a male teacher? I have always wanted to study from someone who is a graduate of Al Azhar university but I cant find any female Al Azhar graduate in my country. All the good Islamic teachers are mostly male here. I am home schooled. Even if I have to study from a male teacher, I will be in my proper hijab and niqab inshaAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-26-2014, 07:56 PM
In what context would you be studying? At a mosque, in a room where it is just you and him? Online via some kind of chat program? In your home with the graduate visiting?

My advice would be not to do it. Find yourself a sister to learn from. Even the most pious of people can easily be misled by shaytan when alone together with a non-mahram. Secondly, just because someone has been to Al Azhar is not a defining criterion to judge on suitability of taking knowledge from.

ILuvAllah
03-27-2014, 04:39 PM

I could not find any female teacher with a vast Islamic knowledge. i tried but they were not well educated. I would be studying at my home but yes ofcourse not alone in a room. I would have my mother with me as my mahram during study time.

ILuvAllah
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM

I could not find any female teacher with a vast Islamic knowledge. i tried but they were not well educated. I would be studying at my home but yes ofcourse not alone in a room. I would have my mother with me as my mahram during study time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ILuvAllah
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!